• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
By steam app you mean the mobile app?

I think they mean the client. That issue has been going around for a while now. I just use Chrome for all Steam stuff that isn't launching games and viewing the activity feed at this point. Enhanced Steam helps marketplace sales too.

kulapik

Man I guess most EA games require interwebz to play? Hooked up my pc to my living room TV without internet and half of the games just ask me to verify it online >_>

by half of them I mean crysis and alice madness returns.

Yeah, that sucks. fuck you EA, I haven't reinstalled bf3
yet

Man I guess most EA games require interwebz to play? Hooked up my pc to my living room TV without internet and half of the games just ask me to verify it online >_>

I think you can play without logging in?

I think they mean the client. That issue has been going around for a while now. I just use Chrome for all Steam stuff that isn't launching games and viewing the activity feed at this point. Enhanced Steam helps marketplace sales too.
I see.

zychi

Banned
i won one of the games given away earlier but own it already. its red orchestra.

here's the key, for anyone who wants it:

7N9CD-8HND7-C0YDY

Turfster

Alice pings EA's server every 15 minutes.

Caerith

Alice pings EA's server every 15 minutes.

There's probably a reason EA keeps getting voted worst company in America, even in years when banks are fraudulently foreclosing on people's homes or chemical companies are (preventably) dumping toxic waste into rivers 1.5 miles upstream of a water plant.

Mairu

A new thread ;o

I haven't been playing much on Steam lately outside of trying a few games on in-home streaming. All of my gaming time has been taken up by Vita+Persona :(

random

Thanks to the anonymous benefactor for Stellar Impact.

edit:
And thank you for Off-Road Drive.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-907854BD77193320 - Taken by adriano999

Turfster

So does the game throw you out after failing to reach the server?

It's been years since I tried playing (first steam sale after release), but the phone home also hung the game for a split second for me, which made jumps fucking annoying sometimes. Maybe they fixed it, maybe not.

topyy

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

STCC II -- MB-7AF10F4274C7E9BD - Taken by Leg-End
Deponia -- MB-FDADFCE3241069FE - Taken by Turfster
Magicka and DLC -- MB-74D20F719F005BF4 - Taken by EdmondD
Psychonauts Stacking Costume Quest -- MB-990B7A480AF77400 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Serious Sam HD Second Encounter -- MB-0DB6DBFEE18E2D52
The Showdown Effect -- MB-00F4263D0062DDB9 - Taken by jmizzal
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-9E32C666101D0021 - Taken by Ingueferroque
FEAR -- MB-EF8AAA4E905CD639 - Taken by yuraya
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-CB0A23458BC7758B - Taken by Dambrosi
Swords & Soldiers -- MB-B2E48CEF76B764DA - Taken by KenOD
Greed Black Border -- MB-147B555F6BC45EC9
Crusader Kings Complete -- MB-6ED07E92CAFE2896 - Taken by Kuroyume
The Whispered World -- MB-9A0C2CBDAFAB0F4A - Taken by louiedog
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-536155235E8B8B7E - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Men of War Condemned Heroes -- MB-BBB858008CC0D894
Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-F2190C873E184B1F - Taken by Relax.MX
Red Orchestra Ostfront 41 45 -- MB-136EF36085ACDF29 - Taken by zychi
The Lord of the Rings War in the North -- MB-A74B686F9F782757 - Taken by Exuro
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-A2B3EB3480D6F004 - Taken by ClassyPenguin
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-7D2A0F3A1CDEA03A - Taken by Cloudius12
FEAR 2 -- MB-F8C8F6BEE75C27AB - Taken by adriano999
FEAR 3 -- MB-79B97A91D50A03D9 - Taken by Iron Badger
A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-F38DAAD741602B0E - Taken by Buttonbasher
Hammerfight -- MB-420C112B9290B115 - Taken by topyy
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-13CA4CEDF9995461 - Taken by TheLight
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-08DED81A43F17E60 - Taken by Camel Master
Stellar Impact -- MB-1219D3EE92A165C2 - Taken by random
The 39 Steps -- MB-96BF82CDF3D7EBE9 - Taken by bonesquad
Guardians of Graxia -- MB-E7AB24AA24883AA8
Greed Corp -- MB-708E638A11446F05 - Taken by The Dear Leader
Spacebase DF9 Alpha -- MB-4CBD88E0556072A0 - Taken by trailmix16
Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-CC0B4A64351745BD - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

thanks,Mr.anonymous

Extra!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Off-Road Drive -- MB-7949885AEF121013 - Taken by random

Evo X

Great title.

Also, finally beat To The Moon in one sitting after putting it off for so long.

Dem feels. ;_;

38353-the-feels-gif-2RqD.gif

I'm not too sure if anyone has been following the MISERY mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat but i've been playing the 2.1 release for quite a bit recently and I figure i'd give my thoughts here.

Before I get into my thoughts on the mod, I'd like to preface it with my opinion on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series as a whole. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is, without a doubt, my favorite first person shooter franchise and second favorite Post-Apoclayptic videogame (I don't consider the Fallout series an FPS). The gunplay is satisfying and tense with 2 or 3 bullets easily making you go from having the upper hand to being another victim lost to the Zone. The game's level design is a wonderful mix of feral beauty, camaraderie, and the haunting feeling of desolation. While the Zone looks gorgeous, you never truly feel safe while treading its harsh conditions. Every inch you manage to take could be your last as a bloodsucker pounces on you from out of the blue, an anomaly manages to evade your sight for just a moment and do you in, or a dirtbag merc (or bandit) guns you down just to watch you die. By Contrast, the game's few moments of contact with friendly humans feel like a much needed reprieve from the horrors of the Zone; nothing makes you appreciate an NPC more than having a fellow Loner wander into your vicinity then help you gun down the thieves baring down on you from all sides.

When I found out a mod team going to take all of the great things about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and crank that ish to 11, I was ecstatic. What came next almost soured me to the mod entirely. MISERY 1.2 felt like it was trying to be as annoying as possible and handicap you for whatever reason it felt like; Medkits healing less than a fourth of your health, enemies who would take bullets like candy then shoot you dead with a single bullet, and constantly needing to eat every two hours or so all made me give up trying to play the mod in lieu of finding something that didn't make me want to tear my hair out. The atmosphere in the game was turned from a beautiful, overgrown feral danger zone into a brown and gray state of frustrating difficulty and

So you can see why I was somewhat weary of approaching the newest version, and my surprise when I absolutely adored the changes MISERY 2.0 made to the game. It was the complete polar opposite of my experiences with its earlier version; the game's difficulty is far more balanced. While although Medkits heal quite a bit of your health, you can chug them left and right to persevere in gunfights. Your character needs time to actually use the medkit, with stimpacks providing a quick healing method. You can hunt mutants for food, eliminating much of the frustration involving food. Guns are kept in top shape by cleaning and repairing them with spare parts, gun oil, and other everyday items. Anomalies are deadly, requiring adequate protection. If you're interested in it, MISERY 2.0 delivers on all fronts and adds a whole lot to the game.

TL;DR: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. good. MISERY 1.2 bad, but MISERY 2.0 good.

had no idea this was out, thanks for your impressions

Late to the new Steam thread party but that's okay. =]

I had my laptop repaired yet I am back to square one with Rogue Legacy. I'm not upset, I'm still enjoying the heck out of the game.

kurahador

There's probably a reason EA keeps getting voted worst company in America, even in years when banks are fraudulently foreclosing on people's homes or chemical companies are (preventably) dumping toxic waste into rivers 1.5 miles upstream of a water plant.

King.com will win this year.

Megasoum

Banned
Is it me or has the steam icons in the library have been really slow to update lately? Now if I open my library (only 300 games) in grid icons it takes forever to get an image on the games.

JakeD

Dammit, and I just recently bought it. At least it was only $5.

Hope there's a workaround for it.

from the little bit of research i've just done, there is some sort of phone-home every 15 minutes which causes a hiccup, but it isnt DRM. from what i've read, after the first install/activation, you can run the game offline and it will actually prevent the hiccup

edit: source= this random guy and the steam forums

wilflare

YAY new thread!
being in a different timezone really makes it difficult to keep up

and thanks Grief for the hardwork!

Bayo on PC definitive version pls (I won't mind it on the WiiU either)

stonedwal

Seems like everyone has Binding of Isaac, so those who don't can have at it

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The Binding of Isaac -- MB-34AAFB04C0CB41BE - Taken by jmizzal

Anteater

from the little bit of research i've just done, there is some sort of phone-home every 15 minutes which causes a hiccup, but it isnt DRM. from what i've read, after the first install/activation, you can run the game offline and it will actually prevent the hiccup

edit: source= this random guy and the steam forums

I got the same box as the first time I launch the game, had to log in again and activate, my exe is in a different filename though for texmod so I don't know if that's affecting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom