• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Just a heads-up:

The kickstarter for a PC port of Arcana Heart Six Stars is on it's last day.:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game

DGJNgwoVYAAykzx.jpg
They just reached the goal for the shark girl:

next goal is Dark heart but they'd probably need more outside funding to reach that:

Hate when people post PSBlog news/links about multi-plats and ignore the other platforms. Didn't know what Runic was up to. Hob is coming September 26, and looks really good:
https://youtu.be/GuzDwofL4yY

From Runic's site:

To be fair any console press release stuff tends to de-emphasize other versions to make people think there's more exclusives than there really are.

Vlad

Man, I don't know if it's because I came to it after playing through The Witness, but is Burnout Paradise really kind of ugly? Everything just looks so gray and drab. It almost feels like the developers were aware of this, since they marked the shortcuts and jumps with really bright colors, otherwise you'd never see them.

bbd23

new humble today or nah?

I assume nothing since monthly unlocks this week...maybe we get some lame software stuff

Wok

new humble today or nah?

I assume nothing since monthly unlocks this week...maybe we get some lame software stuff

These days, the Humble Software bundles are the best Humble bundles.

For games, Indie Gala is doing good work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Long Dark is defaulting to my language with no language option in sigh... not a good start >_>

edit: found the option, under graphics (lol?), crisis averted!

Ludens

Banned
the "season 1" tag worries me. The game is already expensive as it is. If future "seasons" are just free updates thats fine, if its DLC... thats not so fine.

edit: it seems you dont even get the whole thing from the start

WINTERMUTE
The episodic story-mode for The Long Dark, WINTERMUTE launches with two of the five episodes that form its Season One.

In Episode One: “Do Not Go Gentle”, bush pilot Will Mackenzie (player character) and Dr. Astrid Greenwood are separated after their plane crashes deep in the Northern Canadian wilderness in the aftermath of a mysterious flash of light in the sky. Struggling to survive as he desperately searches for Astrid, Mackenzie comes across the small town of Milton, where he begins to understand the scope of this quiet apocalypse.

In Episode Two: “Luminance Fugue”, Mackenzie’s search for Astrid takes him deeper into the savage Winter wilderness. A mysterious trapper may be the key to finding Astrid, but can he be trusted?

The first two episodes of WINTERMUTE represent approximately 15 hours of gameplay. Episodes Three to Five are included in the price of the game, and will be unlocked for free as they are released.

Features performances by Jennifer Hale, Mark Meer, David Hayter, and Elias Toufexis (Episode Three), and the music of Cris Velasco.

opinions, how do they work?

or if you prefer, "value is relative to how much or how little money you have"

I own the game but I don't like survival games, is the story mode worth a play? Is it easy enough to complete?

STEAM title is back to normal. All is well in the universe.

Now all this day is missing is the Humble You Already Got These Games From The Monthly Bundle.

shockdude

Man, I don't know if it's because I came to it after playing through The Witness, but is Burnout Paradise really kind of ugly? Everything just looks so gray and drab. It almost feels like the developers were aware of this, since they marked the shortcuts and jumps with really bright colors, otherwise you'd never see them.
Yeah Burnout Paradise is really gray. But at least it wasn't brown.
The funny thing about the shortcuts and jumps was that in the console launch version they were just as drab as the rest of the game. The bright colors were added in a patch.

Vlad

new humble today or nah?

Hm, do their Tuesday bundles usually not come around on Monthly weeks? I figured that since the Monthly was a subscription anyway, there wouldn't be much conflict or thunder-stealing there.

I can't remember the last time I was really impressed by a bundle by anyone other than Humble.

Same here. I used to find something good on IndieGala every so often, but it's been a while. BundleStars still has some decent stuff from time to time.

But yeah, for the most part, Humble still seems to be king.

Yeah Burnout Paradise is really gray. But at least it wasn't brown.
The funny thing about the shortcuts and jumps was that in the console launch version they were just as drab as the rest of the game. The bright colors were added in a patch.

Ouch, I can't even imagine playing that. I played Paradise for a couple hours yesterday, and it really wasn't doing anything for me. I loved Burnout 2, and enjoyed the little bit I played of Takedown, and Paradise just seems kind of flat in comparison. There doesn't seem to be that same sense of speed, and even the handling of the cars just feels weird.

Amzin

I played Paradise like 3 years ago, and I like it for what it is, but it doesn't feel the same as the non-open-world Burnouts for sure.

I played Paradise like 3 years ago, and I like it for what it is, but it doesn't feel the same as the non-open-world Burnouts for sure.
Burnout Paradise was the first Burnout game I ever played, I think it's becoming my favourite type of car game of all-time. I sunk so many hours into that game, and I loved the MP ideas that they used.

I liked Burnout Paradise for what it was. It may not have been the successor to my favorite Burnout, Burnout 3, however it was still a lot of fun and it was pretty cool driving around the city and whatnot. I will say I hated the Crash Mode in that one.

My kingdom for any kind of arcade racer akin to Burnout or Outrun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
STEAM title is back to normal. All is well in the universe.

Now all this day is missing is the Humble You Already Got These Games From The Monthly Bundle.

Thanks for the capitalized STEAM.

Kept missing the thread when it was lowercase.

I got your back guys

Also - I'm excited for the third episode of Guardians of the Galaxy. The first episode was pretty rubbish but the second one surprised me. Hopefully

uU392Px.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Long Dark's story mode feels like a proper single player game for those worried. Really enjoying it, it doesnt explain its systems very well, but once you get the hang of it its fine. Played about an hour and then died to sneaky wolf.

It has saves and checkpoints tho so its fine.

Rhaknar

Slime Rancher is also out of Early Access, with a beefy 33% discount

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
what kind of game is it? I have no idea from the trailer.

It's a first-person Harvest Moon-like where instead of raising vegetables and farm animals you raise Slimes and their various power-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom