• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm surprised given how long BioInf took to get out the door.

Not to mention the DLC. Damn....almost a year for 2 'small' pieces of DLC?

RIP Irrational Games. :(
Man...Bioshock games are cursed.

Yeah it sucks. I don't quite understand why Levine didn't just leave/sell Irrational instead of closing it. Lots of lost jobs.

Don't let loud voices create misconceptions for you. More than a few people really enjoyed that game.

Wouldn't say that really, seems many people enjoyed the game as well.

Fair enough. Vocal minority in this thread I suppose.

I didn't like what Bioshock became presumably to cater to as large an audience as possible, so the silver lining if anything is being able to see Ken cater to more of a niche with his smaller team. Still, it sucks for all those left by the wayside.

That feel when you get the Stick of Truth ROW gift for 10 keys and then they region lock it a day later and now it goes for 18+ keys.

€17.5 well spent.

Heh, glad I traded for mine early then.

Wait, there's no danger of copies being unusable/locked now they've done that right?

Turfster

Gamefly deals:
  • WH40K Space Marine 75% off
  • Castle of Illusion 66% off
  • The cave 75% off
  • Binary Domain 75% off
  • Sonic Generations 75% off
Extra 20% off (UK)FEB20OFF

It was, and it was amazing. I'd love to see it on Steam.

Man, what the fuck happened to IO?

They made Hitman Absolution. I hope they save themselfs with their next game. Kane and Lynch, Mini Ninjas and Hitman Absolution....

Thats kind of strange. Didn't Bioshock infinite just win a bunch of awards in 2013 for being a good game? Kind of sad to read that :(

Awards doesnt give you money. Sales give you money.

And i think that Ken Levine is serious about the Smaller Studio thing and that this could be the real reason behind closing the studio.

Wow. Just unreal to go to work in the morning and be out of a job a few hours later without knowing what the hell is going on. I can't even imagine.

Gamefly deals:
  • WH40K Space Marine 75% off
  • Castle of Illusion 66% off
  • The cave 75% off
  • Binary Domain 75% off
  • Sonic Generations 75% off
Extra 20% off (UK)FEB20OFF

Sucks for those who bought Binary Domain yesterday....

I had a similar experience with Slender. Played it in total darkness with headphones on and shit myself a few times. Never again.

First couple of 'scares' were fun, but then I began to really freak out about seeing that stupid alien whatever the heck it is thing.

I was messing about in a room and heard something outside, slowly opened the door and peeked out - nothing. Carelessly turned the camera really quick round the other way and saw that....thing and screamed my head off. Never had anything like that in a game before.

Protip: don't try Amnesia.
I wet my pants after an hour and crawled under my desk, gibbering like a child.
Never again.

Haha! I got Amnesia for really cheap in the GOG sale - is it really scarier than Penumbra?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is Garry's Mod worth it if you don't own CS Source? Unfortunately the bundle that contains both games didn't receive a discount

Personally, I found the chupacabra bits the most annoying, probably.
I've ran into a couple of these so far.
I really can't imagine how anyone thought this would be good or even tolerable game design.

If this game wasn't such a sexy bitch at 60 fps I would have dropped it as fast as I dropped the PS3 version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Heh, glad I traded for mine early then.

Wait, there's no danger of copies being unusable/locked now they've done that right?

The ROW sub isn't region-locked. I'd guess he meant that the loophole traders were using to buy it at the RU price has been closed.

Really interested in that game. But with something that ambitious done by a one-man team, I'm going to wait to hear impressions as far as how bug-free / polished / playable it is right now.

I've watched a few video reviews and it seems really awesome. Anyone here have any impressions yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom