• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diedac

Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sideway New York -- MB-72F1420F1A243069 - Taken by X05. 5 entrants total.
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-F5CD2622D02088CF - Taken by tylergregg. 15 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines -- MB-05A66A6094FE8472 - Taken by fantomena. 4 entrants total.

t1395788695z1.png

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
This is the Steam thread that will be open when Dark Souls II launches.

Just let that sink in for a bit.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif
At the pace we are going I wouldn't bet on it :p

EDIT: damn, :lol

Dambrosi

Banned
This is the Steam thread that will be open when Dark Souls II launches.

Just let that sink in for a bit.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif
Speaking of which, I now have enough cash to buy a second-hand copy of Dark Souls 2 for PS3. Should I bite on that for now, or should I wait for the PC version, just in case you're right about the graphical improvements?

fantomena

Thinking about running through Burial at Sea Ep 2 soon so I finally can delete BioInf from my library.

Still feel lucky for egtting the sespass for 5€.

onionfrog

Steam has spoiled me for sales. I can hardly consider anything else a bargain.

Oh well.
One month after building my PC I'm up to 69 games on steam. I've probably only played 6 or 7 of them.... It begins

Ok hoping the PC version of Dark Souls 2 is good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I never really played much of Bioshock Infinite past the first hour of the game. The first hour was great, but it already felt like it was starting to get repetitive.

Thinking about starting over from the beginning soon, then moving on to Burial at Sea (since I loved the first two Bioshock games).

Do you have to beat the main game before you can start the DLC? Are the stories connected? I thought I read somewhere it's like an alternate timeline thing?

It's an honest question - please try to make your answer as spoiler-free as possible.

derExperte

Speaking of which, I now have enough cash to buy a second-hand copy of Dark Souls 2 for PS3. Should I bite on that for now, or should I wait for the PC version, just in case you're right about the graphical improvements?

A good framerate and 1080p would already be enough graphical improvement for me. I say: Stay strong.

Do you have to beat the main game before you can start the DLC? Are the stories connected? I thought I read somewhere it's like an alternate timeline thing?

You don't have to beat the full game first but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I never really played much of Bioshock Infinite past the first hour of the game. The first hour was great, but it already felt like it was starting to get repetitive.

Thinking about starting over from the beginning soon, then moving on to Burial at Sea (since I loved the first two Bioshock games).

It's an honest question - please try to make your answer as spoiler-free as possible.

The stories ARE connected. Whether or not you have to beat the first I dont know. Id guess No though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

JustinBB7

Main story isn't that long, I'd suggest doing main story first. But the DLC is alternate timelines yea.

Terra_Ex

Yay for a new thread!
Thinking about running through Burial at Sea Ep 2 soon so I finally can delete BioInf from my library.

Still feel lucky for egtting the sespass for 5€.
Planning to run through both episodes this weekend myself, the game's been installed for a long time now waiting for both episodes to release and I want that free space back.

We should just stop numbering the threads and just call them, for example, STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 March/April.

Anyways, I've finally joined Playfire Rewards. I was stupid and thought it was only available in the UK :( How come there isn't a thread on GAF about it?

The DLC continues the main game. You could always play the main game on normal/easy so that enemies aren't too bullet spongey, and make sure to use lots of vigors. It makes the game less monotonous.

Cheddahz

Banned
I can't wait for this thread to become the thread that is remembered for everyone being pissed off that the PC port of Dark Souls 2 is the same as the console version

Zafir

Woot.

To celebrate, new thread giveaway, hoorah!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starbound -- MB-A3F54141CA523334 - Taken by Miker. 60 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3(Origin) -- MB-2BC609972B67A987 - Taken by JustinBB7. 4 entrants total.
Saints Row The Third -- MB-D9E4FBCD090F523C - Taken by jmizzal. 6 entrants total.
Civilization V -- MB-6C1FB84432234968 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3(Origin) -- MB-59FF2B96368776C9 - Taken by Volimar. 2 entrants total.
Civilization V - Gods and Kings -- MB-68EA20CE7AA0226B - Taken by cardinalmind. 11 entrants total.

t1395863977z1.png

Messed Gods and Kings up a bit when making this, so if you have problems, let me know and I'll pm the url directly.

HoosTrax

Anyways, I've finally joined Playfire Rewards. I was stupid and thought it was only available in the UK :( How come there isn't a thread on GAF about it?
Because they're useless. They don't award retroactively, so if you've already played the game and gotten the achievements prior, you're SOL. It's basically a ploy to get you to buy games from them during the reward period.

justjim89

So, I pre-ordered Dark Souls II almost a week ago, and it's in my library, but the transaction doesn't show on my statement and the money is still in my account. Did my transaction just slip through the system, or will I be charged on a later date?

jshackles

The DLC continues the main game. You could always play the main game on normal/easy so that enemies aren't too bullet spongey, and make sure to use lots of vigors. It makes the game less monotonous.

Thanks will definitely give that a shot. Hope to get to it soon though I'll be out of town all weekend traveling. I guess if I've waited what? a year? to play I can wait a few extra days.

How is One Way Heroes? And it's made with rpg maker?

One Way Heroics is quite awesome and has the SteamGAF seal of approval.

def sim

I don't get the thread title...

Tuesdays are indeed nice though. Midweek deal. New Humble Bundle every other week.

In the Street Fighter movie with Van Damme and Raul Julia, Chun Li tells Bison how he killed her father. He didn't remember, she was surprised, and his reply was, " For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday."

edit: oh there's a video linked

Lunaniem

Because they're useless. They don't award retroactively, so if you've already played the game and gotten the achievements prior, you're SOL. It's basically a ploy to get you to buy games from them during the reward period.

They can be useful for new releases, I got around $6 just for getting South Park achievements when it came out.

JustinBB7

I keep getting:

"The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Bioshock Infinite. Error Code (55)"

Wtf. I launched it 10 mins ago fine but had to redownload some files. And now I keep getting this.

fantomena

Honestly, I ended up cheating with a trainer from Gamecopyworld after 6-7 hours just to get pass all the battles asap because they were so boring.

If I played the game on a console I may have ended up not playing through the game at all.

Because they're useless. They don't award retroactively, so if you've already played the game and gotten the achievements prior, you're SOL. It's basically a ploy to get you to buy games from them during the reward period

Well, damn :/ In any case, I can always relock and unlock cheevos using SAM, amirite guise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom