• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
UPlay 5.0 is here

• Download manager with queue
  • UPlay Client now can recognize previously downloaded files
  • Client now have option to locate files if you moved them
  • FPS counter is added
  • VoiP Visual Notification
  • Game Version Selector (currently not available to general public)

At least they are adding features :D

so... based.... #blessed #fillingbars #valvetyranny #datuplayactionfeel #thegreatestinjusticeonearthisthatweonlygettwoassassinscreedgamesayear

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-17_19-04-35.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
What happens with all that extra money they get from kickstarter if they only needed $100,000? Even if they go over their original budget that's a whole lot more than what they were asking for.

To celebrate the forthcoming Humble Bundle, I'm going to dump the duplicates from the last one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delusibeta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-A9A5561BC0B3EAEA - Taken by Natty1. 16 entrants total.
Knights of the Old Republic 2 -- MB-EA3DEDDF86C2B9C3 - Taken by texhnolyze. 33 entrants total.

t1424282754z1.png

What happens with all that extra money they get from kickstarter if they only needed $100,000? Even if they go over their original budget that's a whole lot more than what they were asking for.

They used Kickstarter to fund new features for the game, the extra money also goes there (stretch goals)

IIRC polish and some additional features that they'd like to implement.

It's not like they're going to burn the money or anything. Harebrained Schemes is anything but.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Well, several things:
1) They expand the scope, there are "stretch goals" which define how the money will be invested. So the product you'll get will be presumably bigger and better than it otherwise might have been
2) They have more money to make games going forward, which I guess you can look at as an investment in company stability.
3) It's actually not a bad thing if someone KSes something for $50 and makes $50,000, as long as backers get the thing they paid for. Like, if I'm backing something for $10, what everyone else gets should be pretty insignificant to me, it should be about whether I get my $10 worth. Like, KS is as much a pre-order as it is a funding mechanism. We don't expect that a non-KS game that is extremely profitable rather than just break-even to tell us what they did with the profit, we typically just allow them to take the profit because as far as we're individually concerned, we got what we paid for.

Phinor

I'm willing to bet money there won't be any extra, in fact that Kickstarter money (most likely) won't even cover the remaining development cost even though they already have the engine up and running etc.

Regardless, you are allowed to make profit with your Kickstarter and you are allowed to treat is as a way to mitigate putting your own/company money into development. On the board gaming side, Kickstarter is used as a store front more often than as an actual Kickstarting platform. And Kickstarter doesn't mind, they get a slice out of every successfully funded project.

NOVA HOT!

crtl+f "controller"

0 results found

: /

It's a turn based game, Xcom proved that controller functionality is totally doable for the genre and they've already made ios touch versions of the last 2 games so it's not like they haven't done some work before to accommodate for other control methods. bah.

Really enjoying Grow Home. I don't think the art direction is quite as refined as a lot of other low poly flat shaded work but I guess that's a trade off when you allow the player to procedurally modify the landscape.

It's nice to just play something whimsy and reminiscent Mario. I think the controls are a bit bizarre but it's just nice to play something a bit different.

Tizoc

Lost Planet 3's a nice 3rd person shooter, nothing amazing but its story characters and voice acting really make the game for me. Strongly recommend giving it a chance.

Khronico

Lost Planet 3's a nice 3rd person shooter, nothing amazing but its story characters and voice acting really make the game for me. Strongly recommend giving it a chance.

Yeah I actually really enjoyed what I played of it. Only huge issue I had with the game was it's load times, but I was playing on PS3 so I doubt the PC version has that issue if you have a halfway decent harddrive.

crtl+f "controller"

0 results found

: /

It's a turn based game, Xcom proved that controller functionality is totally doable for the genre and they've already made ios touch versions of the last 2 games so it's not like they haven't done some work before to accommodate for other control methods. bah.

Unfortunately, controllers are not nova hot.

I'm already loaded on capcom-produced 3rd person action games between Bionic Commando and Dark Void but i've been considering picking up LP3 once i finish up those two. Everyone talking about how it actually has a decent narrative and that it plays alright has had me interested in it for a while.

Tizoc

I'm already loaded on capcom-produced 3rd person action games between Bionic Commando and Dark Void but i've been considering picking up LP3 once i finish up those two. Everyone talking about how it actually has a decent narrative and that it plays alright has had me interested in it for a while.

Thinking about getting LP3. I'm guessing that none of the DLC is really worth it? Looks like it's all MP centric.

yUP you don't need the DLC $10 or less is a good price for he game.
Play on Easy and just enjoy the story.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of FrozenXcalibur, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FrozenXcalibur, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Heart 2 Deluxe Edition -- MB-54A9D62C442D0447 - Taken by Blu(e). 11 entrants total.
Flower Shop: Winter in Fairbrook -- MB-9E1A93A5A1B71CF4 - Taken by Benedict. 6 entrants total.
Spirited Heart Deluxe Edition -- MB-44E5ECA22C7A22CB - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.
Heileen 2 The Hands of Fate -- MB-5FD0FC8A412D565C - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Always Remember me Deluxe Edition -- MB-407CE0D9D6FA248A - Taken by Cth. 12 entrants total.
Heileen 1 Sail Away -- MB-8635284CBE511F10 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook -- MB-0DC4A519288DF988 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Bionic Heart -- MB-57F71A93F8F4BF84 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Heileen 3 New Horizons Deluxe -- MB-11E09F877504EE54 - Taken by nightstorm - Taken by Mavromatis. 3 entrants total.

t1424241233z1.png

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Hey guys, how is the emulation on the Sega Genesis Classics packs? Amazon has a killer deal for all 5 packs at $2.62

Miguel81

Completed RE Remake with knife only, with Jill, on True Survival, no achievement. I only used the Rocket Launcher in the end against the ending boss (he also launched away a rocket the first time, lol), no tactical items or head stomping used.
But.
I used the lighter to grab the map and to access the J-Volt door, it can be that invalidated my play? If so, is really a bullshit.

You can't use any weapons at all(other than the knife) throughout the playthrough.
Don't save anybody and Tyrant won't show up at the helipad.

Getting round to counting the votes and...

aGEESsU.jpg

At least it wasn't Dark Souls 2.

Completed RE Remake with knife only, with Jill, on True Survival, no achievement. I only used the Rocket Launcher in the end against the ending boss (he also launched away a rocket the first time, lol), no tactical items or head stomping used.
But.
I used the lighter to grab the map and to access the J-Volt door, it can be that invalidated my play? If so, is really a bullshit.

you used a rocket launcher and aren't sure why the 'knife only' achievement didn't show up?

not sure if serious....

good to see the voting coming along. I wish i could make changes on my list:
Shovel Knight needs to be there but i hadn't played it when i voted. It really deserves the same treatment that MGSGZ got from Steamgaf favorite, Javier23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom