• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauX

Some fellow Gaffer would be very kind to direct me to the updated Air Steam Skin download page?
Very please?

EDIT: BEATEN :D

I'd love to use skins on my client, because Valve clearly has no idea how to design a user-friendly interface, but the damn beta client updates too frequently. No way it won't break few days later.

I'd love to use skins on my client, because Valve clearly has no idea how to design a user-friendly interface, but the damn beta client updates too frequently. No way it won't break few days later.

I use PixelVision and have Beta client enabled -- and things don't really break -- I was running the PV beta from 12.19 until yesterday and I updated but it was just because I realized it was old, not because I had any issues.

The new #air update is awesome.
Did you change your color to that to match the text? I changed mine from blue to green and the colors are all over the place. I thought they would match or something.
94dSjF8.png
I'd like to add that pretty much the only thing that the beta client has ever broken in a skin for me is the settings page.

tjohn86

I use PixelVision and have Beta client enabled -- and things don't really break -- I was running the PV beta from 12.19 until yesterday and I updated but it was just because I realized it was old, not because I had any issues.

Pixelvision is really solid. It vary rarely breaks with beta builds and is updated really quickly whenever it happens.

Blitzhex

Did you change your color to that to match the text? I changed mine from blue to green and the colors are all over the place. I thought they would match or something.

I'd like to add that pretty much the only thing that the beta client has ever broken in a skin for me is the settings page.

Nope, the colors in the details box are random for me as well. It randomly switches between blue, green and red.

Nope, the colors in the details box are random for me as well. It randomly switches between blue, green and red.
Ah, okay. I thought I was going crazy. That kinda seems like a weird decision to me. Even weirder that there isn't an option to disable it in the ini. Whatever, I mostly use grid view anyway.

kulapik

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1001928521&cmpid=social18761274
Thief Modding Contest
A bundle of game development books on Kindle All entrants will also receive a free digital version of Thief: The Dark Project (1998). Square Enix will be e-mailing all entrants with their free product code. = =
https://twitter.com/AMDRadeon/status/435809909406322688

I was thinking that they were encouraging making mods of Thi4f
because the main game is gonna suck ass
but then I realized the game is not even out at that date @.@

kevin1025

Banned
Scored Kingdoms of Amalur + DLC. More to add to the Everest backlog. Think I'm done for a while.

...unless there's a good bundle later today...

Nabs

Do we know anything about new HB, or even if it will be up today?

That's sorta true (><)

All we know is that Guacamelee and The Swapper both added Mac/Linux ports within 30 minutes of each other. It could just be random luck.

leftover desura key for you guys ..

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

indie_db_480x660_02.png

DOORWAYS 1 plus 2
ulgzbKC.png
-- MB-8BB3B79D6EF6ED78 - Taken by Deques

Arthea

It seems HB my library links now show "new" if something was updated. When this was added, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before.
or I was being blind again

All we know is that Guacamelee and The Swapper both added Mac/Linux ports within 30 minutes of each other. It could just be random luck.

Wouldn't that be too good to be true thingie? I mean if both them games were in a new bundle?
I have both, so that just might be the case

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RIP Irrational.

Not a big fan of Bioshock, but man: System Shock 2, Freedom Force and SWAT4!

They had a great history, hopefuly Levine's new studio will create something as awesome as their old material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom