• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 IV - For me it was Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

I hope you'll forgive my little prank and have some fun guessing what is what, you have 24 hours for that!

Have fun!

Knife Plastic - Gun Metal
Monday Evening AA -- Saturday Morning RPG
Oriak - Kairo :p
Station'em High - Ride em low

And I don't see anything more

Khronico

So finally finished Two Worlds 2 and its DLC with just over 50 hours on the clock. Brilliant game and so much better than I thought it was going to be, it's a damn fine WRPG. Some genuinely great quests and even general fetch quests are presented in an interesting way with some funny stories. It seriously puts some of the shit Bethesda do in their Elder Scrolls games to shame. Some genuinely great dialogue/writing as well, had me laughing out loud in many parts. Great sense of humour and the DLC was excellent too. Bit ropey for the first hour but it's probably going to be my 'best game, not from 2014' this year.

Started messing with the multiplayer/village mode as well. Seems like something fun to mess around in too :)

ani-chuck_norris-thumbs_up.gif

Tizoc

So I gave a name for my Path of Exile character but the game is stuck connecting to server, to I assume verify the name. Has this happened to anyone before?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

I was genuinely surprised in how great it turned out to be tbh :) The first was great in a hilariously shit and broken kinda way but Reality Pump knocked it out the park with the sequel. That teams got skill and ambition, can't wait for Ravens Cry.

I also saw that they made the Iron Sky Invasion game, anyone tried it ? I'm guessing that was more of a made on the cheap kinda game though, you can tell they poured their heart and soul into TW2, I doubt Iron Sky Invasion had that kind of love.

Knurek

Done with Enslaved, two chapters shy of clearing Pigsy DLC as well. Will take a shower and then either go to sleep or power through the game... Writeup tomorrow in either case.

Miker

Done with Enslaved, two chapters shy of clearing Pigsy DLC as well. Will take a shower and then either go to sleep or power through the game... Writeup tomorrow in either case.

I'm curious what you think of the ending, it's rather polarizing. I thought it was abrupt, but I still liked it a lot.

But yes, Volgarr is one of the best designed games in years (save for the default control scheme) and is a must try.
Thirding this. There's no RPG-like progression, it's all on you as a player, and man is it satisfying to just effortlessly breeze through levels that previously gave you trouble.

Nabs' friends list needs to get better.

I hope you'll forgive my little prank and have some fun guessing what is what, you have 24 hours for that!

Have fun!
Heh, cute giveaway.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Nice giveaway!

I lost it at Peasant Nobody :lol

nampad

Have fun!

Thank you very much vor the giveaway.

Continuous Earth:
Endless Space?
Africa Singluaris 3 partially:
Europa Universalis 3 complete?
Sunset of Reality Republic Peace:
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars?

I have entered for several things that sounded cool and I don't think I already own. Hope it works out. What shall we do with doubles, nuke it and give it away again ourselves or message you so you can give them away again?

Dec

I have no idea why or how, but Legendary is somehow set to start on PC start up. It starts every time I restart my computer.

derExperte

Nice I'm looking forward to this. I played a ton of this game on the Xbox. If you've never played it before you are in for some fun.

Never. This, Shadow Complex and Geometry Wars 2 are the last three XBLA games I always wanted to play but couldn't. One down.

I have no idea why or how, but Legendary is somehow set to start on PC start up. It starts every time I restart my computer.

I'm so sorry.

If you can't find a fix for it, I suggest burning the computer and buying a brand new one, no one has to suffer a fate like that.

Legendary, I paid $2.50 for it and I feel like a victim of highway robbery.
It's so bad.

kafiend

You might want to have a look at this.

Kind of like when...

"CCP's latest major patch to the EVE-Online client, Trinity, comes with an optional DX9-enhanced graphics patch that dramatically improves the visual quality of the in-game graphics through remade models, textures, and HDR. It also has an unfortunate bug: the incredibly stupid choice of boot.ini as a game configuration file, coupled with an errant extra backslash in the installer configuration. The result is that anyone who installs the enhanced graphics patch overwrites the windows XP c:\boot.ini file with the EVE client configuration file, bricking the machine on the next boot. Discussion in a couple of forums threads is becoming understandably heated."

http://games.slashdot.org/story/07/12/06/1312254/eve-online-patch-makes-xp-unbootable

I remember undoing the damage before I'd rebooted. But the Eve forums were epic :/

Grief.exe

Kind of like when...

"CCP's latest major patch to the EVE-Online client, Trinity, comes with an optional DX9-enhanced graphics patch that dramatically improves the visual quality of the in-game graphics through remade models, textures, and HDR. It also has an unfortunate bug: the incredibly stupid choice of boot.ini as a game configuration file, coupled with an errant extra backslash in the installer configuration. The result is that anyone who installs the enhanced graphics patch overwrites the windows XP c:boot.ini file with the EVE client configuration file, bricking the machine on the next boot. Discussion in a couple of forums threads is becoming understandably heated."

http://games.slashdot.org/story/07/12/06/1312254/eve-online-patch-makes-xp-unbootable

I remember undoing the damage before I'd rebooted. But the Eve forums were epic :/

I could actually see ways around that to get the data, but I could see how that would be very frustrating.

Weird.
Started getting crashes while trying to play the Bioshock Infinite DLC.
Said something about AMD drivers not working. Weird that this happens now after 10+ hours of zero issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom