• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to know if a game got into the store via Steam Direct? Because I'd love to know if this dumpster fire is one of it's first success stories.

As a rule of thumb, look up the game on SteamDB and see if the store/key package was "published in the database" on or after June 13th (the date Direct replaced Greenlight). In this case, app 676740 was reserved just three weeks ago.

fallout

Is there a way to know if a game got into the store via Steam Direct? Because I'd love to know if this dumpster fire is one of it's first success stories.
At least the tags are accurate:

6KhDKh4.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Let's not act like Steam Direct was meant to judge quality in any way.

Steam Direct like Greenlight will bring in a lot of good and bad.

But Direct itself was never the solution, Valve's workings are basically to help good games rise through discovery programs, make more bad games get flooded out, and respond quicker to devs who demonstrate shitty behavoir.

Direct will have both benefits and disadvantages, but the full picture is more important in how it comes into play once all systems are implemented rather than the classical, "How did this silly shit game get onto Steam?," sort of talk. I think the idea is as long as the game meets the bare minimum requirement, IE it launches, doesn't give you viruses, has what is advertised, decent store page to show what the game is and not lack detail, etc., then it can be released. But how it fairs depends on several factors, and cracking down on developers who are shitty people taking it out on others or games that are scams. I don't think Valve is trying to 'solve' bad games coming to the market, though may drown them out of their algorithms.

Looks like I spent a little over 4 hours with it. If you're planning on playing Revolution then I guess it's worth it to get to know any characters and story links that might crop up in the sequel.
I'm guessing each mission is about 30 minutes long-ish. I just got done with the first mission earlier today. I'll play a little bit more tonight.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're thinking way too small zky; 8 TB still isn't enough.
lol that's maybe it

There isn't a tb amount that I would consider too much.
yeah i guess ur right

From the last thread (remember July? seems like it was only yesterday
today
):

Maybe GOKEN?
definitely not since i haven't played goken but i really appreciate the suggestion cos it hasn't escaped my mind and i can't fucking remember ;_;

Tellaerin

But there was a recent scientific article or study or whatever they're called stating/refuting the feather thing with T-Rexes and that they most definitely had scaley skin.

They weren't mega chickens. I'm sure some dinosaurs probably had feathers buuuut... They look so stupid.

Yeah, I'm not really down with the velocichicken or fuzzasaurus rex.

And while we're at it, they need to bring Pluto back as a planet, dammit.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did one of you played with me in Dead By Daylight? Someone was like "Yo Vazra" and I didnt get to catch the name cause we went straight into the match. The Nurse player kinda sucked and I did the final save from the hook.

And while we're at it, they need to bring Pluto back as a planet, dammit.

Well, the problem was if they continued to classify Pluto as a planet, the solar system would end up with dozens of planets, and possibly thousands. They kept finding more and more Kuiper belt objects with similar properties to Pluto. They had to let them all in, or none of them.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Let them in all.

Force those children to learn each and every name. Like Eris and Makemake and 2007 OR10

Didn't realize that two fantasy open world survival games launched almost at the same time.

Yeah, I posted them last week.

From the impressions, it seems that Citadel is more polished but more janky and has less content/things to do. While Dark and Light is more fleshed-out, but still buggy and unoptimized. In the long run, I'm more leaning towards DaL.

kagamin

Playing Trails in the Sky SC again since I finally feel the motivation to play, going through Zeiss atm since that's where I last left off, right after I finished the training sidequest I think.

Whoa, had no idea The Coma was getting a new version. Looks like I get it for free by owning the original, wonder what's new.

Also, I backed Fear Effect cause I want more from the series but damn that demo was not fun.

Finished Prey 2017 and holy shit, that ending

tumblr_o71dqlSFqx1ujmvy2o1_400.gif

Game remembers everything i did, even
if i used mindjack skill for freeing mind-controlled humans
. Also, game got me few time when i thought "well, this is the end" and then suddenly shit hits the fan. Yeah, game is not perfect, several times in story-heavy moments characters started to talk at the same time and it was impossible to understand what are they saying, and also backtracking in last hours of the game was kinda pointless. But it still was very close to perfect game for me, it's like System Shock 2 but with more social element and huge open locations. And to be fair, SS2 last hours went downhill too after moving to Rickenbacker, but it still one of my all-time favorite games. Prey 2017 is even better than SS2, so i guess it's my GOTY so far.

prudislav

is regular tits over?
Tits (o)(o) are never over .... but if you mean Liberl Arc it is.
Crosbell Arc (Ao + Zero)still needs english translation.
Erebonia Arc (Cold Steel) i bet will go full steam ahead now with 1st releasing and 2nd planned for 2017 ... wouldnt be surprised if 3rd one happens Day 1 of western release

zkylon

zkylewd
my friend that has never bought a videogame in his life and only plays pro evo and just spent 3 months in vietnam came back with a copy of saints row 3 and saints row 4

i'm not sure how to interpret that

why those

Tits (o)(o) are never over .... but if you mean Liberl Arc it is.
Crosbell Arc (Ao + Zero)still needs english translation.
Erebonia Arc (Cold Steel) i bet will go full steam ahead now with 1st releasing and 2nd planned for 2017 ... wouldnt be surprised if 3rd one happens Day 1 of western release
that's neat

would be nice if they did like a 2+3 package thing

TheTrain

I don't understand the rush on the side of micro transaction for Battlegrounds. The game is selling like hotcakes, why this huge push towards the crate with 3-4 new crates available each update?
I mean, I understand that the reason is money...but damn, the revenue on the copies sold is already huge. They are taking so much risk because of the backlash that is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom