• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Deep Space Waifu looks like a very good videogame

http://store.steampowered.com/app/639790/DEEP_SPACE_WAIFU/

NSFW

OsQNxeM.png

Anyone play Castle in the Darkness? This game is so damn delightful...really scratches that retro itch. I'm starting to hit a wall in Windy Ruins area, and I'm just realizing there were weapons/armor I probably missed out on earlier in the game :\. Even still, the game is fair enough that I always feel like I can get through the next challenge after a few tries.

dex3108

After few days of using it Logitech G502 is really nice mouse. It is a bit narrower than my previous one CM Sentinel Advanced but i am slowly getting used to it. Materials are nice, it is really responsive mouse and finishing materials feel nice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Night Trap tomorow :eek:

Do we have a price? I ant pay more than $5 for what is basically a nostalgia trip that is probably trash when you remove the rose tinted glasses

Do we have a price? I ant pay more than $5 for what is basically a nostalgia trip that is probably trash when you remove the rose tinted glasses

No price but the limited run physical copy for PS4/PC was $30 so I'm gonna guess it will be $15-20 digitally.

There's no probably about it. I've seen people play it, and it's difficult even with a walkthrough. There are certain cutscenes that you have to watch, but most of the time you're rapidly flipping around channels. And that's the whole game.

Madventure

Is Deep Space Waifu actually worth my time? Or do the overwhelmingly positive reviews consist of only jokes?

UXwScrl.gif

Most of the play times are 1.5 to 3.5 hours and then make a joke about anime tiddies

So I'd say... Yeah sure buy it

Except for the one guy who wanted 69 hours for 69 achievements

kionedrik

I absolutely love Hollow Knight but the Trial of the Fools is really trying my patience. I may have tried the damn thing about a dozen times by now and always fail in the same challenge (parallel walls against 4 or 5 waves of flyers). I'm getting the impression this might be impossible without finding the last ore to upgrade my nail.

Also these things can go to hell!
By far my most hated enemy in the game.

Anyone play Castle in the Darkness? This game is so damn delightful...really scratches that retro itch. I'm starting to hit a wall in Windy Ruins area, and I'm just realizing there were weapons/armor I probably missed out on earlier in the game :\. Even still, the game is fair enough that I always feel like I can get through the next challenge after a few tries.

I played it! Some parts are brutal but I liked the game so much that I got all the achievements.

Tonton

I try to not spam this thread with all the good songs in Cold Steel!
Also the scenes where that song plays are so cool that they make me forget posting something about them because I'm so engrossed, lol.
lol yeah Cold Steel's soundtrack is great
Surprised how far you are already I hope you've been collecting and reading Red Moon Rose :p

dot

Yeah, it's pretty good.

if i remember correctly you can always go back and get those missed items

zkylon

zkylewd
It also has a shitty sewers segment just like Souls games.

i kind of want to stop the dark souls comparisons at my comment cos this state of comparing everything to dark souls is too depressing lol

The NPCs do have Demon's/Dark Souls-like arcs, but but most can be shaped by the player.

I'm glad you were able to appreciate the game despite the phobias, and while I'd recommend trying to push on through, there's absolutely an area that would be hard to get through (
deepnest
). If you could get someone to play through that part for you, it'd be worth the trouble just to see the game through, but yeah.

yeah i've seen it

i'll give it a shot, i think

Nzyme32

PS4 and XB1 port of Okami HD apparently in development.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/08/14/report-okami-hd-heading-for-xmas-release-on-ps4xbox-one

PC is inevitable right?

Hopefully. Really love that game. One of the only games I cared enough about to get the art book for - which is absolutely awesome by the way. Easy instabuy assuming Wbacon is paying attention :p

It's just one of those dime-a-dozen unpolished streamer survival janky PC games though.

It doesn't really have an impact or move gaming forward. Not like The Last of Us 2 or Uncharted 5.

82e7eOE.gif

Tonton

Looks like 4 Goddess online is October on PS4 but Early 2018 on PC, I thought we'd finally see a same day IF release, shame

Better skip the stray cats once or twice this week.
CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

OTkJPEv.jpg

Yeah... it's been so many years since I played that I just automatically bought it...
Excellent use of the Picard image!

They're giving the original game for free fyi. SO you can at least play the original ver. of the game.

Yep I saw that. I guess I could sign up for a different Blizzard account and play it. My main Blizzard account I haven't used in a few years and I don't have my old phone number, and am not sure if I have the authenticator anymore, either. Sigh.

Jawmuncher

Can we officially decree bomba status yet?

0GBjkCY.jpg

Less than six aristocrats playing for each year of development.
Like really. Was it ever going to be a big hit? Sure it had a 20 year dev. But the only reason I even heard of it was because of this thread. Seemed a case of only people who followed the games journey cared about it.

SC was one of the absolute defining games of my teenage years. I was 14 when it released and fell in love. So much time spent playing against the AI with my close friends (at the time). I practically never played competitive multiplayer, that wasn't my thing.

I did also enjoy the sequel, but haven't played either of the expansions.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You don't have to brag about it. 😟

Sega's nostalgia trip including a delay for the PC version has me thinking that I should give in to my nostalgia:

FxcKumb.jpg

and wait for it to be bundled for cheap.

illusionary

I absolutely love Hollow Knight but the Trial of the Fools is really trying my patience. I may have tried the damn thing about a dozen times by now and always fail in the same challenge (parallel walls against 4 or 5 waves of flyers). I'm getting the impression this might be impossible without finding the last ore to upgrade my nail.

Also these things can go to hell!

By far my most hated enemy in the game.

If you're not yet fully upgraded, leave the Trial of the Fools until later - it's hard enough even then! If it helps, that's definitely the hardest part of the trial; while there's still challenge to come once you get past the walled sequence, you're into the home straight.

The 0.3% of players with the "Steel Soul" achievement must be seriously good at the game.

Yep I saw that. I guess I could sign up for a different Blizzard account and play it. My main Blizzard account I haven't used in a few years and I don't have my old phone number, and am not sure if I have the authenticator anymore, either. Sigh.

And it turns out I actually saved my restore code and such on my old laptop. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS I'M IN

Anno

If you're not yet fully upgraded, leave the Trial of the Fools until later - it's hard enough even then! If it helps, that's definitely the hardest part of the trial; while there's still challenge to come once you get past the walled sequence, you're into the home straight.

The 0.3% of players with the "Steel Soul" achievement must be seriously good at the game.

That in combination with this mod.

Amzin

Like 2 weeks after the game came out, someone had a video of themselves beating every boss in the game using no upgrades or movement powers and not getting hit. I was mildly angry :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom