• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

I got the same box as the first time I launch the game, had to log in again and activate, my exe is in a different filename though for texmod so I don't know if that's affecting it.

downloading now and ill test it out to see if i can get it working offline. 7gb so ill report back tomorrow

I can't stop watching the 60 FPS Resident Evil 4 HD trailer. It's too good!

Tcc0Mhh.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can die a little happier now.

gggPtLJ.png

My 1,500th Steam game
or at least I had 1,499 games when I ordered it

Gvaz

Banned
Apparently to play dark souls at a consistent 30fps, I have to play at 720p upscaled to 1080p, displayed on my 1200p monitor :(

I really hate this shitty graphics card.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
opt into the beta and you'll be able to log into Steam on both computers. Your library will show all installed games on the network now and 'Play' will be replaced by 'Stream' if applicable.

...I don't know if that made any sense...

It made sense it means I need both computers log on with the beta. :p

Reg

Banned
One should be able to run Resident Evil 4 at over 60fps if one has the appropriate hardware to do so, right?

FloatOn

beat and delete Guacamelee

I was not expecting it to give me that much trouble in the end but oh man I had to take some deep breathes and tell myself "I beat Dark Souls.... this is kid stuff"

great game though. just be prepared to experience some frustration towards the end.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those of you (including me) who picked up M&M Legacy deluxe edition yesterday, we're now receiving the preorder goodies :)

So if you're on the fence about picking it up, fret no more as you'll get the bonuses.

I figured that would happen. It appears that Ubi decided to re-add M&MVI to the current sub rather than just replace it with a new one then add the game to 37055, so it's not another Rayman 2 situation after all! (Unless, of course, the sub is replaced later.)

Edit: I did my part in upvoting those Reddit threads, Grief.

Eternia

Nothing like suddenly hearing clicking noises from a relatively new (3 month old) 3TB hard drive and then shortly after that not being able to detect that drive. Over 300GB of Steam games down the drain. Hope the one I get back lasts a little bit longer than that.

Nothing like suddenly hearing clicking noises from a relatively new (3 month old) 3TB hard drive and then shortly after that not being able to detect that drive. Over 300GB of Steam games down the drain. Hope the one I get back lasts a little bit longer than that.

Sorry, dude. I recently had my HDD die and it just sucks.

JaseC

One should be able to run Resident Evil 4 at over 60fps if one has the appropriate hardware to do so, right?

That remains to be seen, but it's likely.

Every external drive I've ever had has died on me before its time.

Caerith

That sucks, but at least Steam will make it relatively easy to reinstall everything.

kurahador

Uh oh...what brand?

beat and delete Guacamelee

I was not expecting it to give me that much trouble in the end but oh man I had to take some deep breathes and tell myself "I beat Dark Souls.... this is kid stuff"

great game though. just be prepared to experience some frustration towards the end.
Dark Souls is not even hard.

Copons

Soooo, as we're speaking of HDD, here's a good question!

Win7 install says "setup was unable to create a new system partition". It already happened to me once, but I completely forgot what I did.

Btw, I already tried to partition the SSD via diskpart, and to disconnect the HDD from the mobo.
Nothing.
I'm downloading gparted right now, but what the fuck.

neoism

ssd mang I lost like 150gb of steam games and about 200gb of files... back up yo backup lol

but ssd :O will never use a hdd again

JaseC What is your avy from? pls

Kanokare

That sucks, but at least Steam will make it relatively easy to reinstall everything.

The only problem I have with Steam is not all games have Steam Cloud saves :( I forgot to check if Sleeping Dogs had it and wanted to reinstall it to get some achievements. Would suck if I had my HDD crash and the saves were lost from not backing up manually.

JaseC

ssd mang I lost like 150gb of steam games and about 200gb of files... back up yo backup lol

but ssd :O will never use a hdd again

When my SSD's firmware corrupted itself a year or two ago, I had to briefly reinstall Windows to one of my hard drives in order to download an updated one, and the experience was tantamount to torture -- everything was excruciatingly slow in comparison. When I eventually get around to buying a 128GB SSD I intend to use my current 60GB one for games.

JaseC What is your avy from? pls

http://saoirseronanfan.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=163

NotSelf

I finally made it to the hell boss in spelunky to bad i died hey it's progress getting a bit better.Also you gotta love the jetpack I think i would've stop playing this game a long time ago without it.

Awesome new thread title.

The only problem I have with Steam is not all games have Steam Cloud saves :( I forgot to check if Sleeping Dogs had it and wanted to reinstall it to get some achievements. Would suck if I had my HDD crash and the saves were lost from not backing up manually.

Step 1. TURN OFF STEAM CLOUD SAVES NOW

Step 2. download this

Step 3. Schedule it to create a backup every 2 weeks into this

Step 4.

Uvq1kbi.png

Step 5. Profit

Backlogger

I'm sure someone has already said this and nothing but bravos and kudos to the streaming capabilities Steam is working on right now, but I must say the very best part of all of this (to me) is that I can now remain logged into my Steam account on all the computers in my house simultaneously.

Soooo, as we're speaking of HDD, here's a good question!

Win7 install says "setup was unable to create a new system partition". It already happened to me once, but I completely forgot what I did.

Btw, I already tried to partition the SSD via diskpart, and to disconnect the HDD from the mobo.
Nothing.
I'm downloading gparted right now, but what the fuck.

It's not reading your sata stuff correctly.
I had this issue too.
You need to load drivers from disk, then put in your mobo driver disk and load the sata drivers... after that you need to put the windows disc back in and try to partition again.

Something like that... but I can't say it's 100%... it did have juggling driver discs with the win7/win8 install stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom