• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

STCC II -- MB-7AF10F4274C7E9BD - Taken by Leg-End
Deponia -- MB-FDADFCE3241069FE - Taken by Turfster
Magicka and DLC -- MB-74D20F719F005BF4 - Taken by EdmondD
Psychonauts Stacking Costume Quest -- MB-990B7A480AF77400 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Serious Sam HD Second Encounter -- MB-0DB6DBFEE18E2D52 - Taken by Jables Swan
The Showdown Effect -- MB-00F4263D0062DDB9 - Taken by jmizzal
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-9E32C666101D0021 - Taken by Ingueferroque
FEAR -- MB-EF8AAA4E905CD639 - Taken by yuraya
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-CB0A23458BC7758B - Taken by Dambrosi
Swords & Soldiers -- MB-B2E48CEF76B764DA - Taken by KenOD
Greed Black Border -- MB-147B555F6BC45EC9 - Taken by Shalashaska
Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-6ED07E92CAFE2896 - Taken by Kuroyume
The Whispered World -- MB-9A0C2CBDAFAB0F4A - Taken by louiedog
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-536155235E8B8B7E - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Men of War Condemned Heroes -- MB-BBB858008CC0D894 - Taken by Kiru
Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-F2190C873E184B1F - Taken by Relax.MX
Red Orchestra Ostfront 41 45 -- MB-136EF36085ACDF29 - Taken by zychi
The Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-A74B686F9F782757 - Taken by Exuro
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-A2B3EB3480D6F004 - Taken by ClassyPenguin
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-7D2A0F3A1CDEA03A - Taken by Cloudius12
FEAR 2 -- MB-F8C8F6BEE75C27AB - Taken by adriano999
FEAR 3 -- MB-79B97A91D50A03D9 - Taken by Iron Badger
A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-F38DAAD741602B0E - Taken by Buttonbasher
Hammerfight -- MB-420C112B9290B115 - Taken by topyy
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-13CA4CEDF9995461 - Taken by TheLight
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-08DED81A43F17E60 - Taken by Camel Master
Stellar Impact -- MB-1219D3EE92A165C2 - Taken by random
The 39 Steps -- MB-96BF82CDF3D7EBE9 - Taken by bonesquad
Guardians of Graxia -- MB-E7AB24AA24883AA8 - Taken by user237
Greed Corp -- MB-708E638A11446F05 - Taken by The Dear Leader
Spacebase DF9 Alpha -- MB-4CBD88E0556072A0 - Taken by trailmix16
Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-CC0B4A64351745BD - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

Dambrosi

Banned
Cripes, 2 pages already? Steady on, you guys, you'll finish this thread in a week at this rate. :p
100 ppp master race reporting

Oh, and thank you, anon, for the generous gift!

Well actually the insect picture is named Charon on my PC, and I like it because it looks like a man with a stick walking in the fog but then has 4 arms?!
But, people rarely get it, I guess it doesn't really work in such a small format (we had a discussion about it in the thread last year and people only realized what it really was after I posted a larger version.)

So I guess I'll keep using my face for a little while longer then since it's so mellow! Grief you'll just have to get used to it :D Like we got used to your own cool-attitude headphone-sporting glare of judgment! You always look so... leery... do you not believe ;_;
I don't mind you using either, but at a glance your old one always looked kind of like someone blowing smoke into another's ear in sepia tone. And I know that makes no sense looking at it directly.

tag post

sorry for the lack of responses, recovery from an open surgery is a shit
Hope you feel 100% soon, I missed seein' your posts around.

That new thread smell.

On an unrelated note, since I started PC gaming, I think about 25% of my time has been spent modding Skyrim and figuring out why it crashes. :lol Looks like I fixed my latest issue, but that's what I get for continuously installing mods.

Some custom images (quickly thrown together in Paint).

i79jjo1XSBCby.png
ibbtWG1t7zOgSV.png
ixuPxvTVlrEUo.png
iNIXl67glNvcE.png
iZtLhD2UMLV95.png
iOeQ7ltIhCwfA.png

Never played the game before. Maybe I'll give it a chance later this year.

jmizzal

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

STCC II -- MB-7AF10F4274C7E9BD
Deponia -- MB-FDADFCE3241069FE - Taken by Turfster
Magicka and DLC -- MB-74D20F719F005BF4 - Taken by EdmondD
Psychonauts Stacking Costume Quest -- MB-990B7A480AF77400 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Serious Sam HD Second Encounter -- MB-0DB6DBFEE18E2D52
The Showdown Effect -- MB-00F4263D0062DDB9 - Taken by jmizzal
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-9E32C666101D0021
FEAR -- MB-EF8AAA4E905CD639 - Taken by yuraya
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-CB0A23458BC7758B - Taken by Dambrosi
Swords & Soldiers -- MB-B2E48CEF76B764DA
Greed Black Border -- MB-147B555F6BC45EC9
Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-6ED07E92CAFE2896 - Taken by Kuroyume
The Whispered World -- MB-9A0C2CBDAFAB0F4A - Taken by louiedog
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-536155235E8B8B7E
Men of War Condemned Heroes -- MB-BBB858008CC0D894
Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-F2190C873E184B1F
Red Orchestra Ostfront 41 45 -- MB-136EF36085ACDF29
The Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-A74B686F9F782757 - Taken by Exuro
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-A2B3EB3480D6F004 - Taken by ClassyPenguin
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-7D2A0F3A1CDEA03A
FEAR 2 -- MB-F8C8F6BEE75C27AB - Taken by adriano999
FEAR 3 -- MB-79B97A91D50A03D9 - Taken by Iron Badger
A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-F38DAAD741602B0E - Taken by Buttonbasher
Hammerfight -- MB-420C112B9290B115
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-13CA4CEDF9995461
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-08DED81A43F17E60
Stellar Impact -- MB-1219D3EE92A165C2
The 39 Steps -- MB-96BF82CDF3D7EBE9
Guardians of Graxia -- MB-E7AB24AA24883AA8
Greed Corp -- MB-708E638A11446F05
Spacebase DF9 Alpha -- MB-4CBD88E0556072A0 - Taken by trailmix16
Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-CC0B4A64351745BD - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

I won The Showdown Effect from this giveaway anybody wanna get Batman AA GOTY and trade with me? I didnt see it up there

louiedog

Sorry guys, but in my haste to get a code I accidentally copied the wrong line. I messed up and am putting it back into circulation here.

Please do not thank me. Thank the anonymous benefactor.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Whispered World -- MB-9D1EEC4554927C5C - Taken by An-Det

Lain

I'll probably grab Resident Evil 4 when it's dirt cheap, just to have it in the library. Didn't like it on PS2 and never was a fan of the series.
Now, if it was Silent Hill 2 or 3, I'd buy it right away.

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
I'm not too sure if anyone has been following the MISERY mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat but i've been playing the 2.1 release for quite a bit recently and I figure i'd give my thoughts here.

Before I get into my thoughts on the mod, I'd like to preface it with my opinion on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series as a whole. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is, without a doubt, my favorite first person shooter franchise and second favorite Post-Apoclayptic videogame (I don't consider the Fallout series an FPS). The gunplay is satisfying and tense with 2 or 3 bullets easily making you go from having the upper hand to being another victim lost to the Zone. The game's level design is a wonderful mix of feral beauty, camaraderie, and the haunting feeling of desolation. While the Zone looks gorgeous, you never truly feel safe while treading its harsh conditions. Every inch you manage to take could be your last as a bloodsucker pounces on you from out of the blue, an anomaly manages to evade your sight for just a moment and do you in, or a dirtbag merc (or bandit) guns you down just to watch you die. By Contrast, the game's few moments of contact with friendly humans feel like a much needed reprieve from the horrors of the Zone; nothing makes you appreciate an NPC more than having a fellow Loner wander into your vicinity then help you gun down the thieves baring down on you from all sides.

When I found out a mod team going to take all of the great things about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and crank that ish to 11, I was ecstatic. What came next almost soured me to the mod entirely. MISERY 1.2 felt like it was trying to be as annoying as possible and handicap you for whatever reason it felt like; Medkits healing less than a fourth of your health, enemies who would take bullets like candy then shoot you dead with a single bullet, and constantly needing to eat every two hours or so all made me give up trying to play the mod in lieu of finding something that didn't make me want to tear my hair out. The atmosphere in the game was turned from a beautiful, overgrown feral danger zone into a brown and gray state of frustrating difficulty and

So you can see why I was somewhat weary of approaching the newest version, and my surprise when I absolutely adored the changes MISERY 2.0 made to the game. It was the complete polar opposite of my experiences with its earlier version; the game's difficulty is far more balanced. While although Medkits heal quite a bit of your health, you can'T chug them left and right to persevere in gunfights. Your character needs time to actually use the medkit, with stimpacks providing a quick healing method. You can hunt mutants for meat, eliminating much of the frustration involving food. Guns are kept in top shape by cleaning and repairing them with spare parts, gun oil, and other everyday items. Anomalies are deadly, requiring adequate protection. If you're interested in it, MISERY 2.0 delivers on all fronts and adds a whole lot to the game.

TL;DR: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. good. MISERY 1.2 bad, but MISERY 2.0 good.

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-55F63B0B6BB3B0DF - Taken by schuey7

Kanokare

Wow that in-home streaming beta is quite amazing. I just ran it on my dad's laptop and the delay was close to something like less than a quarter of a second. It was also FFXIV which wasn't even a Steam game to begin with. Nifty stuff. Max frame rate allowed seemed to be 29-30 fps.

Thanks benefactor for The New Beginning - Final Cut!

Here's a small giveaway in return:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gemini Rue -- MB-EFD4ADFEF2902182 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 3 entrants total.
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-4850A17F82F50C15 - Taken by feel. 2 entrants total.
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-0929BFB470AC7C4B - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-E57A6A15A5338050 - Taken by _hekk05. 3 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-664A3BA75004EBC8 - Taken by bronson. 1 entrants total.

t1390611506z1.png

Melted77

Wow that in-home streaming beta is quite amazing. I just ran it on my dad's laptop and the delay was close to something like less than a quarter of a second. It was also FFXIV which wasn't even a Steam game to begin with. Nifty stuff. Max frame rate allowed seemed to be 29-30 fps.

I tried playing Grid 2 on my old netbook and was amazed at how playable it was. Unfortunately when I tried Darksiders with a wireless 360 controller I found it a bit too laggy. Still I'm pretty impressed and can see myself using this for certain games.

Anustart

Is there anyway to buy stuff off the market inside the steam app? Every damn time I try I get "Cookies may not be on in your browser" :/

Backlogger

Yeah, I haven't been able to get the frame rate any higher either, although some people are claiming it goes higher. Not sure what the requirements are to achieve that

Shawn6661

Thanks, so the main culprit is my old 4850. It was running fine on winXP though. I Tried to install amd drivers for it a couple days ago but it didnt work so fine, Catalyst Center wasnt working at all. Im dealing with windows 8 native drivers for now and Dark Souls/Starcraft II work fine so i dont want to screw things with drivers. Too bad for Papers Please but i guess i will eventually upgrade my GPU so its a just a temporary separation.

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
That new thread smell.

On an unrelated note, since I started PC gaming, I think about 25% of my time has been spent modding Skyrim and figuring out why it crashes. :lol Looks like I fixed my latest issue, but that's what I get for continuously installing mods.

Modding is so damn addicting. You start out with a few mods here or there. Frostfall seems neat, so you grab that. People were hyping up Falskaar, so you grab that too.

Then, hours later, you're installing all kinds of crazy stuff. People are being smote by the nine divine for mentioning arrows in knees, Sheogorath is turning guards into sweet rolls for insinuating sweetrolls were stolen, and Dovah Bear is following you around on your adventures.

Anteater

Man I guess most EA games require interwebz to play? Hooked up my pc to my living room TV without internet and half of the games just ask me to verify it online >_>

by half of them I mean crysis and alice madness returns.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man not even 30 days in and we have a second thread. Nice!

Hopefully I have some cool Enhanced Steam news for Firefox users soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom