• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Bean

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Engineers -- MB-045797007E13F805

t1393095634z1.png

1 hour left.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd still wait until tomorrow to make sure they don't include them with the other stuff like how day 1 we had some bonus games

Anno 2070 was probably just a special case to apologise for Anno 1404 not being quite ready. :(

StAidan

Thanks guys. There is no integrated video, and I don't have any reason to suspect the PSU right now, in fact I've found I can pretty reliably predict these crashes -- they seem to happen most often when I (1) open a new window, (2) unlock my computer, or (3) start up a video in a browser window. All things that create a new drawing surface, interestingly enough.

Also, I pulled my wireless card out of the system (I wasn't using it anyway), leaving no extra peripherals inside.

I'm gonna push forward with the OS reinstall and hope that solves it. If not, well... I can try RMAing the thing I guess, although I am doubtful that the card itself is the problem.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New thread, nice work MRORANGE.

Already own all of the Far Cry games, though I don't have Blood Dragon on Steam (just uPlay due to a promo).

An Assassin's Creed sale would be nice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New thread, nice work MRORANGE.

Already own all of the Far Cry games, though I don't have Blood Dragon on Steam (just uPlay due to a promo).

An Assassin's Creed sale would be nice.

You'll get your wish 23 hours and 53 minutes from now. ;)

Oh, thanks for the clarification.

They're cheaper still in Eastern Europe! Unless he wants Rayman Legends or Black Flag, that is.

Lain

Hero Siege gets patched like twice a day, yet the game still seems to have some sort of frame-rate problems for me from time to time. I wonder why that is.

didamangi

Thanks guys. There is no integrated video, and I don't have any reason to suspect the PSU right now, in fact I've found I can pretty reliably predict these crashes -- they seem to happen most often when I (1) open a new window, (2) unlock my computer, or (3) start up a video in a browser window. All things that create a new drawing surface, interestingly enough.

Also, I pulled my wireless card out of the system (I wasn't using it anyway), leaving no extra peripherals inside.

I'm gonna push forward with the OS reinstall and hope that solves it. If not, well... I can try RMAing the thing I guess, although I am doubtful that the card itself is the problem.

Well, what you can do is test the RAM and CPU for stability, see if they're the culprit (unlikely seeing the problem but you'll never know)

You can use the internal Windows Memory Diagnostic or memtest for RAM, and Prime95 for CPU stability.

kris.

Banned
oh cool i was just wondering yesterday if i should get sleeping dogs and now it's only $5 and now i own sleeping dogs yaaay

The_Monk

Sleeping Dogs eh? I have it on PS+ but my subscription ran out. Plus it's Steam. Hmmm. I'll consider it!

To be honest I played both versions. The PS3 and the PC version and I can honestly say that this is one of those games that not only you can see a really decent difference between them but also it's worth to double dip. Even if it is the same story, playing this game on 60 FPS with some neat high settings and that HD downloadable pack is more than worth it.

You will be amazed when you start driving at night listening to a zen radio station and it starts to rain... I would say it's mesmerizing, you will park your car and just relax with the rain drops. City lights are also amazing, if you can I truly recommend to play it on PC because it's one of those games that you can easily see a clear difference that can make you enjoy (even more) this game.

Grief.exe

Already own Alpha Protocol on 360. Is it worth getting PC version?

If you ever want to play it again its probably worth getting.

Your 360 is probably going in a box relatively soon, and your PC is infinitely backwards compatible. Also be nice to replay with the usual PC extras such as higher frame rate, resolution, graphical settings, etc.

The_Monk

PC is infinitely backwards compatible. Also be nice to replay with the usual PC extras such as higher frame rate, resolution, graphical settings, etc.

This is the best thing for me. For some titles I no longer need to keep older consoles because I can play many of them on PC. For both PS3 and 360 this was good since many titles are also available on PC and I believe I can say the same to the PS2 but I only have one PS2 title at the moment.

For someone who does not like to have his TV filled with electronics it's great thing and for a clean minimalist PC desk, Steam provided me a clutter free (as in plastic cases) environment giving me more space while keeping my things organized. I am pleased even if there's always room from improvement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom