• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

Pachimari

keep in mind, at least a couple of the projects listed here were abandoned at some point
HL3
, so that doesn't invalidate anything

I don't think any of them were abandoned.
I'm still waiting on Earth Defense Force 4.1, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture though.

An FFX port based on the PS4 version would be wonderful. I've been playing the game via emulator and those textures do NOT hold up at 4K.

Games that got an update in the last month:

Banned Game
Criminal Girls
- 8 days ago
Everybodys Gone to the Ratpure - yesterday
Steins Gate - 9 days ago
Earth Defense Force - 21 days ago
Stranger of Sword City - 6 days ago
Phantom Brave - 11 days ago
Code of Princess - 22 days ago (thats kinda strange, since the company went under before that)
XBlaze Code: Embryo - 1 day ago

Games that got an update in the last month:

Banned Game
Criminal Girls
- 8 days ago
Everybodys Gone to the Ratpure - yesterday
Steins Gate - 9 days ago
Earth Defense Force - 21 days ago
Stranger of Sword City - 6 days ago
Phantom Brave - 11 days ago
Code of Princess - 22 days ago (thats kinda strange, since the company went under before that)
XBlaze Code: Embryo - 1 day ago

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture got an update? *swoon*

Wereroku

Would not mind playing an EDF that has a stable framerate.

I wouldn't put it past them to have the game detect the power of your PC and multiply the enemies as needed to bring that framerate down. Bring on 200000 ants at once so that we can cripple even the most powerful processor.

Also yep these are all coming out unless the dev's have abandoned them for some reason.

Arjac

I wouldn't put it past them to have the game detect the power of your PC and multiply the enemies as needed to bring that framerate down. Bring on 200000 ants at once so that we can cripple even the most powerful processor.

Also yep these are all coming out unless the dev's have abandoned them for some reason.
well, cpu vs gpu limit and all that. But I will say that dramatic slowdown works for that game.

Steins;Gate - last updated 13 hours ago
Earth Defense Force - last updated 7 hours ago
Stranger of Sword City - a day ago
FFX/2-HD - 5 months ago
Phantom Brave - 5 months ago
Ray Gigant - 4 months ago
Code of Princess - a day ago
Everybodys gone the the rapture - five days ago

Eolz

Man, so happy if Degica is looking into the Code of Princess port now.
Interesting to see some updates on some of those games.

Ampsicora

confirmed.png

https://twitter.com/DegiGames/status/714911059761455104

11mru7.gif

Steins;Gate - last updated 13 hours ago
Earth Defense Force - last updated 7 hours ago
Stranger of Sword City - a day ago
FFX/2-HD - 5 months ago
Phantom Brave - 5 months ago
Ray Gigant - 4 months ago
Code of Princess - a day ago
Everybodys gone the the rapture - five days ago

Glad to see the EDF 4.1 port still seems to be in the works.

I came into this thread to specifically complain about how nothing seems to have come from EDF 4.1 so far, haha.

I'm sure I'll get a PS4 at some point, so if it doesn't come to PC I'll probably get it for that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As far as I know, nothing else has been said, so who knows when (if) it's ever coming. I'm losing hope :(

The app was last updated seven hours ago. It's definitely coming.

Sometimes apps are "bumped" because of a general backend change by Valve, but if you click through to the changenumber page, you'll know whether or not that was the case as Valve's tinkering affects many apps (e.g. here's the most recent Valve bump for EDF).

JaseC

They are sitting on FFX/X-2 HD like they are sitting on the FFIX remaster

Yes Silicon Studios admitted that they are waiting for the green light from Square

To be fair, Square's still tinkering with FFIX's app whereas FFX/X-2 HD has been gathering dust for seven months and counting. The general lack of activity on the latter in recent times may suggest that it's still not quite done and has been put on the backburner.

I very much doubt, in either case, that Squeenix is sitting on a complete product that functions entirely as intended, Steam features and all. No publisher genuinely hates money.

JaseC

Well, that's even worse somehow... The dream is dead.

Haha, well, the app in question hasn't been touched in months, so I'd say it's a wash: we've no evidence that Half-Life 3 is in active development, but said app hasn't been touched since it was uploaded, so even if it were indeed HL3, it wouldn't be in active development. Interestingly, the subs themselves have, but I'd guess that was Valve flexing its administrative muscle and forcibly changing the names. Come to think of it, we know there was some sort of loophole that allowed particularly enterprising users to bypass Greenlight, so I'm inclined to think that the app is practically nothing.

Top Bottom