• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A decent version Resident Evil 4 coming to PC?

AT 60 FPS?!

LMlLJGf.gif

Haven't played RE4 since it came out on the GameCube, so I will definitely pick it up.

Also, Dr Zaius, Dr Zaius, oh Dr Zaius

DukeBobby

nah brah, hitman 2 is still excellent

Nah, the disguise system is totally broken due to the ridiculous AI. They spot you from a mile away, run up to you, see through your disguise, and then start shooting.

Contracts has the best disguise system. Hitman 2's made the game very unforgiving, while Blood Money's made the game far too easy.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not totally broken. Still better than the disguise system in Absolution.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
coming home : -hd port of the best third person shooter ever made on steam
-la-mulana 2 kickstarter

[everything intensifies]
I have trouble knowing how good games are because of all the hyperbole when it comes to indie PC games. I mean, I still haven't played La Mulana, which I own. It may well end up being pretty good, but you know that shit is not going to be Yoshi's Island or Symphony of the Night good even though so many people hype it.

Not saying that is what you're doing (okay, maybe with Coming Home) but it's like Indie games get respect x1000. Guacamelee for instance was cute but nothing close to the hype around it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Today is some kind of amazing day, I know most here won't care, but Resident Evil 4 was the game that got me into horror games. Do you know how much I talk about horror games? Resident Evil 4 is the game that both started my realization that I actually love horror (used to be too scared of it), and started my interest in doing video game videos.

And I love stealth games, so Hitman interests me.

If the Dark Souls patch thing is true, that is also amazing.

And Twin Peaks Blu-Ray has been confirmed today, with Twin Peaks being my favorite TV show of all time, and to be a complete series thing, and include never before-seen content and footage,.

Today is a good day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
probably old as shit but indiegala new steam game from the bundle is vicera cleanup xmas thingie. how nice of them to give me stuff I dont actually own

edit: nvm i see it was a joke :(

Dr Dogg

Namco said they were, 'exploring their options,' which only one viable alternative exists on the platform in Steamworks.

I was just kidding guys, I always like to give you heart attacks.

Hahaha well they should know you better by now, especially with your Dark Souls Steam Achievement posts.

Terra_Ex

Nah, the disguise system is totally broken due to the ridiculous AI. They spot you from a mile away, run up to you, see through your disguise, and then start shooting.

Contracts has the best disguise system. Hitman 2's made the game very unforgiving, while Blood Money's made the game far too easy.
I'd agree with this, I played a bit of Hitman 2 a while back and can't for the life of me figure out how my younger self was able to complete the entire game with SA rankings back in the day because I can barely get past the first level now. The AI is hard as nails in number 2 but it did have some pretty good levels. I think if you're dedicated enough (ie: not easily frustrated) and willing to adapt your playstyle to what the game expects of you there's still some enjoyment to be found there. Hitman 1 however is beyond unplayable by today's standards, thankfully Contracts remade the better levels from that game.

Also, have Valve changed how disk installs are handled recently. My copy of Demonicon just arrived from Game.co.uk (managed to snag it for £5 during a very brief window). The game wants to install 6.6 gigs, the disc install gets to about 3.2 and then decides that it has to download the rest from Steam. Force installing via a run command also produces the same result. It's not a major issue but surely it would be smarter to install everything first and then download the differences via patch later.

Cynar

Will the Dark Souls patch delete saves? I'm like a third of the way through, and I'll probably just play offline if it does.

If one is ever released there will probably be a way to convert them. Converting old Arkham saves was easy enough anyway.

eyeless

i don't recall that to be the case at all, googling the game to refresh my memory i'm seeing pics of old levels that bring pleasant memories of me hitmanning my way through dem levels wearing disguises with those chumps none the wiser

i played the game as recently as like 3 years ago-ish and i think i would remember if the disguises didn't work, also the proof can probably be had on youtube let's plays probably

Hitman Contract on re-released on Steam
And Dark Souls GFWL removal patch live

L1MoCXv.gif

have they 100% confirmed it ? i though they were "exploring solutions" or some other pr bullcrap like that

edit : nevermind
you bastard

re4 hd is on steam (releasing next month)

I have trouble knowing how good games are because of all the hyperbole when it comes to indie PC games. I mean, I still haven't played La Mulana, which I own. It may well end up being pretty good, but you know that shit is not going to be Yoshi's Island or Symphony of the Night good even though so many people hype it.

Not saying that is what you're doing (okay, maybe with Coming Home) but it's like Indie games get respect x1000. Guacamelee for instance was cute but nothing close to the hype around it.

i'm never being objectives about games i talk about, i guenuinely find la-mulana to be the best metroidvania i ever played and i can completely understand how it may be the worst piece of shit ever created to other people, one of the things i understand the most is that different people like different stuff and i'm cool with it
this post was more about me sharing my excitement than an opinion about the game

oh and i think my post may have been misunderstood (sorry english isn't my mother tongue), what i meant is that i just got home and saw this stuff on a news feed.

Dr Dogg

To my knowledge, it's an edited form of the European boxart, but the exact version of the art is new actually. But I love it, it's very grindhouse-esque.

http://games-open.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/resident-evil-4-gamecubeeuropean-box-art-was-so-badass---resident-evil-4---giant-bomb-4lnlytov.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/254700/capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1390329044[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah it a slightly different version of the PS2 cover and manual artwork. Give us a sec and I'll dig it out and grab a pic.

Here's a start. Haven't played it myself but you people seem to think it's okay:

The game is a gift in my inventory, the winner will receive a link to my Steam profile and I'll gift it when you add me.

Thank you very much!

For the quickest I guess (I forgot to do a raffle):
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark Of The Ninja -- MB-50701B9DC3C9E868 - Taken by zephervack

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit RE4! I dont even care if its a gimped version ;(

edit: wait its not the old version, its a new one? o_O

eyeless

Boo, we don't want our games to pose any challenge!
uh, i don't even know what to say to this, have you even played codename 47 or any hitman games? the point of hitman is to get through the levels undetected do your target then get out with everyone none the wiser, without being able to save you get 20 minutes into a level and then get caught get shot all to fuck and have do all that shit over again, it ain't fun. it is absolutely the worst, and ruins hitman, unless maybe you want to play hitman killing everyone and running around with alarms going off, which i am not interested in doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom