• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
at least it's not as bad as the bellbros in 2

those fuckers are the worst scumbags in the history of videogames

I'm here for you, bro. Step into the building and I'll give you a warm embrace.
Yeah I think I will pick up bg2:ee . And that's it for me and rpgs, have a bunch unplayed/unfinished. Already wanna finish shadowrun:dragonfall, dragon age origins, witcher 2,wasteland 2,south park. Oh god that's a lot of playtime. Have to stop playing awesome roguelikes that never end!

That's a solid lineup for now through 2017.

Roguelikes really are the destroyers of backlogging.

Balthuk

That's a solid lineup for now through 2017.

Roguelikes really are the destroyers of backlogging.

Yeah and I'm terribly close to picking up Rocket League as well. At least I'm not into collectibles,100% games and quit Lol. But still, I want to try out even more older rpgs like Planescape Torment. And what about Pillars of Eternity, Divinity original sin.
What a time to be into RPGs though!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i'm a bell bro :(. I don't even gank :(

giphy.gif

tmarg

A Stardock Entertainment published game co-developed by Oxide Games and Stardock is the PC-ass PC game he uses to deflect a question. At least with the final GFWL re-launch they had Microsoft Flight Simulator and a shitty f2p Age of Empires to try and bullshit people with, now they don't even have a game of their own to use.

That's how serious their commitment to PC gaming is.

It is weird that they are trying to make this massive power play while holding the weakest hand they've had in years in terms of games. Scalebound is pretty much the only game they have in their pipeline that I would even consider touching their store or UWAs for.

Cth

i wasted so many coins on the one with the cat that hangs on your back, i ended up getting all the outfit pieces in that one and on my last ticket i scored the cat. if you're interested on that piece the trick to getting it is to make the mii hit the first little dot on the left and have the moving bumper be sort of a support to stop your momentum so you can land on it.

Got that one on my 2nd try oddly enough after seeing so many having problems with it.

Thanks for the hint though!

so before I get that mad max bundle thing, how do i cancel the auto renewal? it won't somehow screw me over from not getting May's bundle if i cancel it, right?

Got that one on my 2nd try oddly enough after seeing so many having problems with it.

Thanks for the hint though!

funny thing is that i finally got it after so many attempts but I'm not even wearing it atm, I'm using the white kitten sweater and the cat I got was white, so you can barely see the kitten, I'll use it whenever i change my shirt tho :p

I think the Salsa and general hype from Hyper Light Drifter is getting to me.

but my hype for disgaea didn't get you to buy that game tho? :(

tmarg

funny thing is that i finally got it after so many attempts but I'm not even wearing it atm, I'm using the white kitten sweater and the cat I got was white, so you can barely see the kitten, I'll use it whenever i change my shirt tho :p

I anticipated that problem, and went with the grey kitten. I don't actually have the sweater though. Just kept getting skirts.

I think the Salsa and general hype from Hyper Light Drifter is getting to me.

I may have a key to sell you then, if the dev/backerkit ever fixes my platform choice. Support indicated they would switch my platform choice, but my humble page hasn't updated yet.

Beware though, the game is pretty barebones in terms of things you generally expect from a PC game, good sir.

Enhanced Steam User Surveys said:
Framerate: 100% responded that the framerate was fixed at 30fps or lower
Resolution: This game appears to support up to 1920x1080 (HD) resolution
Graphics Settings: Does not have built-in graphic options or a graphics menu

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bamco now asking streamers not to stream Dark Souls 3... a little too late for that Bamco. How about not completely fucking up your release next time?

JustinBB7

Bamco now asking streamers not to stream Dark Souls 3... a little too late for that Bamco. How about not completely fucking up your release next time?

Yea it's dumb, I've avoided everything so far, but when streamers you watch are getting keys you have to be careful. Just super annoying.

if you don't have any of your card or paypal info saved on steam or any other site and hypothetically the site is hacked is your info still in danger? i always delete my info from sites cause I just assume by law if the user doesn't want their info stored you can't store it. :|

I anticipated that problem, and went with the grey kitten. I don't actually have the sweater though. Just kept getting skirts.
for me the gray one wasn't even an option, it was going to be either the white or black one, i should have went with the black. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
it looks like modbot is still running but i just can't personally connect to it, so i guess yay the robot is smart and adapted and survived but booo now i have no way of controlling it??? oh well hope it doesn't murder us

okay i managed to get control of the machine again

data

I can't believe people are selling Nuclear Throne keys for 2-3 dollars. I feel like a lot of people would still bite at 4-5$

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
if you don't have any of your card or paypal info saved on steam or any other site and hypothetically the site is hacked is your info still in danger? i always delete my info from sites cause I just assume by law if the user doesn't want their info stored you can't store it. :|

Well, yes and no. There have been some sites compromised that didn't destroy user payment data properly and thus hackers were able to retrieve it even in cases where it had been "removed" from the website. Not to scare you, but it really just comes down to how well company X handles your data on their back end servers.

There is also non-payment data that you could save on your Steam account (such as your address or even account password) that in some ways is up to you to decide how disastrous it would be if it were stolen. This is why you should never reuse passwords.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded -- MB-41FFA529538DCEA4 - Taken by voodooray
Quantum of Solace -- MB-ED249C730EA39840 - Taken by dave is ok
Neverending Nightmares -- MB-0F075198FCF039B4 - Taken by Balthuk
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-7EE031D7CBBC8FD1 - Taken by Regginator
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-A75388142AD10909
Oceanhorn -- MB-156BA2E4BE1A6819 - Taken by Blu(e)
Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign -- MB-AC348A426D31BA0F
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-8E74858FC7388A53 - Taken by roadrunn3r
Wolfenstein (2012) -- MB-3C8E5F0650873DFC - Taken by data
Gas Guzzlers Extreme -- MB-3CC09EAD43EB57CD - Taken by bloke
Deadly Profits -- MB-9BEA26F6C9E49B95 - Taken by septicore
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-0E14A2695E1518E8
Forsaken Uprising -- MB-BD547B11C7375BF1 - Taken by Purkake4
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-803ADFDDF4CAB9F0
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-E92DC3866081E775 - Taken by Shalashaska
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-FA7C14A8B12A0975 - Taken by dot
Pinball FX2 Star Wars Pinball Balance of the Force Pack -- MB-FB11F7FF10111932
Pinball FX2 Guardians of the Galaxy -- MB-18B762BAA2015032 - Taken by rainking187
Speedrunners -- MB-A81A93C98404CC7A - Taken by TheLight
The Slaughtering Grounds -- MB-D4360749F25C1D01
Pinball FX2 Venom -- MB-E7A64D7112A48735 - Taken by rainking187
Star Wars: Battlefront II -- MB-ED2F14ADB8439C7D - Taken by Lashley
Shooting Stars -- MB-544B9443134AED62 - Taken by madjoki

tmarg

I can't believe people are selling Nuclear Throne keys for 2-3 dollars. I feel like a lot of people would still bite at 4-5$

I see a lot of people offering to buy at that price, but I've only seen one sale. I'd definitely buy at $4-5.

Grief.exe

I may have a key to sell you then, if the dev/backerkit ever fixes my platform choice. Support indicated they would switch my platform choice, but my humble page hasn't updated yet.

Beware though, the game is pretty barebones in terms of things you generally expect from a PC game, good sir.

Framerate: 100% responded that the framerate was fixed at 30fps or lower
Resolution: This game appears to support up to 1920x1080 (HD) resolution
Graphics Settings: Does not have built-in graphic options or a graphics menu

That's like buying a Tecmo game.

Thanks! This will be my first Dark Souls game. Is there anything I need to know before playing? I've watched gameplay videos of Dark Souls so I have a general idea of what the game is — an action RPG with great combat and unforgiving difficulty.

Take it slow at first, it can be frustrating until you get the rhythm of the game play down.

Also there are multiple builds to go with but go with the one that feels most comfortable to you. Your build isn't going to be a huge hurdle to getting through the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam version of PSN Hack when?
Since Sony is publishing left and right on Steam now...

It's not inconceivable to think of something like this happening. For example, the "Paint dry" game could have just as easily been set up as a Free to Play game with an exploitative payload. And they could have called it "Half Life 3" and given it convincing screenshots to the point that potentially millions of users could have been infected before Valve took action. They closed the hole already but in my opinion they got super lucky that it was discovered by a 16 year old kid with little malicious intent.

From what I've personally seen of the developer side of their pages, it doesn't look like they've been updated in ages, and I'd venture a guess that 90% of that code hasn't been touched in (perhaps) 10 years. I know for a fact that their APIs are a bit of a mess from a programming standpoint, and haven't been updated in several years either.

Valve has always had a "we'll fix something, but only once it breaks" attitude which is honestly a bit frightening given how big they've become in recent years.

data

ModBot said:
Instructions for data:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (data, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overlord -- MB-E6E812BF37D890FB
Lumino City -- MB-AF1BC8BD7A8E2D1D - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
Divekick #2 -- MB-F45A49B4B4F2C3C5 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-1597CF3448443092 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Tiny Troopers -- MB-F7E8C42B8F0E33C6 - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Divekick -- MB-C391EA43CB2FC948 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.
Life Is Strange ep 1 -- MB-DD148C8B115B6949 - Taken by jgalat. 3 entrants total.
Read Only Memories -- MB-5A915B51B8B2EE2E - Taken by Costa1774. 5 entrants total.
Overlord II -- MB-1DB6170037F60C3A - Taken by Lashley. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Speedrunners failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1459561603z1.png

One of the Divekick keys might not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom