• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

The fake Dark Soul III giveaway would have been funnier if it was a trivia giveaway like that convoluted FFXIII-2 one that made no sense. Giveaway creator would have been left stuck with his garbage haha.

Anteater

Is Mad Max worth $10.80? Thinking of picking up the Humble Monthly bundle.

It's pretty shallow in a way, it's easy to explain what you do in the game: you drive around collecting junk, invade/take down the fortresses, and the combat is basically simple batman stuff. However the locations look really good visually, and mechanically they're not bad, just very basic stuff, kind of a relaxing game to play if you like beat'em'up and just drive around taking down stuff and punching people, but can be very repetitive.

Wow, Sims 4: Get Together must've bombed to be half off already. EA generally keeps their price up for a while on a series like the Sims.

The damage they did to that franchise really is quite something.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Something suspicious is going on with giveaways today. Trust no one.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ace of words -- MB-9CEC6F90F90B0F2A - Taken by Belgarion. 5 entrants total.

t1459574624z1.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The fake Dark Soul III giveaway would have been funnier if it was a trivia giveaway like that convoluted FFXIII-2 one that made no sense. Giveaway creator would have been left stuck with his garbage haha.
I think you mean Dong's Just Cause 3 one that was supposed to have an answer of "fuck trivia giveaways"

Ozium

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I Am Bread -- MB-82B78A3F7E1C2B02 - Taken by Ventara. 16 entrants total.

t1459568323z1.png

forgot autorepost so there you go

Wow, Sims 4: Get Together must've bombed to be half off already. EA generally keeps their price up for a while on a series like the Sims.

You can't tell from that. They often did half off sales with Sims 3 expansion packs even only a couple of months after release. Especially right before they announce another pack. It might have bombed but the sale doesn't signify that.

DOSEE proves that hardware-free VR really is the future.
I haven't seen it yet.
You can't tell from that. They often did half off sales with Sims 3 expansion packs even only a couple of months after release. Especially right before they announce another pack. It might have bombed but the sale doesn't signify that.

Those were back in the days when EA was trying to make Origin competitive with Steam via sale events... but I haven't been studying the sales patterns or anything, so you may be right.

Vamphuntr

I was also having problems just *logging* in through the browser because Steam Guard was acting up.

ANYHOO, Baldur's Gate EE (Steam Key) is now price matched to Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B1VJZNK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The good news about that is if you have a Prime account and opted to get a $1 credit for slower shipping, those credits work on it.

Just picked it up for $2

Enjoy the glitches. Hopefully you don't plan to play in multiplayer. Also disable UI scaling in the options as soon as you start the game or everything will look hideous. For some reason to scale the UI it actually zoom in on the game.

Enjoy the glitches. Hopefully you don't plan to play in multiplayer. Also disable UI scaling in the options as soon as you start the game or everything will look hideous. For some reason to scale the UI it actually zoom in on the game.

So if I'm planning on buying Baldur's Gate, should I just fire up my original copy on GOG then? Mods galore?

Vamphuntr

So if I'm planning on buying Baldur's Gate, should I just fire up my original copy on GOG then? Mods galore?

If you want the new Baldur's Gate 1.5 from Beamdog Siege of Dragonspear you need the Enhanced Edition.

If you don't care, the best way to go is to get BGI and BGII from GOG so you can install the Weidu Trilogy mod. Makes BGI, BGII and Throne of Baal as a single game in the same engine and with the classes of BGII available in the beginning.

If you want the new Baldur's Gate 1.5 from Beamdog Siege of Dragonspear you need the Enhanced Edition.

If you don't care, the best way to go is to get BGI and BGII from GOG so you can install the Weidu Trilogy mod. Makes BGI, BGII and Throne of Baal as a single game in the same engine and with the classes of BGII available in the beginning.

I think I can go without the extra expansion, considering everything in Weidu is, what, probably several hundred hours of gaming? Goddamn.

I've tried to play BG2 but the opening dungeon always kicks my ass. Maybe I'll start from the beginning and be methodical.

Anteater

dogg too busy working on the SnoopaVision

and dead space 3 is pretty neat so far, not sure what to think about this city location tho, will there be a spaceship/space station? I like playing these games because of the space settings.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got to the first boss in Hyper Light Drifter, this shit is hard.

Apparently the north boss (which you started with) is harder than the east boss. The east one wasnt that bad I thought

dogg too busy working on the SnoopaVision

and dead space 3 is pretty neat so far, not sure what to think about this city location tho, will there be a spaceship/space station? I like playing these games because of the space settings.

You've been playing for all of 5-10 minutes. Give it a little bit. :lol

Vamphuntr

I think I can go without the extra expansion, considering everything in Weidu is, what, probably several hundred hours of gaming? Goddamn.

I've tried to play BG2 but the opening dungeon always kicks my ass. Maybe I'll start from the beginning and be methodical.

Yeah with the Weidu mod you will be playing for a while. It also contains additional bug fixes for the game and an event to link BGI and BGII. If you never played a BG game it's wise to start form the first game to learn the rules. The first dungeon of the second game actually expects you to know how to use your characters and play.

The enhanced edition added a bunch of tutorial NPCs in Candlekeep that pretty much repeats what you would find in the manual. They added some kind of filter for the character models and retweaked the UI a bunch of times already. They added HP bars over characters during battle too. The main problem is that they are piling their code on the original's code so it's really messy. Unfortunately when they finally patch an issue they introduce another one. The new party members added kind of stick out in a bad way writing wise.

How is the Steam Controller? I'm thinking about getting it and does it work well with fast paced action games like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising? I'm looking for a new controller I don't really like the Xbox controllers and Dualshock 4 is too much of a hassle.

Seeing the reviews of Quantum Break made me feel sorry since it was the most anticpated game for Xbox One. I hope the PC won't suffer more cus of Windows 10 Store only and the UWP.

FLD

I think you mean Dong's Just Cause 3 one that was supposed to have an answer of "fuck trivia giveaways"

Nah, there was one for FFXIII-2 with a bunch of borderline nonsensical clues that took like a week before someone got it, and it was only after the giver pretty much gave away the answer.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game -- MB-7B449B5028552DFD - Taken by diabolusinmusica. 11 entrants total.
Totally not Saints R4 GOTC

t1459570544z1.png

Pachimari

I'm having the time of my life with PC gaming at the moment. I'm having so many great moments and I enjoy it. Getting into Hearthstone, starting anew with Final Fantasy XIV, and just now starting over with The Witcher III: Wild Hunt.

Great soundtracks, and beautiful graphics, but most of all immense atmosphere and immersion!

There is a free Unravel trial for the first Level in Origin. The trial says it lasts 10 hours only. Why ? If it is only the first level why limit it to 10 hours and then you can't play it anymore?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

King Kong -- MB-00DD0D4512E6EDB4 - Taken by neonglow. 13 entrants total.

t1459570784z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
There is a free Unravel trial for the first Level in Origin. The trial says it lasts 10 hours only. Why ? If it is only the first level why limit it to 10 hours and then you can't play it anymore?

Because that's their system wide thing generally.

And people replay stuff.

Anno

How is the Steam Controller? I'm thinking about getting it and does it work well with fast paced action games like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising? I'm looking for a new controller I don't really like the Xbox controllers and Dualshock 4 is too much of a hassle.

I love mine for anything that isn't basically a dpad-only game. Anything where the right pad drives a camera or cursor is almost certainly better than a normal controller, which I assume would cover games like DMC and MGS. Plus it really is at least decent at games that are traditionally mouse-only; even something like Pillars of Etermity works fairly well.

It takes a little bit of messing around to get used to it but it's certainly replaced any other controller for me.

I'm having the time of my life with PC gaming at the moment. I'm having so many great moments and I enjoy it. Getting into Hearthstone, starting anew with Final Fantasy XIV, and just now starting over with The Witcher III: Wild Hunt.

Great soundtracks, and beautiful graphics, but most of all immense atmosphere and immersion!

It's pretty great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom