• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We all know the only list of posters that matters is the elite posted in every Steam thread list.

MGS5 Preview said:
I was told that if you do well enough with the pachislot machine, you will get a secret cutscene of The Boss. Of course I wanted to see that cutscene, but I didn’t play well enough to unlock it. A representative explained that players can purchase microtransactions to continue playing the pachislot mission to unlock even more hidden cutscenes. He hinted that fan favorites like Sniper Wolf and Psycho Mantis will show up if you are able to hit the jackpot.

ugh. Why.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Seems a bit of a stretch to classify the game as a bad port based solely on its ability to alt-tab, especially with all of the people citing the opposite.

Try running the game in borderless window, rather than full screen.
By that metric every Source based game would be terrible.

Haunted

This seems right up my alley. I'll wishlist it. Thanks for the impressions!
2559976-patrick_thumbsup.gif

I got one guy to read my impressions, I'm happy. :D

anyone want to take a guess at which poster has posted the most times across every steam thread? i'll have the answer in a few hours.
Jase is my pick. He is posting awfully less since E3 though. I noticed Jase, I did.
Do I get a pad on the back if I'm right?
calculations done back to ~september 2014 from the present for gaming side only.

- steam-gaf is second-largest community on gaf's gaming side (#1: destiny, #3: super best friends).
- steam might pass destiny, hard to tell.
- top 5 communities combined over 1 million posts in that 1 year period.
- steam about 235,000 posts in that time
- top steam poster so far has about 6,000 posts in steam in last year (not saying who until i do full back to 2004 stats)
- top community poster is a poster in super best friends with 12,500 posts in that community in last year
- 12 of the top 20 community posters are in super best friends
- 1 of the top 20 community posters are in steam
- 4250 unique steam posters in last year
Steam is big. Makes you think doesn't it? Only very few people are regularly posting but so much more are reading this thread. Sometimes it feels like an insular place where a small group knowing each other (as far as knowing anonymous people goes) talk about a lot of stuff. Steam stuff but also so much more, sometimes even very personal stuff but there are so many "voyeurs" reading in the shadows, making up images of posters in their mind, about their characters. Some here very likely have "shadow fans", some might be even hated. 2spooky4me
We all know the only list of posters that matters is the elite posted in every Steam thread list.
Huh. What is that?
ugh. Why.
abandon abandon i fell for a joke article :v

PaulLFC

I was interested in buying Rimworld, which has been greenlit, but is only currently available on the game's official site with a Steam release set for 2016.

I had a browse of the game's Steam forums to see if Steam keys would be provided to those who bought the game before release, and I see this:

It depends when you bought the game. If you bought the game on or before November 4, 2014 you will get a key when the game is released on Steam. If you bought the game after that, we will try to get you a Steam key but Valve’s policies prevent us from being able to guarantee this.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this policy is? Until now I was under the impression that devs could request practically unlimited keys to their own published games, precisely for situations such as bundles, selling through their own site, and so on. Is this no longer the case? Seems a strange decision if so.

Kaleinc

Banned
Because it is.
Stupid blur? (yes)
Much worse performance than 4? (yes)
Multiple apsect ratio support as in 4? (no)
DLC? (yes)
Introduced new glitches? (yes)

And I know there is mod to fix blur but need at list ar and performance fixed before getting this.

GRaider81

Hey folks, quick question.

When saving screenshots through steam I was wanting them to save to my selected folder. Upon further research I see they are always saved to the folder within the Steam files.

These are compressed correct?

If I select the "save uncompressed" option, do the uncompressed screens get saved to my selected folder?

When doing that do compressed screens still get sent to the Steam folders?

Hope that makes sense!

I've been waiting ages for XSeed to release Corpse Party on PC. I know they're re-doing the translation, fixing up some things, and their hands are full, but they announced the port over a year ago (June 2014 announcement), originally it was aiming for Fall of 2014, and here we are almost to Fall of 2015.

Soon, the horrifying mutant bug-eyed children from the original indie release of Corpse Party: Blood Covered will be mine!

l_4ee8c8202b052.jpg
This looks interesting. I remember there being another very beloved horror themed VN. Something Saya.
I fell into a deep state of depression after yet another E3 passing without a Wheelman 2: Wheel Harder announcement.
I thought a lot of E3 streams commentary posts by many
me included
made you take a break.
I also remember you posting some time ago after that that you fell into a AssCreed binge.
I remember Jase, I do.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey folks, quick question.

When saving screenshots through steam I was wanting them to save to my selected folder. Upon further research I see they are always saved to the folder within the Steam files.

These are compressed correct?

If I select the "save uncompressed" option, do the uncompressed screens get saved to my selected folder?

When doing that do compressed screens still get sent to the Steam folders?

Hope that makes sense!

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Steam still saves compressed versions just in case you want to upload them to Steam Community.

mrgone

I fell into a deep state of depression after yet another E3 passing without a Wheelman 2: Wheel Harder announcement.

Maybe they'll make a game based on The Witcherman (a.k.a. The Last Witch Hunter, which is obviously meant to be the prequel to The Wheelman) and restore the Vin Diesel balance to Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was interested in buying Rimworld, which has been greenlit, but is only currently available on the game's official site with a Steam release set for 2016.

I had a browse of the game's Steam forums to see if Steam keys would be provided to those who bought the game before release, and I see this:

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this policy is? Until now I was under the impression that devs could request practically unlimited keys to their own published games, precisely for situations such as bundles, selling through their own site, and so on. Is this no longer the case? Seems a strange decision if so.

I'm fairly certain the developer is imposing an arbitrary cut-off period. Most recently, Chubigans pledged to give Steam keys to existing owners of The Oil Blue, which were never promised since he hadn't planned on releasing the game on Steam any time soon and many if not most purchases will be years old.

Maybe they'll make a game based on The Witcherman (a.k.a. The Last Witch Hunter, which is obviously meant to be the prequel to The Wheelman) and restore the Vin Diesel balance to Steam.

Just as long as it's published by WB and includes the two licensed cars featured in Wheelman.

Deitus

Why... why are the walls made of meat? Oh you know, better don't answer o_o'

The answer is actually not that bad. Not really spoilers since it's covered in the first 2 minutes of the game, but I'll spoiler it anyway.

The main character of the game was in a car accident that left him with brain damage. A side effect of this is that it completely distorted his perception of the world around him, to the point where everything looks, feels, sounds, tastes, and smells horrifying and disgusting to him. So walls look like rotten flesh, and other people look and sound like horrifying monsters.

That doesn't even scratch the surface of the fucked up things in that game though.

The answer is actually not that bad. Not really spoilers since it's covered in the first 2 minutes of the game, but I'll spoiler it anyway.

The main character of the game was in a car accident that left him with brain damage. A side effect of this is that everything looks, feels, sounds, tastes, and smells disgusting to him. So walls look like rotten flesh, and other people look and sound like horrifying monsters.

That doesn't even scratch the surface of the fucked up things in that game though.
Wow that is even more f'ed up than just physical grossness. I'm intrigued.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Since I got lucky on some recent giveaways, I decided to pay it forward. Of course, I'm expecting you guys to do the same.

It's should be PC/PS4/XBOX ONE, and you can win a real copy of the game by opting into The Siege Games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rainbow 6 Siege Beta -- MB-F7D81AE2821F7424 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
Redeem on Rainbow6.com/beta

t1439175926z1.png

Oh shit, I missed the Mass Effect 2 giveaway, one of my favorite games.

What's the chance of getting that Rainbow 6 Siege beta, though? I registered when it was presented on E3 or whatever it was

If any of you want to play a game similar to megaman while you wait for mighty number 9 i would recommend getting 20xx , its basically a roguelike megaman game with 2 player coop mode ( offline and online ) ,been playing it for some time and im really liking it.

Its still at early access so there are some things that need some improvement but its really solid at its current state

shockdude

MGR's Jetstream Sam DLC is brutal. Armstrong is absurdly fast, which makes it hard to time dodges, and his damage leaves no room for error. Doesn't help that the game decided to checkpoint mid-fight with me having zero nanopaste left.

L.O.R.D

i am thinking, this will be the best portable device to run most emulators out there
Maybe can't run PS2 and gamecube at launch

MUnited83

For you.
i just hope those "more then 1000 games" are not like those shity games or super Pixlated ones

It's all the Linux games available on Steam. This should play just fine the newest indie games and at least some of the AAA games released in the past years without issues at low settings. That's more than enough for me, the thing I want from this is a indie machine.

Sch1sm

Not related to Steam but since we have some horror fans here I may as well post about it.

The horror game inspired by PS1 graphics, Banned Memories: Yamanashi, got a playable version and you can download it here.

Maybe this will break my slump with games. I don't have any horrors left in my library across any platform, and they're my absolute favourite. Thanks!

If any of you want to play a game similar to megaman while you wait for mighty number 9 i would recommend getting 20xx , its basically a roguelike megaman game with 2 player coop mode ( offline and online ) ,been playing it for some time and im really liking it.

Its still at early access so there are some things that need some improvement but its really solid at its current state

Some how never heard of this but, I don't mess with Early Access games too much, at least ones that cost money. Then again I did buy Darkest Dungeon. I don't know ill look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom