• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

so, today is finally a Capcpom humbundle, I know you lost all hope, but you haven't believed in Disney bundle too!

I can't recommend Homefront to anybody at any price.

hold on a moment, it doesn't even count as +1?
sorry, very sorry, but I had to (><)

Turfster

GetGames Linux sale, games up to 75% off

Uplay is having a pretty deep Total War sale, steam keys

Amazon has Alien Isolation and the Season pass 50% off

Gunworld and David keys are now available for the LazyGuys Starting 2015 like a boss bundle

Groupees BAGB19 bundle
Price: 0.5$/game, 2 game minimum
  • Go Home
  • East Tower Akio
  • No Turning Back
  • Superlink
  • Unium
  • Zombie Zoid
  • Stoorm
  • Dungeon Warfare

Kiru

so, today is finally a Capcpom humbundle, I know you lost all hope, but you haven't believed in Disney bundle too!

hold on a moment, it doesn't even count as +1?
sorry, very sorry, but I had to (><)

Hmmm, I think the Weekly will have Sleeping Dogs in it. Makes sense for Chinese New Year. Dunno about today.

dex3108

So wheel on my chair broke today and now i am balancing this huge ass chair on 4 wheels. Oh well at least i know what will i do tomorrow (try to find where i can buy this stupid wheel).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really enjoyed the first chapter but I need LP2 before everything else, give me a discount capcom D:

Was LP2 on the Capcom GFWL removal list or did it not make the cut? Either way, I think all 3 of my buddies hated LP2 as much as me or more by the time the final boss died. When co-op can't even save an experience that really says something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was LP2 on the Capcom GFWL removal list or did it not make the cut? Either way, I think all 3 of my buddies hated LP2 as much as me or more by the time the final boss died. When co-op can't even save an experience that really says something.

The latter. RE5 and the Dead Rising 2 games are it.

I really enjoyed the first chapter but I need LP2 before everything else, give me a discount capcom D:

getting the sense that Lost Planet 2 is going wherever GFWL goes when it disappears forever. Seems like they're not even bothering with it as it was a bust for them. I never played it but wasn't it some weird attempt at a MonHun shooter?

It seems like they never could find an identity for Lost Planet and i honestly don't understand why they even bothered with LP3 given that there was no way to recover post LP2

Lain

I want to change things up. How did all of you get into PC gaming and/or steamGaf?

For me it all started with my dad. He played a lot of stuff on PC. I vividly remember watching him play Command & Conquer, Blade Runner, and Myst. I myself messed with everything he played when he wasn't around and really liked C&C the most. Remember my mom bringing me lunch while I played skirmish mode. He also bought us a few games for me and my sister on the PC. Though I recall my sister getting more since she was older. Actually ended up enjoying her games more. I only recall having Jurassic Park for DOS which was too hard. So I would end up playing Clueless, Barbie Dress maker (where you could actually print the dresses was pretty cool), and another Barbie game where you were a deep sea diver. Well regardles of all that, pc was where I did all my gaming until I got a PSX for my 6th birthday. At that point my gaming focus shifted and aside from watching my dad still play some games on PC I didn't bother to much aside from a few titles here and there. So it was years until I seriously messed with PC gaming again. What got me to dip my toes again was a crazy sale on TF2. I think it was like 2.50 or something. So I bought it and played a bit. Didn't care too much about it though, but I found the steam platform interesting. So for the longest it was just a lot of dabbling in the platform with the family computer. Once I moved out I actually figured I could give up on PC gaming altogether considering all the consoles I had and everything else. Actually bought a netbook and said "this will do all I need it to". I used that thing for about a year until my friend convinced me to try PC gaming again. He sent me his old desktop and I bought a graphics card for it. The computer wasn't all that great though and I really didn't know what I just jammed in there. All I know is Witcher 1 ran choppy but FF14 (vanilla) ran alright. It wasn't up to snuff though so I didn't use it aside for some free games. So I really ended up just switching between the desktop and netbook depending on my needs for the day. I found out I was deploying and figured I would get myself a present after that was all said and done. I remember it was a choice between the WiiU and a Alienware X51. Obviously different prices but I only wanted to get one thing. It was actually lurking steamGAF during my off time and the Alienware X51 thread that helped me decide. Since I figured I would get something easy to jump in with and would go from there. On the way back home the winter sale was going on. I was buying shit left and right for my upcoming PC. Didn't lurk enough to give a damn about Dailies and what not. Coming back home hooking up that pc and finally talking with steamGAF (I recall before that I had a few drive by posts) was a lot of fun. My coming back party as you could say wouldn't have been the same without you guys. So thanks steam gaf.

My dad brought home a PC, it was a computer with 2 5,25" floppy drives and no HDD, with a black&white monitor. Probably a 8088 or 8086. I still remember type assign a=b before starting some games.
I was little, maybe I had 5 years, so it all seemed pretty fantastic stuff like this space invader clone that was on the floppy disk. Then later I learned about things like the commodore64 and console, something my parents never wanted to buy to me, especialyl my father. He believed them to be simply toys, PC were better machines etc. I remember buying some games hoping to play them one day, but it never happened and I think I ended up giving them to a friend with a c128.

Growing up, I went from the old PC to another PC that was slightly more powerful, with a green-scale or whatever it was monitor and after that a 386sx. I loved and hated the 386sx, since it was sold to us as a dx. I went from the joy of listening to the soundblaster test music demo to the disappointment of not being able to install an autodesk 3dstudio program on it because the computer was a sx.
Meanwhile my friends had nintendo and sega console or the amiga500. I was jealous, because they had all those fun games to play while I had all the shitty knockoff or shitty ports or simulators and the PC joysticks sucked dicks.
Well at least I had soem great adventure games and some platformers I really loved, like Trolls, or stuff like Syndicate. Still, I didn't have the ports of the arcade games and to get certain games to start it was rather annoying at times. Fiddling with the config.sys and autoexec.bat was the norm.

All of this changed though when I was 16 and managed to buy my first console, a PlayStation. It was December, I was in love with Ridge Racer at the arcade and going home I passed in front of a closed shop. As I walk by I see a running demo of Ridge Racer on the TV. I didn't know about the PS1 until that moment but it was love at first sight. I had to have my personal Ridge Racer machine, so I spent 1 million of lire on the console, some games and a memory card.
I could finally say goodbye to the PC world, with the meh games, the meh controls, the fiddling annoyances and I could finally get into the good games club, the gaming paradise, console gaming!

It was only some years later that I would get myself a new PC. It was a Pentium 3 300mhz, with a 3dfx card, a soundblaster audio card, a 21" monitor (which lasted me until some years ago, damn that monitor was good) but most important of all, a modem and some games, one of which was Quake 2. I got back into playing PC games, but this time it was online PC games. First Quake 2, then a dive in the past with Q1 and Quake World. Never liked Unreal, id for life.
Some of the people I played with introduced me to the dark side of PC gaming: MMOs. They made me buy Ultima Online. It was after the expansion for that game had released and I started getting myself lost in it and its lag. UO was an awesome game, for certain aspect more advanced than current MMOs, but UO sucked so many dicks as well when it came to lag. Playing at certain times of the day would mean being unable to move.
From UO I went to EQ and I lost 5 or 6 years of my life in that game. It was also thanks to EQ that I decided I'd never buy another SOE game ever again (and, by extension, another game in which Brad McQuaid was involved, fuck him and The Vision). I broke that to get a cheap copy of Landmark on Steam, but it was to get a +1 and my distaste for SOE had relented a bit through the years.

Anyways, as the years went by, I switched from the P3 300 to an Athlon64 and then back to Intel with a P4 something. During all this time I mainly played online games (EQ, WoW, FFXI etc) on the PC, while my real game time was spent on the real gaming paradise, console land. First the PS1, then the N64, the PS2, the PSP, the DS, the PS3, the Vita. Once I even played a bit with a Saturn, since a dude wanted to trade for a week with my PS1. The Saturn sucked, I was so happy to get back my PS1.

I've never felt the need to upgrade my PC other than to keep WoW playing on my PC.
I was used to play WoW at 15 or 20fps. It's always been a constant for me that even a simple game like WoW didn't play all that well on my PC unless I played with low settings. I was fine with that because most new games were bought on console. The games I wanted didn't release on PC and the old PC games I used to like, i.e. LucasFilm adventure games for example weren't even made anymore and the ones made weren't to my taste.
There was also the thing about a constant need to upgrade with PCs that I didn't need to worry about with a console, so as long as the PC could play WoW, playback video files and play music, I was fine with it.

This brings us to present time. I bought my last PC some years ago. A new WoW expansion, the need to switch from XP to 7 because stuff wouldn't support it anymore and the sluggish performances of my PC made me decide that it was time to upgrade. It was then that I discovered that Steam, from the joke of the old days had turned out pretty good, that there were great discounts through it in the PC world and, lastly, about the Steam community on GAF. Now, 3 years and some months later here I am, with more than 2k games on Steam thanks to sales, bundles and pre-purchase discounts, spending most of my GAF time split between the Steam thread and the Manga thread, buying fewer console games and still spending most of my time Playing WoW.

Miguel81

The Dragon difficulty(Middle) in Double Dragon Neon is no joke. Having a hard time getting past the first Skullmagedon fight. Ugh, might have to grind some more.

Turfster

Humble Squenix 2 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • Hitman GO (android)
TIER 2: BTA
  • Thief
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
TIER 3: 15$
  • Tomb Raider
  • Sleepydogs

SSPssp

I already own all of them, but this is good for newbies. But Hitman Go was free before on IGN. (Not Prime, completely free.)

MUnited83

For you.
Humble Squenix 2 bundle
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • Hitman GO (android)
  • Thief
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Tomb Raider
  • Sleepydogs

Yikes, that's fucking terrible. And Sleeping Dogs ain't the Definitive Edition? Lol, get rekt Squenix. Coulda have at least included Final Fantasy games this time around.

Nabs

The first two episodes of the Hotline Miami 2 Digital Comic released on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/274170

B-EXgWtCIAAjPdg.png

Download the Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number digital comic series by Dayjob Studio prior to the release of the game and dive into the backstory of several factions on a path to confrontation. The entire five-part series is free to download and comes in a single app that will be updated with new issues leading up to the launch of Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Humble Squenix 2 bundle
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Supreme Commander 2
  • Hitman GO (android)
  • Thief
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Tomb Raider
  • Sleepydogs

Shame there wasn't a stealth release for Hitman: GO on PC. I very rarely game on my phone. Hitman: Absolution for a buck's pretty good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom