• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

ya, he posted awesome huge review on it a while back, and I bought it based on that review alone, some time ago too, still haven't played it yet (I feel like I'm repeating last statement way too often lately for my comfort)

Ooooh nice. The one he's posted on Steam is quite thorough but I'll go track down the post here. Cheers. Anyone else got any thoughts on LocoCycle?

Hahaha I've long since given up being a slave to my backlog. I'll get to it when I can and it's not like it's taking up space. My problem is double and triple dipping but now that last gen is starting to wind down I'm slowly flogging off part of my collection I'm done with. Though surprisingly no one want's to buy my copy of PES 2008 on eBay, even for 1p!

I don't think I've ever been contacted by scammers. The only time I've done some trades was for the Sam & Max TF2 items, I sold the Max Head for $100 and told the guy to send the money over by Paypal first. It's probably because I don't have a lot of high-cost items in my inventory though.

I probably have but if I don't recognise the person adding me or they aren't part of a group I'm aware of I usually decline the request. I've got enough issues working out who have my 'friends' list are as it is, the 'To Be Sorted' tag group is getting rather large.

So I'm killing time waiting for lunch and I'm deliberating if there's anything part of the Microsoft sale that I might want. LocoCycle comes to mind as it's got those whacky FMV's and I quite like what Twisted Pixel have put out. But I've heard some less than favourably things about the game so I thought I'd have a look-see at the reviews and low and behold what crops up as one of the most recommended ones...

Must have missed Stump posting about it in here but it sounds alright from his and a few others impressions (I'm not expecting much from the game lets be honest).

Wow.
Dude has quite a few likes/dislikes on that review.
I'm jealous. =/

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno about Salsa, but as a relatively new 3DS owner I'm a bit miffed. I hope games don't start needing the new hardware

Pure evil :p

heh. I bought the OG weeks before XL was announced, and later upgraded. looks like it's time to go shopping again. need the second stick for mh4u

tioslash

Best trade I have done, ever

Qsu2zwG.png

Yeah, I was bored

Out of 15 friend requests or so after I put some items to trade, 15 were these scam attempts. Not a single legitimate one.

Deques

Are either Age of Mythology and Rise of Nations region locked? I thought they were but I see a lot of trades in tf2outpost

Pakkidis

According to enhanced steam toy soldiers use game for windows live however the game has steam achievements. Does this game use GFWL?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Are either Age of Mythology and Rise of Nations region locked? I thought they were but I see a lot of trades in tf2outpost

I think Russians are using the infamous exploit to buy ROW copies with the russian pricing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm back.

I missed you.

Glad to see you back again :D

With the way Volition ended IV they couldn't think of a proper script for 5 so they're skipping it and going straight for VI.

???

Going straight to VI and skipping V would be so dumb, but so good.

Another day, another (upcoming) simulator game... this time with Steam Workshop support!

Releases in November.

Ehh, RECYCLE looks much better than this.

:p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Age of Mythology: ROW and RU/CIS-specific subs, however while the ROW four-pack and four-pack gift subs are region-locked, single ROW copies are not, so they can be bought on the cheap through traders who use the cross-region purchasing trick.

Rise of Nations: Universal subs, but as with AoM only the four-pack and four-pack gift subs are region-locked.

Knurek

heh. I bought the OG weeks before XL was announced, and later upgraded. looks like it's time to go shopping again. need the second stick for mh4u

I wouldn't call the abomination they put there a stick...
More like that clitoris some laptops have if you ask me.

Copons

At this point do you really believe that anybody willingly would sell out for EA? That's preposterous theory. What you back it on? just curious

I was kinda joking, but anyway there could be millions of reasons to sell to EA, but I guess to back it on something real I should know what are the terms of the buyout.
Hence I'm surrendering from this debate for lack of proper arguments... :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't call the abomination they put there a stick...
More like that clitoris some laptops have if you ask me.

what do you have against clitorises?? that's sexists

Durante

Have you ever tried to use that nub on an IBM Thinkpad? It's an exercise in frustration for anything remotely requiring precision.
I disagree. The Thinkpad nub is really amazing in terms of precision for its size when you get used to it. I'm much faster with it than any touchpad I've ever tried.

Now, what are true abominations are all other attempts at similar input devices I've tried from any other manufacturer.

I must not trade enough to get scammers. I suppose that's a good thing!
You traded some cards with me.... and now I get stuff like this ;)
Actually I asked you for cards and got them for free. Thanks again.
omNazUc.png

I don't know why I even accepted him. His profile is private even after accepting his friend request!
Guess I got happy because no one adds me else. I got happy even when I knew it was a bot :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Have you ever tried to use that nub on an IBM Thinkpad? It's an exercise in frustration for anything remotely requiring precision.

it's probably only going to be used for camera control, and it looks a bit larger than the thinkpad clit. I guess we'll see!

Anyway, you guys wanna watch something terrible?

this is me getting my very first Ultra Street Fighter IV ranked mp win! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bXCZLlwCQ

Observe my scrubdom in awe! (private channel, absolutely no money is made)

liezryou

Age of Mythology: ROW and RU/CIS-specific subs, however while the ROW four-pack and four-pack gift subs are region-locked, single ROW copies are not, so they can be bought on the cheap through traders who use the cross-region purchasing trick.

Rise of Nations: Universal subs, but as with AoM only the four-pack and four-pack gift subs are region-locked.

I think Russians are using the infamous exploit to buy ROW copies with the russian pricing.

Yeah, the exploit is being used.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Really? This exploit is a new thing or always existed?

It's always existed. Valve knows about it, too, as following Ubi plugging the hole in South Park's ROW sub, those who'd bought copies on the cheap and traded them en masse were trade-banned.

Copons

I'm so sad no one has ever tried to scam me on Steam.
I feel so discriminated right now.
What, my euros aren't good enough for you?
:'(

MRORANGE

Last chance today:

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for September (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in September Send me a PM to request.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 29th August

Games / Gaffers:
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Uzzy
Dead Rising 3 - MMBosstones86
Gauntlet - Hugstable
Wasteland 2 - Saunderez
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution - Rayge
Defense Grid 2 - jshackles
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Dr Dogg
Fable Anniversary - Jawmuncher

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any chance that these hackers got the GAF id list and unleashed a wave of phishing bots on us? Seems that a lot of people from here that are not even trading are spammed by them. I get 5-6 phishing bot invites a day and I haven't posted on outpost or streamtrades for months

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
omNazUc.png

I don't know why I even accepted him. His profile is private even after accepting his friend request!
Guess I got happy because no one adds me else. I got happy even when I knew it was a bot :(

But you might need him inventory! Add him at totallynotasteamscam.com

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Ship -- MB-68F5A892A5BDEE89 - Taken by mik7697. 1 entrants total.
Murder Miners -- MB-E18C09BA8B3FD9B5 - Taken by Khronico. 3 entrants total.
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-E52BD133B047DE92 - Taken by ctw0e. 2 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-34DEA1F255111E50 - Taken by arts&crafts. 4 entrants total.

t1409326945z1.png

Nabs

it's probably only going to be used for camera control, and it looks a bit larger than the thinkpad clit. I guess we'll see!

Anyway, you guys wanna watch something terrible?

this is me getting my very first Ultra Street Fighter IV ranked mp win! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bXCZLlwCQ

Observe my scrubdom in awe! (private channel, absolutely no money is made)

Yo. Never feel bad about a win. Tip: piss off the other player as much as possible. Taunt more.

Ken-sf3-taunt-comeon.gif

MRORANGE

Any chance that these hackers got the GAF id list and unleashed a wave of phishing bots on us? Seems that a lot of people from here that are not even trading are spammed by them. I get 5-6 phishing bot invites a day and I haven't posted on outpost or streamtrades for months

Could be, I haven't put my name on the list and haven't had any people spamming with requests so far.

To be honest I am offline most of the time.

Dr Dogg

I disagree. The Thinkpad nub is really amazing in terms of precision for its size when you get used to it. I'm much faster with it than any touchpad I've ever tried.

Now, what are true abominations are all other attempts at similar input devices I've tried from any other manufacturer.

Yeah that could be the case that my workflow consists mainly roundtripping between Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop and that I'm so used to using a tablet and keyboard shortcuts for donkeys years that I'm not accustomed to change.

I can remember Acer and Gateway putting them on their Laptops and Notebooks in the past but my experience with Acer products usually ends before they get to the end of their warranty period.

So I saw that GOG is having a sale because a bunch of games are going to be removed, these games aren't going to be removed from Steam too, are they?

omNazUc.png

Got added by a person with private profile the day I was leaving the US, I asked the person "do I know you", then went offline. When I got off at Tokyo, I found out that person has already unfriended me.

So I saw that GOG is having a sale because a bunch of games are going to be removed, these games aren't going to be removed from Steam too, are they?

from what they've said, it seems GOG couldn't come to an agreement with certain publishers about regional pricing so they're going their separate ways, hence the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom