• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Eh, the artstyle in Hyperdimension Neptunia looks a bit obnoxious. (It doesn't help that most of the screenshots on the Steam page are of the moe persuasion, and tell me nothing about the gameplay)

I only played a little bit but the port was kind of a pain. I was having random dips from 60 to 30. Also it's made with a controller in mind. When I was playing I had no KB&M prompts but that might be because I had a controller plugged in.

i'm sure torchlight 1 is one of the bonuses
473b6c90ad87bf7bab0a5c48879ab5b023c3ac77.jpg

Someone with CSI-levels of photoshoppery could still enhance to see into the future ;)
KB/M, always.
It's times like these I am sure frost is happy to not see such posts :p

Dsyndrome

Holy fuck at that preload size... can you set STEAM's preload to a separate drive than the install folder like GOG?

I've already got GTA V on PS3 and 4 so I'm not worried about this game, but that kind of shit would kill the remaining space on my laptop's SSD.

Holy fuck at that preload size... can you set STEAM's preload to a separate drive than the install folder like GOG?

I've already got GTA V on PS3 and 4 so I'm not worried about this game, but that kind of shit would kill the remaining space on my laptop's SSD.

You can't do that as far as I know. I just made a symlink for the depotcache folder in a different drive. Seems to be working but I'm not sure what will happen once the game is out and starts decrypting.

Edit: I'm an idiot, sorry. I thought that you were asking if you could preload to a drive and then install the decrypted files to another. Yes, as JaseC said, you can preload to a different drive from your main Steam installation.

Didn't realize PoE had some controversy. Reading it up... holy shit, people add meaning to stuff that aren't there and then get offended by it.

Is there a non-spoiler-ish explanation of the outrage?

I'm pretty sure the mission i'm doing on PoE is people mad about expensive prostitute prices.
Was not expecting that.

The ethics in prostitution prices?

Do you mean mad in game, or made because its in the game?

remember Al Emmo p&c game? It seems they decided to change genre.

Did they have a brain storming sessions in which the question was, how do we make a bad game even worse?

Guess they could make it VR. Imagine how much "fun" hidden puzzles are in VR? Its like losing your keys + microtransactions!

Dsyndrome

Edit: I'm an idiot, sorry. I thought that you were asking if you could preload to a drive and then install the decrypted files to another.

That's what I'm asking. Like, could I preload to my HDD drive in Steam Preloads or some other folder, then install to the SSD drive's STEAM folder. Will have to look later at that if that's what Jase is saying you can do.

I guess I didn't pay attention to the POE preload, didn't notice the option.

My goal with cards these days is to make 5 cents profit after fees and such. If someone has an offer to pay more, I'll grab the highest offer but I don't fart around these days.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's what I'm asking. Like, could I preload to my HDD drive in Steam Preloads or some other folder, then install to the SSD drive's STEAM folder. Will have to look later at that if that's what Jase is saying you can do.

Using a symbolic link to move your depotcache folder would result in all future pre-loads being on a different drive. What you can instead do is just move the common folder and app_271590.acf file to your main steamapps folder once the game has unpacked.

JaseC

I still haven't replaced my dead 60GB Vertex 2. Maybe after the Summer Sale as I want to bite on a 500GB drive so I can use 100GB for Windows and whatever is left over for Steam.

Jawmuncher

The ethics in prostitution prices?

Do you mean mad in game, or made because its in the game?

Did they have a brain storming sessions in which the question was, how do we make a bad game even worse?

Guess they could make it VR. Imagine how much "fun" hidden puzzles are in VR? Its like losing your keys + microtransactions!

Mad in the game world. It was pretty funny.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
60 GB for a game? o_o

At least it's not X-Plane 10.

Installing the complete scenery package will consume about 75 GB of hard drive space

-Kickstarter backer creates a limerick to be featured on a plaque that most people won't even bother reading.
-Person on Twitter considers the poem transphobic and tells Obsidian to change it. This causes a tiny uproar, but it's honestly overreacting compared to most transphobic drivel on the Internet I've seen.
-Obsidian contacts the backer, who then submits a new poem that is less offensive. Obsidian admits that if the content had been properly vetted, it would not have been included in the game, which is exactly what should have happened in the first place to avoid all of this.
-People react to this as censorship and behave like babies extremely butthurt manchildren.

Keep in mind that all of this is over a limerick that the majority of people playing Pillars of Eternity would probably never have seen if it weren't for the controversy.

Arthea

They don't activate on Steam. Or do you want to know whether Social Club has region locks?

this makes me wonder how many people bought GTAV outside steam without realizing it's not steam. Not that R* cares, but I would like nice shitstorm because of that, for the better future (><)

JaseC

I know i just want to see if there is any region lock on Social Club :D But again maybe they are not locked but only language that is included is Portuguese.

I'll be surprised if it is given there's no BR-specific sub on Steam and no other R* game has been region-locked in BR.

JaseC

I only use a 250GB SSD. I'm not wasteful like you guys.

#savethetreesandstuff

Yes I regret it.

I thought 60GB would be plenty for me since I was using a 20GB partition at the time... but it didn't take long for me to realise my mistake.

Seriously considering buying GTAV early just so i can play when it launches. I mean, if the port is good, i will buy it day one...but i'm still not sure.

dex3108

I'll be surprised if it is given there's no BR-specific sub on Steam and no other R* game has been region-locked in BR.

You never know with R* XD On Steam there is no more trading outside BR, but you can buy game/key from BR retailers so there is always possibility :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom