• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, uh, I just spent two hours in the XCOM 2 Propaganda Poster demo thing. You can only make characters and posters but man... it's easy to create some favourites in there. There's a lot of range to the tools.

And the best part?
39BC201CA55A95A7DCEA393A83FBD7E1730EB1D7
I finally found a good combo of Anarchy's Children cosmetics. Totally using that dude (Anarchy Man) in War of the Chosen.
(Ignore the character on the right side, that's just the main menu loading up a random character from the pool.)

WotC's gonna be so good.

Knurek

Oh god, The Beginner's Guide on a high refresh rate monitor is a quick trip to barf city.

First time something this has happened to me with a Source engine game.

West of Loathing is such an amazing game. Yeah the combat is too easy (even on hardcore) but it's up there with Paradigm for funniest game of 2017. also best artstyle

zkylon

zkylewd
Do you like Metal Gear Solid VR Missions? That's basically what Volume is. It's alright.

i liked the detective ones

I really, really liked it, but, i mean, you have to be interested in what it is - a puzzle-stealth game. The story isn't the big focus here, and it isn't as good (although I still found it well written and interesting enough, doesn't hit the highs of Thomas was Alone).

But I enjoyed the vast majority of the levels and it's varied enough to last the entire campaign (100 levels, iirc? which i finished in like 9 hours with a ton of failures) without feeling repetitive. It goes pretty cheap on sales, I think it's worth a shot.

yeah that sounds kind of neat

I found it kind of bland, personally. I finished the entire thing, but don't remember much about it aside from waiting for the game to get interesting. I do remember just kind of going through the motions to complete the levels, and never really feeling super challenged.
hm i see

i did kind of get a feeling that the game was lacking a strong hook to interest me

once in a blue moon i'd click on that league of legends thread by mistake and it feels like i've walked into some alternate universe because i still see zkylon posting, but i have no idea what he's talking about and it's not the steam thread
i talk about the same thing i talk about everywhere, fanart

luc-pinkey-lux.jpg

i just do it in these two threads cos i like these two groups of ppl

rest of this forum can burn for all i care :>

Has anyone played Consortium? Just wondering if the emails are worth reading either from a story or details standpoint. There are a whole bunch of them, but I don't want to spend time going through if they don't add much.

JarrodL

Has anyone played Consortium? Just wondering if the emails are worth reading either from a story or details standpoint. There are a whole bunch of them, but I don't want to spend time going through if they don't add much.

It's just building up world lore and history basically. Totally skippable, the main story will highlight the essentials you need to know. You also don't have to read them in game as there should be a pdf file in game folder somewhere.

Erekiddo

Anyone here ever do an RMA on a graphics card? How do I pack this thing?

Getting black screen w/ audio + full fan spin crashes on my GTX1080FTW. Feels bad.

Anyone here ever do an RMA on a graphics card? How do I pack this thing?

Getting black screen w/ audio + full fan spin crashes on my GTX1080FTW. Feels bad.

I keep the box around just in case. Otherwise some sort of sealed cover and put in a padded box.

Of course they are probably going to bin it so maybe it doesn't matter.

Erekiddo

I keep the box around just in case. Otherwise some sort of sealed cover and put in a padded box.

Of course they are probably going to bin it so maybe it doesn't matter.

I have my original box, but if you ship it in the box, you don't get it back. Just a replacement card.

Also if it's damaged in shipping, you're held responsible. I want to ensure I pack it right. I hope I have an antistatic bag somewhere... or some bubble wrap at the very least.

Grug

I have my original box, but if you ship it in the box, you don't get it back. Just a replacement card.

Also if it's damaged in shipping, you're held responsible. I want to ensure I pack it right. I hope I have an antistatic bag somewhere... or some bubble wrap at the very least.

Antistatic bag, then bubble wrap, then hard cardboard to avoid a snapping incident.

Video yourself packaging it to be on the safe side, in case you need to claim compensation from the courier/postal service.

Pixieking

Banned
So Gamasutra have more info on Valve looking at odd key requests

Valve says it's cracking down on big key requests to combat Steam skulduggery
"Over the last few years, new features and additions to Steam have changed the way Steam keys were being used, for instance as a means for game-shaped objects to monetize on Steam through methods other than actually selling fun games to customers. Most notably, this meant farming Steam Trading Cards," wrote the representative, alluding to the company's recent nerf of the Steam Trading Cards system.

"While our changes did impact the economics of trading card farming for new products coming to Steam, there are still a lot of games and game-shaped objects using Steam keys as a way to manipulate Steam systems. As a result, we're trying to look more closely at extreme examples of products on Steam that don't seem to be providing actual value as playable games-for instance, when a game has sold 100 units, has mostly negative reviews, but requests 500,000 Steam keys. We're not interested in supporting trading card farming or bot networks at the expense of being able to provide value and service for players.

It's basically being used to help stop devs gaming the card and item systems.

Why did West of Loathing tell me it needed 3.4 gigs, then start downloading 172 megs?

(Also, sorry chubigans, I was saving that Steam wallet money for CSD 2, but I couldn't wait any longer.)

He works for a new corporation that supposedly was formed to fix umbrellas mistakes that still linger. So the DLC probably leads the story into showing how the game has more of an RE connection to the overal universe than people think. With an easier aspect of doing that will be with a returning face. Since the DLC is in a way the true ending of Re7

Ahh I see.
I completely was lost when I saw that new Umbrella logo at the end.
Is that from any of the revelations games?

Blu(e)

Does buying the USFIV package that's currently $7.49 include the DLC like the console versions?

No. You'll still be missing the costumes from the Horror, Wild, and Vacation packs. The bundles have never been on sale but individually they are $0.99 a piece.

Edit: Oh wait like the console version. I believe so. You just don't get the costumes from above.

kuYuri

No. You'll still be missing the costumes from the Horror, Wild, and Vacation packs. The bundles have never been on sale but individually they are $0.99 a piece.

Edit: Oh wait like the console version. I believe so. You just don't get the costumes from above.

So basically, that $7.49 package is All DLC from up to AE, but not anything released after AE?

Cause from what I read, the PS4 version includes even the Wild and Vacation Pack. Not sure about Horror Pack.

Madventure

As expected. Some people were overreacting a lot on the other thread.

It's usually a "Oh look something about steam or valve better take this time to comment about how they're shit and like money/have too much money/need more competition. How about that half life 3 guys!"

Nabs

DUSK will be released in October, but the first chapter (of 3) can be played now if you pre-order.

It's up on both Steam and Humble Store. I'm going to give it a spin now.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
lol
SpiderShrugBlank.jpg

This year has been whack for me.
Just an extreme lack of Dinosaurs and TPS Action

You know what PUBG needs? A mode with dinosaurs. Just an occasional T-Rex cruising through an open field. A small chance for a velociraptor bursting out of a bathroom. Maybe you could spawn as one at some point.

Grug

You know what PUBG needs? A mode with dinosaurs. Just an occasional T-Rex cruising through an open field. A small chance for a velociraptor bursting out of a bathroom. Maybe you could spawn as one at some point.

Lol the Giant Bomb guys said the exact same thing.

Jawmuncher

Seriously. All this push for zombies that run or shuffle and don't do anything special.
While as you said Dinosaurs would be a huge deal. You could even try and lure dinos to attack others and such. it'd be amazing.

While we're talking this. I still want a Far Cry game with dinosaurs.
Driving a jeep while a Trex chases you. Amazing.

Blu(e)

So basically, that $7.49 package is All DLC from up to AE, but not anything released after AE?

Cause from what I read, the PS4 version includes even the Wild and Vacation Pack. Not sure about Horror Pack.

Going back to my purchase history. After redeeming my copy of USF4, the DLC I was missing were the skins in Vacation, Wild, and Horror.

I was also missing "USFIV: 2014 Challengers Costume Pack." Which I believe was pre order DLC initially and was made available to purchase.

All the other skins were included in Ultra base purchase.

The PS4 version doesn't include the Horror stuff from what I've seen if the PS4 DLC is to go by.

kuYuri

Going back to my purchase history. After redeeming my copy of USF4, the DLC I was missing were the skins in Vacation, Wild, and Horror.

I was also missing "USFIV: 2014 Challengers Costume Pack." Which I believe was pre order DLC initially and was made available to purchase.

All the other skins were included in Ultra base purchase.

The PS4 version doesn't include the Horror stuff from what I've seen if the PS4 DLC is to go by.

Got it. Thanks for the help!

Had a computer crash today. It was while I was playing Cold Steel and when I checked after rebooting my save file was fucked. I had a second file but it was a bit behind, then I remembered the auto-save feature Durante added. Man that feature is freaking great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom