• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

TheSmokingManX said:
Seems like Steam is broken from Community leaving beta. No content wants to load at the Steam website or the store.
I have no problem with the website or store, I was able to purchase the orange box last night. I think you're broken!

bee

my steam community tab has messed up cant log in or goto control panel or anything, anyone got an ip?

edit: pff nevermind restarting steam has fixed it.

CajoleJuice said:
He did? Why the fuck not? It's from the forum for that very game, and it's a free mod. Please explain, bish.

he said
bishoptl said:
No torrentz allowed :p

Unless he was joking. I'm not sure I just know that's what he said and I'm too tired to tell if it was a joke I just didn't want you to get in trouble in case he wasn't

"I think Bish was saying that torrents weren't allowed wherever he was downloading from."

ah gotcha. Like I said I'm tired and in doing this in the middle of my java class :p

BioHazard

Oh my gourds!!! TFF!!! Finally!!! Now I really hate that asshole that stole my HL2 account. :( Anyone want to gift me their free copy of HL2 from the pre-order? :lol Or can you not do that yet?

fallout

Illuminati said:
That Peggle game that comes with the pre-order is pretty damn addictive.
Tell me about it. I'm really considering buying the full version.

BioHazard said:
Oh my gourds!!! TFF!!! Finally!!! Now I really hate that asshole that stole my HL2 account. :( Anyone want to gift me their free copy of HL2 from the pre-order? :lol Or can you not do that yet?
You can, and will, but not yet.

"They knew they'd get people hooked and make them buy the full version. I'm the same way. :|"

At least it's only $10 I thought it would be a lot more for the full version of peggle.

"Tre` is there any way to get this thread stickied?"

It's possible', but seeing as how there's a lot of stickies currently, I'll kick the idea around first.

"Is counter strike tonight turning out to be a dud? I dont really see anyone on..."

? We had a full team of nothing but GAFfers when I left. Though, it started an hour earlier tonight as it did yesterday. Are you in the chat room?

"? We had a full team of nothing but GAFfers when I left. Though, it started an hour earlier tonight as it did yesterday. Are you in the chat room?"
"It started an hour early tonight. Most people have already filtered out by now."

Ah, I missed the memo there's only like five guys left now and only two or so where in chat I joined. Looks like synbios may be getting people back together.

"Ah, I missed the memo there's only like five guys left now and only two or so where in chat I joined. Looks like synbios may be getting people back together."

I was planning on moving it back to 8 since it was sorta short notice and I wasn't sure if everyone knew we would be trying the 7PM thing every day now, but the toast still popped up at 7PM even after I changed it :shrug:.

MMaRsu

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"The hell? why is this stickied instead of the H3 thread????????"

Because Halo 3 won't be out for another 10 days.

While that's true..I do not understand why this is stickied..

I understand that Halo 3 won't be out for another 10 days, but still..there's alot of updates for it..

"While that's true..I do not understand why this is stickied.."

You don't really need to worry about it. However, this thread contains a large amount of information regarding the GAF steam group as well as GAFfers Steam names for future reference, as well as information/discussion regarding community events in one convenient thread. Hence, stuck.

"I understand that Halo 3 won't be out for another 10 days, but still..there's alot of updates for it.."

And I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding the threads for them. Move along, nothing to see here.

saelz8

Friday, September 14 2007

"For the past month, hundreds of thousands of Steam users have previewed the Steam Community. This week, we dropped the beta tag and officially opened the Steam Community. Thanks to everyone who joined while the paint was drying, with a bonus jumping high-five to those who provided invaluable comments, bug reports, and feature requests.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not long ago (in geologic time), we announced the sequel to Team Fortress. We’re thrilled to finally be just days away from unveiling Team Fortress 2. Starting this Monday, September 17, those who pre-purchase the Orange Box on Steam or swing by a licensed Valve Cyber Cafe can play the beta version of Team Fortress 2.

Many of you have asked for a way to track your stats while playing TF2. Rest assured that no gib will be forgotten: starting Monday, your Steam Community profile will include a detailed breakdown of your TF2 player statistics.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't wait until Monday to get your fix of multiplayer mayhem? We've got you covered: the demo for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is now playing on Steam."

Yay! Stats!

"Oh great, now the entire internet will know how much I suck."

From the developer commentary, the stats system doesn't quite compare you to the world, it just persistently logs all your stats. Whether there's any sort of ranking or comparison I dunno, though.

Top Bottom