• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As far as I know it is not yet compatible.
It even shows on their website:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controller-pc-compatibility

One bloke did create rather basic drivers, but, well:

cgallizzi said:

"Sorry, there are legal issues preventing me from releasing the drivers, but I can totally release them if you increase the value of Dogecoin!"

My wired 360 controller just died on me and I need a new controller, is the 360 controller still the best option for PC gaming or should I look at an Xbox One or PS4 controller as a good replacement?

The DS4 is nice, but I can't recommend it over a wired 360 controller, I have both but I use my 360 controller 9 times out of 10. It's just so much easier and everything already uses it.

I still use the 360 controller just because it's plug and play with no issues with the adapter. Some people really seem to love the DS4, however. Apparently it's pretty easy to have the computer identify it as 360 pad so that it pretty much acts like a native controller but I don't know the details.

Oddly enough I haven't seen much about people using the XBO controller.
Once they work out the analog stick kinks and it goes on sale I'm definitely picking one up. What I've tried of the DS4 really left me impressed; the d-pad on it felt pretty good, but I haven't had enough experience with it to really determine if I'd like it over the Classic Controller Pro d-pad. Still, I look forward to eventually picking one up as a replacement for my 360 pad.

wilflare

reset my PC. booted up Steam and got this
Windows Firewall needs my permission to allow Steam Client Bootstrapper

any idea what's this

kurahador

Been playing Tomb Raider for a while, really good game.

I'm now in
the cave with natural gases
, how far am I from the end?
Gonna try 100% everything before finishing it.

Been playing Tomb Raider for a while, really good game.

I'm now in
the cave with natural gases
, how far am I from the end?
Gonna try 100% everything before finishing it.
You don't have to worry about 100%ing things on your first go if that's a concern, once you finish the game you'll be able to mess around at your leisure post-game and mop up any collectibles, tombs, challenges, etc. you have left.

louiedog

I've really gotten sucked into Shadow Warrior in the last couple of days. I was sort of expecting something more like Serious Sam or the new ROTT with modern looks and old FPS gameplay but it's not really that. It's much more modernized while preserving that older sense of action. Hell, I just decapitated a giant bull-headed demon with my sword without the aid of a QTE.

I'm only about 2/3 of the way through, but so far I absolutely recommend checking it out.

kurahador

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well guys as I've been spending more than I should by the bundles and specials I see here I will sit out of SteamGaf for a bit in order to behave better with my money. I shall see you later and see some of your brave souls on Dark Souls 2 OT.

XOXO

Knurek

Re: F310 d-pad It's worse believe it or not.

Yea, unfortunately.
I stick with my Dualshock 2 where possible (no effin' L/R triggers, god thank you, way better d-pad than x360/logitech pads), but even with x360 some games just refuse to work properly with it (so far Alpha Protocol, Mark of the Ninja and LEGO games). It's good to have a proper xinput replacement just in case.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*peeks out under the Marvel Heroes rock

Hello? Are we still fighting over Saoirse gifs? No? Good, see you guys again in a few days then (or whenever a new bundle is out so I can giveaway all the spares), back under I go

Actually I'm at work so no Marvel, but just wanted to say hi to SteamGaf, I'm still alive :p

I'm about $.61 away from $5 from selling Steam cards, so I can get the Gage weapon pack for PayDay 2. I'm trying to nail down the timing on when cards drop but it seems some of them are just random.

Finally beat Metro Last Light on Steam today and I got to say that the game is quite beautiful and actually has a pretty good story for an action game that was known for its horror more than its storytelling.

DJ_Lae

Is the F310 d-pad better than the 360 controller at least? The 360 controller fits most my needs, but for some 2d platformers or fighting games, I kinda want a controller with a better d-pad.

I'm with those who say it's worse (I have a F510 with is the same thing just with rumble, I think). Its dpad is arguably better than the 360, I guess, but it's also a completely different type of dpad.

I think the overall shape is okay, the sticks and face buttons are fine, the shoulder buttons are small and really clicky, and the triggers are absolute shit. They're narrow, have a short throw and are very stiff. I found them fatiguing for racing games where you're pulling them all the way in most of the time.

The rumble is insanely loud for some reason, too, though that's not an issue on the 310.

JaseC

I'm about $.61 away from $5 from selling Steam cards, so I can get the Gage weapon pack for PayDay 2. I'm trying to nail down the timing on when cards drop but it seems some of them are just random.

In my experience it's generally 15-20 minutes per card.

KarmaCow

Not really Steam related but has anyone had issues changing their email address on GMG? I had it associated with an old gmail account and when I tried to update it to another gmail account, it simply wouldn't do anything. No error message, clicking the save changes button did nothing. It seemed to work fine for my hotmail account which is baffling but I'd like to associate it to my gmail account so I can take advantage of their playfire rewards program.

Anustart

Finally beat Metro Last Light on Steam today and I got to say that the game is quite beautiful and actually has a pretty good story for an action game that was known for its horror more than its storytelling.

I need to get back to 2033. Played a couple hours of it but nothing grabbed me.

If you're two hours into Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and not digging it, at all, is it worthwhile to push on through the rest of the game? I'm on chapter 2 and quite frankly I don't like this game. Lord of Shadows is an inelegant and poorly done God of War clone.

If you're two hours into Castlevania: Lord of Shadows and not digging it, at all, is it worthwhile to push on through the rest of the game? I'm on chapter 2 and quite frankly I don't like this game. Lord of Shadows is an inelegant and poorly done God of War clone.

Some people change their minds after chapter 3. I've seen a lot of that in here lately.

JaseC

2014-01-21_00002ndq6r.jpg

I'm so close I can taste it. There's still Freedom Cry and the Aveline DLC to work through, though.

Arthea

Reus (lvl3) is kinda pain: people rebel, panic, war and kill they gods, it might be a bit too realistic for a game, I mean.
What's most annoying, it is really easy to kill giants and that means definitive game over (meaning you get nothing out of it), as it is very easy to destroy the village if you try to "reason" with them by sending disasters, what's a little better but not by much.

I'm so close I can taste it. There's still Freedom Cry and the Aveline DLC to work through, though.

Ain't those last percents that take the same time as the rest of a game? ;)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

Next up, Liberation? :'D
But seriously, great work dude.

dot

I really need to play through this game myself soon.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-B180C53B95D99F7A - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.

t1390293076z1.png

You should indeed do those things.
Yep. For many, the real dark souls begins here.... so to speak.

So, Dark Souls.

I fought and beat
Manus and Kalameet
today. All in all...they weren't that bad. The only thing that got me for a while was
Manus' Dark Magic attack that surrounds you and then closes in. Even with the Silver Pendant, it probably killed me 5 attempts in a row until I got the timing down for deflecting it (since...I didn't see any way to actually dodge it unless I somehow ran outside the circle in time)
I swear, they should have made
Kalameet's tail
the final boss. I had to worry about not killing him more than anything, and had to be super patient.

I don't want the game to be over. ;__; I'm sure there are other things I can do before I challenge the final boss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom