• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Teppic

I'm glad I'm not that interested in those 100GB+ games. I'm not sure if I would buy one if I was. Downloading The Witcher 3 took me days. It was 30GB.

That aside I don't think any game is worth having around if it takes up 100GB of my harddrive. Not with the drives we have today at least.

JarrodL

I dunno, that's just not how I usually play my games. I'm usually infested in one game until the end. If I lost interest midway, I'll just uninstall it and move on to another game.

That seems like placing unnecessary restrictions on yourself to me. I've played plenty of games that started slow and didn't do much for me until something clicked or the story piqued my interest later and by the end I'd be firmly in love with them. I'd hate to miss out on great stuff just because it has a temporary slow segment say in the middle that causes me to lose interest.

Jadax

I also don't uninstall games unless I'm done with them. But this is mainly because I have a data cap.

That being said, at any given time I don't have more than 10 games installed.

That seems like placing unnecessary restrictions on yourself to me. I've played plenty of games that started slow and didn't do much for me until something clicked or the story piqued my interest later and the end I'd be firmly in love with them. I'd hate to miss out on great stuff just because it has a temporary slow segment say in the middle that causes me to lose interest.

Perhaps I worded that wrong. I'm not saying that I only install one game at a time, I do have 7 games installed as of now. But I still have my priorities, there are games that's okay to uninstall because I won't be getting back to them anytime soon or already beaten. My point is, even 1TB of space already gives me a lot space for some options in my installed games. It's more than enough to store 10 games, which is a lot.

Durante

People seem to have lots of good reasons for not uninstalling games.

For me, for the vast majority of games I've installed, the reason that I didn't uninstall them is because I'm too lazy :p

Ruruja

Started playing Arkham City again because I didn't do many side stories on it before, after I'd beaten the game. Shame we'll never get another of these, they're so good.

MadGear

I usually don't uninstall the games I enjoy because I feel like I should complete them by doing the optional content, beating them on a different difficulty or to just simply replay them again. Realistically however this rarely ever happens. The last time I played MGR:R was on the 18.12.2014 and ever since then, every other month or so, I keep telling myself to replay that game again ... it didn't work out so far. I really should replay that game again tho.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (stan423321, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
A Hat in Time (Humble) -- MB-94F5A38577682894 - Taken by duppolo. 65 entrants total.
still, it unlocks on Steam

t1507386375z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag being the last game I played (not due lack of interest, mind; the rest are simply not within my purchasing range yet), can I get an enlightenment on how micro-transactions work in Unity and Syndicate?

I know that Brotherhood and up has it for cosmetic multiplayer stuff and Black Flag also has it for ship material (which I only found out after I finished the game...), but the latest two games don't have multiplayer and ships, right?

If you mean Syndicate and Unity, then yes. Origins has no MP but may have naval combat to some degree.

Edit: Oh, and the microtransactions systems in both are inoffensive and don't indicate a massive grind of any kind.

Purkake4

Banned
Not that I've been refreshing the steam search terms for Crate Entertainment every couple of hours or anything to check when they would put up the steam page
But it went up within the past 2 hours or so

Price isn't listed on it but it's $17.99 USD according to their website/forums becomes purchasable on October 11th

Also Purchasable on GOG, Humble but they haven't put it up on those sites yet
This thing is coming out so soon, pretty crazy.

Volimar

I was looking up Saints Row the Third for that giveaway a few pages back and Steam seems to think it's similar to The Division (okay) and Don't Starve Together (wtf?).

I purposefully got a smaller SSD because I have a habit of downloading and hoarding everything because why not?

I figured it would keep my gaming narrow and would be like Metamucil in that it would make general space clean up a regular thing.

God Eater 3 might be coming to Steam.

At least in the YouTube keywords its using PS4, PC and Xbox One. Funny though, because remember that it was totally a "mistake" when the one who uploaded the SAO vs Accel World trailer and it mentioned PC in the keywords?

Tonton

At least in the YouTube keywords its using PS4, PC and Xbox One. Funny though, because remember that it was totally a "mistake" when the one who uploaded the SAO vs Accel World trailer and it mentioned PC in the keywords?

I mean the first two games are already on Steam and sold ok, no reason to think the next one won't be

Mivey

The God Eater games on Steam are a total mystery to me. I remember distinctly, that I installed and started them, at some point. Then everything descends into a Lynchian pipedream, and finally when I come to I am at home, uninstalling the game and there is a strange feeling of relief at the sight. And this happened twice, once for GE1 and for GE2.
I think it would unhealthy to try again.

Dinjoralo

Why does Ruiner have native Dualshock 4 support if it's not going to have the right button prompts, and makes you use the touch pad for select.

Seriously, what was Sony thinking? At least Nintendo was smart enough to not put a screenshot button where any sane person would try pressing select.

Vuze

Same. I only uninstall when I need room.
Yup, that's me. On rare occassion I'll uninstall a game right away if it's a serious letdown tho

I kinda lost my interest in God Eater after Monster Hunter World
Ehh, I can still appreciate it if it comes to PC and will probably buy it. That being said MHWorld will hopefully keep me busy for the whole of 2018 though. I'm really trying to not hype myself up too much and avoid watching a lot of footage and reading reports. But the bit I've seen and heard from hands-on reports... hngh
Last time I did this with a MH game it turned out to be the most disappointing game of the series to date lol

Ah it's a long time since I woke up early on a Saturday, excited to play a game, bought Hollow Knight last night so going to finally play it. Any tips for someone going into it the first time?
there's a really helpful thing you get after a long hellish platforming section—you will lose that item if you smack your reflection (which you'll probably want to do eventually, but still).

You'll know what I mean when the time comes

Hm, something definitely weird going on with Steam downloads, some games i download without any issue, but some other games are not downloading at all, I'm getting rare 10-50 kbps spikes but download are just dead most of the time. Or is it just me?

JaseC

Hm, something definitely weird going on with Steam downloads, some games i download without any issue, but some other games are not downloading at all, I'm getting rare 10-50 kbps spikes but download are just dead most of the time. Or is it just me?

Change your download region. Some content servers are on the fritz.

Kudo

Nope, read earlier page.

Has no effect on what's currently happening, some people say they got lucky that it "works" but only works for few seconds before it stops working again.

JaseC

Has no effect on what's currently happening, some people say they got lucky that it "works" but only works for few seconds before it stops working again.

It's YMMV but does work for some people. I can't comment myself, though, as I haven't been experiencing any issues (AU - WA/steam.cdn.on.net, FWIW).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of stan423321, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (stan423321, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
A Hat in Time (Humble) -- MB-94F5A38577682894 - Taken by duppolo. 65 entrants total.
still, it unlocks on Steam

t1507386375z1.png

Javier23

Banned
Yeah....download speeds are currently fucked. Barely a trickle right now. My speed test shows I get something like 600+ Mbps down too (university internet, WOO!)

I WAS gonna try out Elder Scrolls Online (caved and paid for early unlock of Humble Monthly), but now I'm not sure what I want to play the rest of tonight.

Currently installed games I might be interested in are as follows:

-Dead Cells
-Skyrim Special Edition (though TBH I'm still waiting on SKSE/more mods to be ported to return to this - even simple modding is probably too much for one night)
-Endless Space 2
-Fallout 4
-Halycon 6: Lightspeed Edition
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Pillars of Eternity
-Civilization VI
-Stardew Valley
-Stellaris
-The Witcher 3

Those are all the ones I'm potentially up for playing that I either haven't started at all, or haven't finished (e.g. 19 hours into The Witcher 3).

Any particular recommendations SteamGAF?
A bit late but I'd go with The Witcher 3. Though if you've played it for 20 hours and are not enough into it as to make that decision on your own maybe you're just not enjoying it as much as I did.

Nope, read earlier page.
Welp, i guess i'll wait until Valve fix it, i downloaded other games so i have new stuff to play right now. Well, they're not that "new", downloaded another bunch of 2007 games i didn't played on Steam, the only one that stuck in download queue is Blazing Angels 2.

Top Bottom