• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

update: origin runs into an issue with a date check

according to steam forums, if this happens, I should get the patches from pcgaming wiki and try to install them

cool, did that, followed the directions to the letter.

game... won't boot at all.

tried removing xbox live using the phony dlls again. nope, just crashes the game.

wtf.

Bulletstorm won't run across two platforms.

wtf wtf wtf

Try these files
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asjx2gVifa0ag1nijI8kYYHX3bCB

Wow, I just got a free game Sine Mora EX for owning the old version. Also has cards. Thanks THQ.

Also found out that new Batman Telltale was out. Seems too soon for a sequel, but looks promising.

Wok

Cat Quest is charming. This game is developped by 3 people (2 men and 1 woman) from Singapore: https://youtu.be/IMwo3pG79Fk

fvcRmjD.jpg
9gAS23q.jpg
yYqEfZe.jpg

yuraya

Kinda weird how back in February Gabe said they are working on 3 new VR games but the first thing they announce since is a card game. Maybe he meant they are working on 3 new games one of which is VR related? So a card game, a VR game and something else. Maybe all 3 are playable with VR. Either way I think Valve will be announcing more stuff in the future. It would be great if they actually show up to E3 next year to show off what they've been working on.

As someone who has played a ton of Hearthstone I am very excited for a Valve card game. Steam needs a big game like that. I know people are upset its not Half-Life but I think this could be huge for Valve.

dex3108

Hellblade had more concurrent players in last 24 hours and it has more owners than LawBreakers. Both games released at same time and at same price and were in development for around same time. And Hellblade OT on GAF has more than double posts than LawBreakers OT. Really interesting situation.

yuraya

Hellblade had more concurrent players in last 24 hours and it has more owners than LawBreakers. Both games released at same time and at same price and were in development for around same time. And Hellblade OT on GAF has more than double posts than LawBreakers OT. Really interesting situation.

Lawbreakers just had terrible marketing. Almost seemed like the devs didn't know what to do with the game. They first announced it as an F2P PC only game. Then they changed it to a 30$ PC and PS4 game a few months before release. They basically missed the boat on marketing it for consoles for nearly a year. And they aren't even releasing it on all the consoles. Also doesn't help when so many people think your game is an Overwatch wannabe with generic character design.

dex3108

Lawbreakers just had terrible marketing. Almost seemed like the devs didn't know what to do with the game. They first announced it as an F2P PC only game. Then they changed it to a 30$ PC and PS4 game a few months before release. They basically missed the boat on marketing it for consoles for nearly a year. And they aren't even releasing it on all the consoles. Also doesn't help when so many people think your game is an Overwatch wannabe with generic character design.

Not that Hellblade had big marketing. Their marketing was more-less series of behind the scenes videos over the years.

Oh yeah. I just remembered it was announced as F2P. Why did they change that?

Jadax

I hadn't heard of Hellblade till like a month ago when I wishlisted it. I remember Lawbreakers getting quite a lot of hype here and on some other forums - but I played it beta (the first one which was a while ago) and it was the most boring thing ever.

I don't think marketing has anything to do with how it's performing - it's just a boring game imo, even though ratings are high.

released now , lets hope it does well enough to warant full localization

Wow, this is way cheaper than I expected! I'll buy it right now and give it a try.

I think the big issue people have is the timing. There's nothing wrong with Valve doing a CCG but this is the first new game Valve's announced in years and it wasn't exactly what people were expecting. If Valve had announced one of the other games they're working on first and this than I don't think the reaction would be so negative.

I won't say you're wrong (you're not), but what I wonder is: will this negative reaction affect the game in any way? I mean, people interested in card games will surely try it, whether they're angry or not with Valve for not releasing Half-life 3, and people who hate card games probably won't care for it anyway.

kurahador

The market is saturated enough with multiplayer only shooter and MOBA, not surprised any new addition to these niche bomb hard.

xist

I don't feel like I'm smart enough (or perhaps enjoy puzzles enough) to enjoy Fez properly. I knew nothing about the game going in apart from the rotation mechanic and was expecting a quirky platformer. I ended up getting more puzzle solving than I expected and I keep getting lost across the map looking for things I've missed. :(

yuraya

Not that Hellblade had big marketing. Their marketing was more-less series of behind the scenes videos over the years.

Hellblade made it to Sony's stage at E3 several times iirc. Or maybe it was PSX. That is as good of a marketing any dev could have in todays industry. There is almost always hype trains for games that Sony market. Sometimes very big hype trains like No Man's Sky for example.

Lawbreakers marketing campaign consisted of CliffyB getting on stage at PC gamers show to make fun of anime and talk about how his game isn't like Overwatch. Oh and he dissed full price multiplayer only games. It was all just very awkward.

header.jpg

Comments from the developer

Lost Technology is an appropriation of a game program called Vahrenturga.
Vahrenturga was the winner of the 2009 game contest held by the major Japanese free game posting site Freem!, and boasts over 200,000 downloads.
I became obsessed with this game and spent an immeasurable amount of time playing it before subsequently becoming obsessed with creating mods, and then finally using the game system to create my own original title.
That title is Lost Technology.

More at the link:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/420520/announcements/detail/1450576044657900857

A post about the factions:

http://blog.playism-games.com/lost-technology-introducing-the-factions/

Tizoc

I don't feel like I'm smart enough (or perhaps enjoy puzzles enough) to enjoy Fez properly. I knew nothing about the game going in apart from the rotation mechanic and was expecting a quirky platformer. I ended up getting more puzzle solving than I expected and I keep getting lost across the map looking for things I've missed. :(

Use walkthroughs or guides.
nothing wrong with using from time to time if you are stuck in a game.

patapuf

The market is saturated enough with multiplayer only shooter and MOBA, not surprised any new addition to these niche bomb hard.

You can still make it into the market. But you need a good pitch.

Overwatch and PUBG show that established and new devs can still make a dent if they play their cards right.

xist

Use walkthroughs or guides.
nothing wrong with using from time to time if you are stuck in a game.

Way ahead of you! Doesn't help my self esteem though....

I think I'm going to give Alpha Protocol a try next to tone down my brain ache.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Kinda weird how back in February Gabe said they are working on 3 new VR games but the first thing they announce since is a card game. Maybe he meant they are working on 3 new games one of which is VR related?

No, he definitely said 3 VR games, all of which are quite different. So this is either one of them, or it's just made by a small team and not one of the three games. Either way I would be surprised if you couldn't play it in VR, since Dota already has a VR spectator mode.

Personally I would be a bit sad if 1/3 VR games was just a Dota card game, but what are ya gonna do.

No, he definitely said 3 VR games, all of which are quite different. So this is either one of them, or it's just made by a small team and not one of the three games. Either way I would be surprised if you couldn't play it in VR, since Dota already has a VR spectator mode.

Personally I would be a bit sad if 1/3 VR games was just a Dota card game, but what are ya gonna do.

You have to admire Valve's commitment to VR, seeing as less than one-half of one percent of Steam users have VR (at least according to the steam survey,) and only about one in eight have systems that are even capable of supporting it. It's pretty forward thinking.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
You have to admire Valve's commitment to VR, seeing as less than one-half of one percent of Steam users have VR (at least according to the steam survey,) and only about one in eight have systems that are even capable of supporting it. It's pretty forward thinking.

It is. It's also, like the lack of a HL3 or other Valve-made AAA game, clearly a huge sore spot for a lot of gamers.

When they announce HLVR there is going to be such a shitstorm.

Mivey

Capcom Japan management doesn't like the AA series very much and is rather embarrassed that its as popular as it is.
I think Capcom Japan just doesn't believe that PC players exist. I would be like explaining to someone that you have seen a unicorn, a mermaid or a screenshot of Half Life 3. It just beggars belief.

Jawmuncher

Capcom USA has probably asked for AA and others on PC. Going by their relations with capcom Japan they probably told Capcom US to fuck off and stop bothering us.

Dragons Dogma was a case of extreme begging and "hey we could port it to consoles later"

Wok

I don't know who this guy is, but he seems enthusiastic about writing lore for dota.

HHrUV4v.png

How many games has he worked on and have never been released in the end? lol

Random Human

I don't know who this guy is, but he seems enthusiastic about writing lore for dota.

HHrUV4v.png

How many games has he worked on and have never been released in the end? lol
I hope he doesn't read neogaf or reddit.

Kinda weird how back in February Gabe said they are working on 3 new VR games but the first thing they announce since is a card game. Maybe he meant they are working on 3 new games one of which is VR related? So a card game, a VR game and something else. Maybe all 3 are playable with VR. Either way I think Valve will be announcing more stuff in the future. It would be great if they actually show up to E3 next year to show off what they've been working on.

As someone who has played a ton of Hearthstone I am very excited for a Valve card game. Steam needs a big game like that. I know people are upset its not Half-Life but I think this could be huge for Valve.

THREE new games you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom