• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep Space Waifu looks like a very good videogame

http://store.steampowered.com/app/639790/DEEP_SPACE_WAIFU/

NSFW

OsQNxeM.png

I miss-clicked and now it won't go away

jggmkk52jke.png

Pixieking

Banned
Question relating to changing Steam Region.

How does it affect activating keys? I was considering pre-ordering Dishonored Death of the Outsider from PlayAsia, but it says it's a European key. I've already pre-ordered "Worldwide" keys for XCOM 2 expansion and Warhammer 2 from CDKeys. Given my region is now Malaysia, am I totally screwed? I assume looking at SteamDB will help me, but I don't know what exactly I should be looking at. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question relating to changing Steam Region.

How does it affect activating keys? I was considering pre-ordering Dishonored Death of the Outsider from PlayAsia, but it says it's a European key. I've already pre-ordered "Worldwide" keys for XCOM 2 expansion and Warhammer 2 from CDKeys. Given my region is now Malaysia, am I totally screwed?

Your store region has no bearing on region-lock measures. They're purely IP-based.

Madventure

Can we officially decree bomba status yet?

0GBjkCY.jpg

Less than six aristocrats playing for each year of development.

ehh... I'd agree normally but the thing is that it's a single player game and that doesn't account for the fact that people willingly gave 35-40$ dollars for that so regardless of how bad it is the guy still comes out ahead

illusionary

Or using Cheat Engine. :/
Well yes, that would work too. :p Of course, if it's just about the achievement, they may as well just use SAM.

That in combination with this mod.

Like 2 weeks after the game came out, someone had a video of themselves beating every boss in the game using no upgrades or movement powers and not getting hit. I was mildly angry :p
There's always *someone* who'd ridiculously good at games like this. That said. while I'd believe someone practicing enough to be able to beat any individual boss flawlessly, maintaining that through a complete playthrough would be quite another matter!

I'm going to need to find time to watch that 55-minute speedrun from SGDQ at some point soon, given that I've now just recently beaten the game.

ehh... I'd agree normally but the thing is that it's a single player game and that doesn't account for the fact that people willingly gave 35-40$ dollars for that so regardless of how bad it is the guy still comes out ahead

20 years tho... I don't think he's coming out ahead for a long time.

Madventure

20 years tho... I don't think he's coming out ahead for a long time.

Yeah but unless the dude was living in a dumpster or his moms basement then it clearly didn't matter too much if it took a while to come out so it was a side project in regards to "oh god I need to afford ramen noodles"

I mean for time invested? Yeah the guy is never ever getting his return back for that

Yeah but unless the dude was living in a dumpster or his moms basement then it clearly didn't matter too much if it took a while to come out so it was a side project in regards to "oh god I need to afford ramen noodles"

I mean for time invested? Yeah the guy is never ever getting his return back for that

While I agree he reportedly dropped over 200K on contracted assets.

I absolutely love Hollow Knight but the Trial of the Fools is really trying my patience. I may have tried the damn thing about a dozen times by now and always fail in the same challenge (parallel walls against 4 or 5 waves of flyers). I'm getting the impression this might be impossible without finding the last ore to upgrade my nail.

Also these things can go to hell!

By far my most hated enemy in the game.

Those are the worst in that challenge. Not the hardest, but the most annoying.

During the wall-jumping part, try to always get above enemies and downward slash at them, and try to bouce from one to the other. if you have to attack an enemies horizontally parallel to you while you're on a wall, just swing while sliding down the wall.

The quick charge-attack charm helps in that part since you can charge while jumping around and kill them just as they spawn.

The "get more soul when hit," the "move while healing" and "speed up healing" charms helped me a lot there.

Kagemusha

I bought a gog pinata to see how good the opening animation and I got Skyshine's BEDLAM Redux!

Fuck is that?
A sci-fi turn-based strategy game from an unknown developer. Game has mixed reviews.

GoG really has no idea what their site is. They have lost their way. They started out selling GOOD old games, but now they sell random indie game with mixed reviews for $3.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Update on the Destiny items:

Technically, he just said that the microtransactions shouldn't have been purchasable, which is obvious as the base app is still private. But he's inadvertently confirmed the app does indeed belong to Bungie, which, when coupled with its most recent update being mere days ago and the items being implemented earlier in the year, makes for one very interesting situation.

Destiny 1 PC makes little sense at this point. It has to be Destiny 2.

yuraya

Maybe Blizz got Destiny 2 for 6-12 months exclusive to Bnet and then it comes to steam?

I can see something like that happen since both Steam and Bnet have large mutliplayer communities. The game will thrive on both platforms and force plenty of double dippers on Steam later on as more content is added to game. Seems like the type of weird shit Activision would do.

Madventure

Maybe Blizz got Destiny 2 for 6-12 months exclusive to Bnet and then it comes to steam?

I can see something like that happen since both Steam and Bnet have large mutliplayer communities. The game will thrive on both platforms and force plenty of double dippers on Steam later on as more content is added to game. Seems like the type of weird shit Activision would do.

Like how microsoft does their windows store exclusive games that always end up on steam a couple of months later

yuraya

Like how microsoft does their windows store exclusive games that always end up on steam a couple of months later

Yep MS influencing others with their tactics lol D:

Only in this case Battle.net is so much larger than Win10 store can ever dream of being. So Activision is gonna run away with a ton of double dipping $ this way once Destiny 2 complete edition (or wtvr) comes out on Steam later.

I'll be okay just playing it on Activision-Blizzard® Battle.net™ since I have the thing loaded up all the time anyway. I'm PC digital delivery storefront agnostic baby.

I'll be okay just playing it on Activision-Blizzard® Battle.net™ since I have the thing loaded up all the time anyway. I'm PC digital delivery storefront agnostic baby.

It's not all about 'no Steam no buy' for me. It's just that it'll be cheaper and easier to buy if it's on Steam.

I'm getting the game either way. Though I might wait and get it later on Steam if it's confirmed.

I'll be busy with AC Origins in October anyway.

Grug

Humble leftovers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Just enjoy.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cook, Serve Delicious -- MB-2681BB559B504F96 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 1 entrants total.
INK Deluxe -- MB-9456773FB1A8F96E - Taken by abelasabel. 3 entrants total.
Uncanny Valley -- MB-706631AF81452686 - Taken by Orakio Rob. 1 entrants total.

t1502785739z1.png

Teeth

My only problem with it being on Battle.net is that...well...do Blizzard games ever go on sale? I want to try D2, but I'll only be playing it solo, so there's a ton of content I'll likely never get to play
and I'm poor

Deques

My only problem with it being on Battle.net is that...well...do Blizzard games ever go on sale? I want to try D2, but I'll only be playing it solo, so there's a ton of content I'll likely never get to play
and I'm poor

Battle.net has sales regulary

Madventure

Well that shows how much I know.

Like, if I wanted to buy Diablo 3 RoS for cheap, would I ever be able to get it for $10? Or is it, like, 25% off?

20 dollars(15? maybe) is the cheapest they go on Blizzards actual site, you might be able to find it cheaper at retail stores/other places

I know amazon usually does a match usually whenever it's on sale

Lain

and I'm poor

Battle.net does sales, though often the most is 50% off.

Broke down and grabbed Agents of Maybe like you people call it from cdkeys. 32,20€ (for the first time ever the 5% off code worked for me) is a more acceptable price for me. I wonder if I'll receive the preorder shit, but I guess I won't. Game is already registered in my Steam account though.

prudislav

I bought a gog pinata to see how good the opening animation and I got Skyshine's BEDLAM Redux!

Fuck is that?
quite enjoyed what i played from it ... its basically mini postapo TBS mixed with some rogulike elements(ovewworld works like FTL) built on Banner Saga engine

Game has two game TB modes , one is works pretty much the usual tactical strategy (1AP per squad mmber) and second Arcade one which has 2 AP for whole squad and blitzmeter.

Deques

Well that shows how much I know.

Like, if I wanted to buy Diablo 3 RoS for cheap, would I ever be able to get it for $10? Or is it, like, 25% off?

Lowest it has been on battle.net is 9.99 euro

20 dollars(15? maybe) is the cheapest they go on Blizzards actual site, you might be able to find it cheaper at retail stores/other places

I know amazon usually does a match usually whenever it's on sale

20 euro is what it cost right now

zkylon

zkylewd
VxW2CGa.png

hollow knight continues to be lovely

i wonder if other people also find the map system to be a pain, i feel like i'm constantly in the silent hill 2 situation of missing on picking up the map and then being lost in similar-looking corridors for hours. like in the mushroom land i saw the map guy behind a thing that looked impassable and i figured i probably have to circle around him and wandered in a different room and like an hour later i completed the dungeon without ever running into him. i feel like that's happened me too often for comfort

i really wish this game had a simple metroid style map cos i don't think lacking a map adds anything and i don't think the level design works super well without one. everything looks the same and the game lacks landmarks and hub rooms to make it easier to map in your head, and i'm guessing this is cos they're banking on you finding the map but again, why not just always give you the map in that case

other than that i find the new mechanics pretty fun to use, finally i get to walljump which is something i've been wanting to do for a while, and they set up some fun platforming sections around it that feel challenging but doable even by me

this game is pretty good

Nabs

The map guy isn't that hard to find most of the time. You'll know he's close if you hear him humming, or see papers scattered on the ground. If you miss him entirely, you can usually just head up to Dirtmouth and buy the missing map from his wife.

Tizoc

The map guy isn't that hard to find most of the time. You'll know he's close if you hear him humming, or see papers scattered on the ground. If you miss him entirely, you can usually just head up to Dirtmouth and buy the missing map from his wife.
I had to use a guide to find his location in at least 3 areas
In one area he is hidden behind a wall that you wouldnt know u can walk thru

zkylon

zkylewd
it's less so that he's hard to find, it's more that not finding him is really punishing and finding him is not really rewarding, you just get the full map and that's it

i don't get what that mechanic accomplishes, it's really binary and uninteractive

I really enjoyed the cartographer element of Hollow Knight because it put an interesting twist on the typical Metroidvania automapping. It required the player to explore instead of merely filling out a map, I would get lost, I value that kind of thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
i would agree if i thought these levels were easier to map in your head and if everything wasn't super interconnected like it is

i have a lot of trouble mapping it out because everything looks the same and you walk through a door and are now in another area and then go back and such, it's really confusing and i don't enjoy that

i like miasmata and i kind of appreciate silent hill's million locked doors and i've done no map playthroughs of new vegas and such, it's fun to get lost and explore that way, but i don't think it works great here

not finding that guy just feels like a lose condition to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom