• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you playing a panther/assault style and therefore tried a frontal assault? I only ask as I finished the section via Ghost so I don't know how much damage he actually does.
Yeah I'm a panther style player, I only refrain from killing people when there are consequences, like in Dishonored.

So I went ahead and bought Beyond Good and Evil...

Worst gaming purchase I've ever made. The quality of the game is fine, but it's a technical travesty. i can't change the resolution at all.

Missed Cubetractor :( That's for working instead of lurking
Serves you right. :p
MXeEaS0.jpg

So I went ahead and bought Beyond Good and Evil...

Worst gaming purchase I've ever made. The quality of the game is fine, but it's a technical travesty. i can't change the resolution at all.

This should help - http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Beyond_Good_&_Evil#Widescreen_resolution

The game has issues working on modern PCs. I seem to remember the water would cause massive frame drops as well and there was some fix for that too. It's worth putting up with the annoyances though... the game itself is absolutely magnificent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why is Chronicles of Riddick not on steam? Will Condemned and Prey ever be back? I want them!!!

Because reasons. Atari recently brought back Ghostbusters and so I figured Riddick would follow suit, but apparently not. The game is still published by Atari on GOG, GameStop/Impulse and GamersGate so it's not a distribution rights issue.

Arthea

If we talk what had to be on steam, for one, Dune, Homeworld games, Dragon's Dogma and FFX and X-2 remakes. :(
and all Sega library, and don't even let me start on Konami.
DD really had to be on PC, everybody can see that, but Capcpom.

edited: anybody has impressions on Ninja Cats vs Samurai Dogs. The game looks insane and quirky enough to be my kind of game, but I got burned by many tower defence games in the past, so would like to know how it plays, kinda looks like Plants vs Zombies clone.

Turfster

If we talk what had to be on steam, for one, Dune, Homeworld games, Dragon's Dogma and FFX and X-2 remakes. :(

Well, Homeworld will be coming with Gearbox's remake later this year.
(People could win the original on Steam for their fan day thing they did, so we know it'll appear)

derExperte

If we talk what had to be on steam, for one, Dune, Homeworld

Homeworld is only a matter of time.

I have fond memories of playing Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. It was the sole reason that I upgraded to a 3DFX Voodoo 4MB.

Gonna poop on the party and say that despite 3dfx support Turok 1 felt like a cheap console port of an average shooter, the viewing distance was severly limited by the fog that was necessary on N64, the controls were wonky and afair it didn't have quicksave which was a big deal back then. Level design was poor also, very flat and huge amounts of nothing.

Anteater

It seems pretty barren for capcom the next couple months, maybe they'll announce it out of nowhere like RE4 HD and release in may or something, believe.

oipic

Homeworld is only a matter of time.

Sounds like Gearbox have their heart in the right place with the Homeworld HD remake thing, and opening it up to user-created mods and the like is a bit of value-add I hadn't seen coming. Looking forward to it.

Arthea

It seems pretty barren for capcom the next couple months, maybe they'll announce it out of nowhere like RE4 HD and release in may or something, believe.

I keep telling that myself from the start, that they will understand that it could run so much better on PC, if they made some effort and I believe it would sell too. I remember them not being happy with console sales, wouldn't it makes sense to release it on PC for some extra cash?

JaseC

ynyV83k.jpg

:(

Edit: Derp, I added a Steam logo but uploaded the wrong image. Just imagine it's there.

Anteater

I keep telling that myself from the start, that they will understand that it could run so much better on PC, if they made some effort and I believe it would sell too. I remember them not being happy with console sales, wouldn't it makes sense to release it on PC for some extra cash?

Yea the situation made little sense, Sven from Capcom actively tried to push for a PC release but nothing came out of it. I remember him making multiple posts about it whenever someone ask on their forum.

http://i.imgur.com/ynyV83k.jpg[IMG]

:(
[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MXeEaS0.jpg

I would pay full price for Dragon's Dogma without a second thought, I've been wanting to play it since it came out but I'll be damned if I play it with black bars and a sub 20 framerate.

Arthea

I would pay full price for Dragon's Dogma without a second thought, I've been wanting to play it since it came out but I'll be damned if I play it with black bars and a sub 20 framerate.

I have it, expansion too on PS3, still would buy on PC if it run better, and it would, because it hardly possible to be worse. (><)
The same with Bayo, I bought PS3 version, as my xbox died at that time and I'm patiently awaiting for PC version to be able to play it.
I bought Amalur on PC too, because I can't stand to play it on PS3.
I even don't mind how late these ports are, I just want to play games that run smoothly, especially action games.

You made me believe that it was released in Steam

I believe, that was his intention. (><)

JaseC

Dammit! I saw the image and was immediately giddy, then I read the rest of your post.
That was mean, JaseC, I haven't clicked a supposed Steam page link so fast in quite a while.
You made me believe that it was released in Steam

tumblr_mkddv1lc9p1s28ozsze.gif

You guys are in for a treat if it ever goes on PC. It's all up to Capcom.

I bought it on the PS3 with the intention of giving it a whirl but of course this never eventuated.

Arthea

I would post some glorious DD gifs, but that would be mean at this point (><)

edited: so AssFlag overtook Banished on best sellers list. I really need to get back to it. I just don't remember already how to save my save files, Jasec, can you kindly remind me? PM would do ;)

Arthea

I see Skyborn was properly tagged by community and reviews are mostly positive. It remains mystery why it was tagged casual by Valve still, though.

The "C" in my username stands for "Cunt". :p

I thought C stands for Creed

Don't tempt me, steam, with Sudeki having cards, I'm not buying anything until summer sales, this time for real!

tumblr_mkddv1lc9p1s28ozsze.gif

I bought it on the PS3 with the intention of giving it a whirl but of course this never eventuated.
Time to turn on that PS3 and tolerate some 20 fps moments, small fov, the camera clipping into monsters as you climb them, and your character inside a monster while grappling them. Its not gonna hurt, not too much. :)
The screenshot feature in-game was made for PC. Game has some collision issues, especially when the monster falls right on your as your still grappling it haha.

I'll buy it on Steam if Capcom does the right thing, but you know, Capcom will Capcpom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom