• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRumy3

Talking about win 10. I'm about to change the cpu on my pc and I'm thinking about doing a fresh install with win 10. Should I do it or not? Any good experiences with this new OS? or bad ones?

No issues with my pc been using 10 for about a month now.

Talking about win 10. I'm about to change the cpu on my pc and I'm thinking about doing a fresh install with win 10. Should I do it or not? Any good experiences with this new OS? or bad ones?
It's great. Some games are having compatibility issues, but that's to be expected, most of the stuff runs fine.

Jawmuncher

If anybody here happens to be in the beta and also own an X1, you can download the Win10 version now if you play the game on the X1 and navigate to its WinStore page from the "Recently played" section of the Xbox app, presumably due to an oversight in the cross-buy system (the game doesn't appear on the WinStore if you browse/search for it).

I had a stroke of luck and got into the beta with the first round of invites, but have yet to play the game on the count of not owning an X1. A strictly MP Fable doesn't really interest me, though.

wonder if this will work the ither way around

Steam-GAF is the largest community on GAF's Gaming Side, ~750,000 posts in the last decade. Halo is #2 (610k). Destiny #3 (440k). Dota #4 (272k, includes Dota 1 and Dota 2 so a little weird), Super Best Friends #5 (239k)

Top 5 posters:
JaseC - 21,229
Turfster - 9,828
Grief.exe - 8,567
SalsaShark - 8,349
Stallion Free - 8,024

All numbers approximate.

Do you have the data for all the posters? Would be interesting to see.

As interesting as The Phantom Pain's Mother Base component is (I just finished watching the Gamescom demo), I hope FOBs aren't factored into the game's completion tracker. I'd rather not put up with defending my base from the occasional invading player. Part the reason I soured on Watch Dogs is that a bunch of multiplayer crap is factored into its completion tracker, which had me worried about Animus Adventures Unity.

I agree. It seems like a really cool component that I want nothing to do with.

If you graph them over time, I'd imagine you will see the majority of the top five drop off a cliff in the last year or so.

Also agree. We lost some good people.

So far this month they aren't even in the top 10 except for Salsa. Wonder how the threads were like back then.

They were good.

I have airport wifi and time. (Been stuck in here for 7 hours and will be for another 13)

Don't they play like the same? I feel like I've played everything borderlands after finishing 2, and won't be playing anything borderlands ever again(Telltale is another thing).

1 and 2? They play the same in the same way the Call of Duty's play the same I guess. Tweaked mechanics and few things added.

2 destroys 1 though.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

I've had no problems at all with win10, though I've heard about some people having problems with a few games running.

If anybody here happens to be in the beta and also own an X1, you can download the Win10 version now if you play the game on the X1 and navigate to its WinStore page from the "Recently played" section of the Xbox app, presumably due to an oversight in the cross-buy system (the game doesn't appear on the WinStore if you browse/search for it).

I had a stroke of luck and got into the beta with the first round of invites, but have yet to play the game on the count of not owning an X1. A strictly MP Fable doesn't really interest me, though.

Are the PC versions servers up?

Sober

Wow, the Force Unleashed 1 came out in 2009? It definitely shows it age, and that was only just over 5 years ago.

Running at 30fps is the least of its problems.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Steam-GAF is the largest community on GAF's Gaming Side, ~750,000 posts in the last decade. Halo is #2 (610k). Destiny #3 (440k). Dota #4 (272k, includes Dota 1 and Dota 2 so a little weird), Super Best Friends #5 (239k)

Top 5 posters:
JaseC - 21,229
Turfster - 9,828
Grief.exe - 8,567
SalsaShark - 8,349
Stallion Free - 8,024

All numbers approximate.

tumblr_inline_n06bz75qJM1rzb296.gif

Momentary

Banned

I thought the game can be enjoyed as a single player experience as well.

I would install Windows 10 but I am also not exactly in a rush.

Me too.
But it's getting more tempting the longer I wait.

There are relatively easy workarounds on the last few pages here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1081643&page=9

It's working just fine if you use the batch scripting to manipulate the processes so that the DS4 can be grabbed by DS4Windows in exclusive mode.

Oh, that's great then.
I was just confirming it though, I don't use a DS4 (yet). Still rocking my wired 360 haha.

Dsyndrome

How about the DS4 issue?
I heard it's now working on Win10 yet.

You can use a batch file at startup or secure explorer.exe while you start the DS4. Not something to necessarily hold off using W10 for, IMO. Check out this thread from gaming:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1081643

Only issue I have left is Sound Blaster Cinema 2 doesn't like my Realtek HD Audio drivers and says nothing's installed. I'm getting around that temporarily using Nahimic. Probably something better out there, but it's fine for me.

Corpekata

Banned
Only issue on 10 I've had is that Trails in the Sky FC doesn't work in Fullscreen anymore, you have to do windowed (which has some weird performance hitches in my experience). Thankfully Windowed at your desktop resolution is basically Borderless Windowed. I wonder if that will affect SC's launch since they'd probably want to fix that for release.

Turfster

FML. UE ate my project alive, and none of the things I've tried to bring it back has worked so far.

Also, IndieGameStand has Alum for 1$, BTA for the OST

Sober

What is it with Borderlands 2 weird difficulty spikes? Having some enemies at my level basically blow through 3k of my shields in one hit and then when I'm down the second wind timer just lasts like nothing. Just constantly dying to snipers that hit through both my shield which is 3k and then do about another 1/3 of my life in a hit. Or the robot enemies doing about the same thing.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

It came from space, and ate our brains -- MB-D72F88D5CE6EFAEB - Taken by maty. 5 entrants total.
The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-D78176DFD6862023 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 23 entrants total.
Run or Die -- MB-6E84E6C9F22E738C - Taken by GaussTek. 18 entrants total.
Boid -- MB-448095643D2180C7 - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.

t1439185767z1.png

Dsyndrome

Just got into the Bloody Baron quest in Witcher 3, and Ciri
is like Neo, acting like space isn't even a thing. Hopefully she bends a spoon later as well. Girl is ridiculous.

What is it with Borderlands 2 weird difficulty spikes? Having some enemies at my level basically blow through 3k of my shields in one hit and then when I'm down the second wind timer just lasts like nothing. Just constantly dying to snipers that hit through both my shield which is 3k and then do about another 1/3 of my life in a hit. Or the robot enemies doing about the same thing.

Just wait till you get to the Witch Doctors in the Hammerlock DLC!

drakaenae

Spare keys
ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Paper Monsters Recut -- MB-9FA7E718B2A8A23B - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-B5890DC2C0EED66B - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
East Tower Akio -- MB-A6CC8777F22C5314 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-75CB65522149E520 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-BCA404E423CB3630 - Taken by aw350
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-7FB508EB25807C01 - Taken by Lolcomin. 1 entrants total.
CT Special Forces Fire for Effect -- MB-9C2D2286D9809FE0 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-D051D85C98AB05FD - Taken by Mixed2k. 3 entrants total.
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ Deluxe -- MB-77E6C4F56834FEE3 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
War of the Human Tanks -- MB-097BACC3DB03E303 - Taken by Leafhopper. 4 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice -- MB-2875B7DBC15FC8E0 - Taken by Miff. 3 entrants total.

t1439186307z1.png

Miff

Just got around to Cities Skylines.

Oh god its a time sink. At 10pm I said to myself "just another hour", next time I checked the time it was getting on 1:30am. I can't remember sleeping last night.

Edit: thanks for the giveaway, drakaenae!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Just got around to Cities Skylines.

Oh god its a time sink. At 10pm I said to myself "just another hour", next time I checked the time it was 1:30am. I can't remember sleeping last night.

It really is, though all my 8,2 hours played of it is in one day (after that I kinda forgot about it)

Dsyndrome

Also, apparently removing HDMI cables while running Steam/GOG games is a no-no in Windows 10. While it worked it 8.1, 10 freezes them; not hard or anything, can still X out, but you're not running the program again.

Even freakin' Clicker Heroes.

I've read gamesradar's MGS story recap, the whole thing sounds crazy stupid. And MGSV is supposed to set in 1984? I know MGS has its weird science fantasy thing, but nothing I've seen in trailers and demos (besides the cassette tapes) looks like 1984.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Dammit guys, 50+ pages already?

I'm never catching up D:

You would probably be able to see the point where Salsa bought his 3DS. :p
I was going to make that joke
I'm also *still* not on his 3DS friendlist :mad:

Wok

Top 5 posters:
JaseC - 21,229
Turfster - 9,828
Grief.exe - 8,567
SalsaShark - 8,349
Stallion Free - 8,024

All numbers approximate.

I came to register on GAF because of Stallion Free's Steam leaks, because I wanted to know who the avatar used by JaseC was, and because I wanted to know whether SalsaShark was a girl.

Deques

I came to register on GAF because of Stallion Free's Steam leaks, because I wanted to know who the avater used by JaseC was, and because I wanted to know whether SalsaShark was a girl.
Did you find out everything that you wanted to know?

Wok

At that time, we did not have websites to access the Steam registry, so Stallion Free and Nabs were the first ones to leak future releases on Steam.

Then all other forums and some websites would just cite their posts and make a news article about it. This is how I came to learn about NeoGAF.

wolfhowwl

Banned

Wow, Destiny only came out around a year ago too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom