• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went in for the $1 tier. (I got the impression Monaco's pretty dead, and I was kind of iffy on Antechamber.) Figured I can always up it to BTA later, depending on what they add.

So I have a spare here. What little I've had a chance to play of Guacamelee was a lot of fun, so hopefully someone'll enjoy it.

Thanks for Guacamelee :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
What self respecting person doesn't already own all of those games :p.

People with huge gaming backlogs who try to remain strong and not buy every single game they desire simply because it's a Steam Sale, and we already have hundreds of hours of gaming queued up, so no matter how good that game is for $3 or so we hold the line and remain strong.

That is until a Holy Mother of God bundle like this comes along, and all strength fades against the wind of Stupendous Deals. And the backlog just keeps on growing....

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
i have no idea what antichamber is

Antichamber is a game about going against expected standards that games have been using for decades and we all just got used to and do almost automatically for the most part. A lot of the fun actually comes in playing a game differently.

Then it mostly becomes just a puzzle game in first person that no longer tricks or fools you because you are used to it eventually for how it does things differently, but still quite enjoyable if you like it's style of game play when it's not being "weird".

I quite recommend it to people, even if it's just for the first hour of "I wasn't expecting that" or to make one think of the standards of game development and how we have all been trained to just assume linear paths by sight in corridor games.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Won a lot of games this last few days so it's my turn to give back to this awesome community!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-294F6C5ED20A6971 - Taken by dot. 6 entrants total.
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-7AB2A6BBD96220D5 - Taken by trailmix16. 16 entrants total.

t1392754703z1.png

It's time to to eat lightnin' and crap thunder!

Yes, I watched Rocky recently.

ModBot said:
b]Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dust elysian tail -- MB-0D99D0B073F970F0 - Taken by Cth. 7 entrants total.
Giana sisters -- MB-92723C6669F8A5FE - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Guacamelee -- MB-2C897EBC82E45F4A - Taken by kennah. 6 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-8637F5487C2442E5 - Taken by BruteUA. 13 entrants total.

t1392754838z1.png

GaussTek

Couldn't resist. Just bought the bundle and I BTA. It took like five minutes to get the HB e-mail, but now I have all games on Steam :D

Nabs

Hey, I'm one of the guys behind Roundabout - that spinning limo game that was linked last night.

Our Greenlight vote curve shot through the roof this morning, and it's mainly because of this thread. You guys are rad, and it's super great to read that you guys think it looks great!

If you're coming to PAX East, come and say hi and I'll give you the best hi-five that you have ever experienced.

Hahaha. Yes!! The game looks amazing, good luck on getting it on Steam.

ifVl5wZfd5chD.gif

For those who've played The Witcher 2, is the combat mod worth it?

Yes and No. The combat mod has this affect that when you have a full adrenaline the screen gets this static effect that more than halves your framerate, but this can be mitigated by using your adrenaline. Even with this issue, I liked it more with it on.

Wok

No new game to play in the latest HIB. The only good thing is that it will be easier to gather 4 friends to play Monaco.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Swapper -- MB-F50D836A074AB34D - Taken by nightstorm
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-22458D14ECA3B883 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-0F7E3AE224BB4ABA - Taken by adriano999
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-13A0E9665175C4CE - Taken by Scipius
Antichamber -- MB-AFBE2255ACF40FA1 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda

I can't seriously believe how good the new Humble is. It only needs Rogue Legacy or Gunpoint second week to become the best ever, hands down. Best thing is, I only own Guacamelee. I'm sooo playing Dust tonight :D

I also don't understand why the hell wasn't this HIB X, instead that the one we got. I got so hyped for that one :(

Also, I think the average must be the lowest one for a "main" Humble in a while. I just got back home and it's still under 4$
not that I'm complaining :lol

CptUnderpant

Neo Member
Just one question about the game. Is it more like Tony Hawk with a spinning limo or is it more like GTA2 with a spinning limo?

The scoring system is very Tony Hawk (running over people and small things work like "manuals" to the main multiplier system), but if you're comparing games, it's more like Crazy Taxi mixed with GTA. With a spinning limo.

It's hard picking a genre from a checkbox, to say the least.

bender

What time is it?
Pardon the dumb, probably redundant question but how do you extract keys from the Humble Bundle for giveaways?

The scoring system is very Tony Hawk (running over people and small things work like "manuals" to the main multiplier system), but if you're comparing games, it's more like Crazy Taxi mixed with GTA. With a spinning limo.

Awesome. You sold me on the game. Its 9.99$ spent well.

Double Fine Stream guys are playing this game right now : http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware-Games/Facade.shtml seems to be really cool

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Pardon the dumb, probably redundant question but how do you extract keys from the Humble Bundle for giveaways?

Not a dumb question at all. To help you there is a wonderful guide explaining exactly what to do. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91136719&postcount=5

That sounds amazing, I have to buy it now.

fozzy

Just a little something to give back.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-C56DB524AFAE7C54 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-3E0FCC41EC7D2A31 - Taken by Evrain

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The latest Lazy Guy Studios bundle is running a 50% off promotion for the next few hours:

http://www.lazyguysstudio.com/bundle/

Now only $1.99.

Worth it just for Hero of the Kingdom alone, if you don't already have it from the other bundle it was in. I played this (somewhat short) game this past weekend and really enjoyed it.

Hope you guys like the games :D
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Swapper -- MB-2CD0E805C8B30F6A - Taken by Exuro. 10 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-622922937D04CD4F - Taken by Vandrar. 2 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-F3169C0A7F064142 - Taken by kulapik. 14 entrants total.
Giana Sisters -- MB-5F5E0B633903B5F1 - Taken by Dambrosi. 2 entrants total.

t1392755963z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Swapper -- MB-7CB27546C3583905 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-28B921919B2C9E4C - Taken by Sajjaja
Antichamber -- MB-2DB82223A814DE04 - Taken by Divius
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-6A9B71D54A1FCED7 - Taken by didamangi

Relax.MX

ModBot said:
Instructions for Relax.MX:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-B483D61F1F4D6608 - Taken by Tesseract
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-AE6B335A8C13346B - Taken by jmizzal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom