• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of you want to play a game similar to megaman while you wait for mighty number 9 i would recommend getting 20xx , its basically a roguelike megaman game with 2 player coop mode ( offline and online ) ,been playing it for some time and im really liking it.

Its still at early access so there are some things that need some improvement but its really solid at its current state

Mega Woman

Oh man, thanks for posting. Can't wait to see how he uses the style for effect!

Maybe this will break my slump with games. I don't have any horrors left in my library across any platform, and they're my absolute favourite. Thanks!

Glad to see you're interested, while I'll not touch it it's not always we get a game with graphics inspired on that generation, and it's being made in Game Maker to my surprise.

Oh yeah, Cradle apparently came out. Did anyone have any impressions on it? It's that first person game about exploring yurts and repairing a broken android woman, and seemed to have puzzle elements from the trailers.

Absolutely fantastic world-building, truly unique and interesting.
Janky "adventure game" mechanics where you need super-duper-specific items to solve puzzles, and the game physics can really bork things up when you pick things up or interact with things sometimes.
Broken up by this block manipulating minigame thing that is terribly unfun; the developers even realized it and give you an option to skip it.

So yeah, the game is super janky, but the world is awesome.

Jawmuncher

Beat Ground Zeroes today (took me 20 minutes lol) and now I'm all caught up for MGSV:TPP. Might go and play 1,2,&4 just to say I beat them all In a month.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Steam-GAF is the largest community on GAF's Gaming Side, ~750,000 posts in the last decade. Halo is #2 (610k). Destiny #3 (440k). Dota #4 (272k, includes Dota 1 and Dota 2 so a little weird), Super Best Friends #5 (239k)

Top 5 posters:
JaseC - 21,229
Turfster - 9,828
Grief.exe - 8,567
SalsaShark - 8,349
Stallion Free - 8,024

All numbers approximate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As interesting as The Phantom Pain's Mother Base component is (I just finished watching the Gamescom demo), I hope FOBs aren't factored into the game's completion tracker. I'd rather not put up with defending my base from the occasional invading player. Part the reason I soured on Watch Dogs is that a bunch of multiplayer crap is factored into its completion tracker, which had me worried about Animus Adventures Unity.

Beat Ground Zeroes today (took me 20 minutes lol) and now I'm all caught up for MGSV:TPP. Might go and play 1,2,&4 just to say I beat them all In a month.

I started playing GZ the other day and was pleasantly surprised. My biggest gripe is that some of the tapes drag on. Specifically, listening to Paz question her sexuality over the course of ~3 minutes was the point where I rolled my eyes.

MRORANGE

Steam-GAF is the largest community on GAF's Gaming Side, ~750,000 posts in the last decade. Halo is #2 (610k). Destiny #3 (440k). Dota #4 (272k, includes Dota 1 and Dota 2 so a little weird), Super Best Friends #5 (239k)

Top 5 posters:
JaseC - 21,229
Turfster - 9,828
Grief.exe - 8,567
SalsaShark - 8,349
Stallion Free - 8,024

All numbers approximate.

How did you work that out?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wow and Stallion Free doesn't post that much anymore, either.

I imagine JaseC's face is similar to the one I made when I added up how much I spend on tortilla chips a year.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How did you work that out?

Scanned every thread in Gaming Community (all or almost all the Steam threads are there at this juncture); used a series of techniques to map the threads to a particular GAF community; counted how many times each person posted in each thread. Ran stats on data.

Grief.exe

Wow and Stallion Free doesn't post that much anymore, either.

I imagine JaseC's face is similar to the one I made when I added up how much I spend on tortilla chips a year.

If you graph them over time, I'd imagine you will see the majority of the top five drop off a cliff in the last year or so.

Who wants to buy Destiny on PC? I'm seriously asking.

I would.
I enjoyed Warframe and I think Destiny is kinda similar to it. Other than that, I also prefer Destiny's artstyle more than Warframe.

Top 5 posters:
JaseC - 21,229
Turfster - 9,828
Grief.exe - 8,567
SalsaShark - 8,349
Stallion Free - 8,024

All numbers approximate.

Wow, amazing statistics.
Steam-GAF is #1. :D

Top 5 posters:
JaseC - 21,229
Turfster - 9,828
Grief.exe - 8,567
SalsaShark - 8,349
Stallion Free - 8,024

All numbers approximate.
It's not even a contest. God Jase, what you doing bud!

I was right with my guess, what do I get?

Coreda

Destiny #3 (440k)

For a single title that's quite an accomplishment, although it's really piggybacking off HaloGAF. Would be interesting to run a GAF stats microsite. Wonder how long it would take to crawl.

imageokzse.png

Love that avatar.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of thesaucetastic, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rainbow 6 Siege Beta -- MB-F7D81AE2821F7424 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
Redeem on Rainbow6.com/beta

t1439175926z1.png

MRORANGE

I must have started posting early 2011 in SteamGAF, think I was paranoid in not posting anywhere else at first in case I got banned before my 300th post.

I had list of all Steam threads but I have no idea in which thread it is in now :(

JaseC

I must have started posting early 2011 in SteamGAF, think I was paranoid in not posting anywhere else at first in case I got banned before my 300th post.

Haha, everybody who wants to stick around treads lightly at first.

it was the golden time when this thread was in the main gaming side

At this point, I've started to forgotten that Steam threads used to be on the gaming side.

EDIT: Also, all those hidden object games posted earlier in the month makes me want to get started on them. Gotta finish Dark Souls first.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Top 5 posters:
JaseC - 21,229
Turfster - 9,828
Grief.exe - 8,567
SalsaShark - 8,349
Stallion Free - 8,024

All numbers approximate.

4 of those didn't surprise me, don't know why I thought Jaw was in there and not Stallion Free.

I thought the same then I got banned here in SteamGaf just a few days after I got membership status, sometimes Gaf is weird.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Epigenesis -- MB-0CB41B6BDB331F3B - Taken by Spirited
Dream of Mirror Online DLC (Gift pack, steam) -- MB-CAF44A7A96974851

Soulflarz

Banned
Haha, everybody who wants to stick around treads lightly at first.

I just posted constantly but neutral disagreeing

meaning if you posted "E.T. is truly a great game, I think you're all crazy for hating on it" or something baiting people,
"u-uhm, I know games are like subjective and stuff, but er, I don't think the majority of people would agree with you, are you just trying to bait them? If not, sorry >.<"

Though that's how I talk. Stops people from being pissed off at me generally while still saying what I want to say :3

Corpekata

Banned
How is Early Access fairing? I remember that demo when it was first announced and it had some very interesting ideas.

It's good. I haven't done a ton of play time, wanting largely to wait for 1.0 but at this point the game is content complete and is just being bug fixed. I don't have much experience with the old Syndicate games, so my main source of comparison I would say is the Dawn of War 2 campaign where it's an RTS but it's just a few hero characters. Lots of options for stealth and combat approaches. Will be playing more on release for sure.

It is a Unity game though and so can be a bit harder on computers than you'd think. That's why I looked into the DX12 thing, as the game is CPU bound and DX12 is supposed to be the fix, and it seemed to have helped somewhat (though can't say for sure as the game doesn't like Rivatuner).

Some decent games for you guys. Enjoy~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

It came from space, and ate our brains -- MB-D72F88D5CE6EFAEB - Taken by maty. 5 entrants total.
The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-D78176DFD6862023 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 23 entrants total.
Run or Die -- MB-6E84E6C9F22E738C - Taken by GaussTek. 18 entrants total.
Boid -- MB-448095643D2180C7 - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.

t1439185767z1.png

JaseC

If anybody here happens to be in the beta and also own an X1, you can download the Win10 version now if you play the game on the X1 and navigate to its WinStore page from the "Recently played" section of the Xbox app, presumably due to an oversight in the cross-buy system (the game doesn't appear on the WinStore if you browse/search for it).

I had a stroke of luck and got into the beta with the first round of invites, but have yet to play the game on the count of not owning an X1. A strictly MP Fable doesn't really interest me, though.

I got over 100 hours into Blands 1 and 2. I'd buy it and play it.

Fight me.
I have airport wifi and time. (Been stuck in here for 7 hours and will be for another 13)

Don't they play like the same? I feel like I've played everything borderlands after finishing 2, and won't be playing anything borderlands ever again(Telltale is another thing).

Anteater

I've played a bit of the original Metro 2033 (non-redux) version a bit earlier this year, for comparison here's a Steam screenshot of the first screen:

346A6FED3E41479D8A7FAEBF933D31C40CD697DA

And a few I have from a bit later in the game:

I have heard the difference between Metro 2033 original and redux comes in taste, some gameplay and graphical difference, though I chose to play the original because I personally liked the lighting better, though I noticed in comparison videos and screens some areas look better in the original, some look better in the redux to me.

I'm not sure the graphical differences, did the original have more graphic options? There seems to only be high/very high presets in graphic settings in redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom