• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

Anyone know if Sword of the Stars 2 had been patched into a playable state yet? I heard it was basically broken at launch, but it looks like they've been patching it.

From what I understand it's more playable than at launch, it's fairly stable, however there are still a lot of missing features and bugs left in there. I love the first Sword of the Stars and I'm holding off still.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uh-oh.

Wilflare helped me out with Shogun 2, but for some reason the DLC items were added to my inventory ahead of the game itself, so when I attempted to activate the first item, Steam spat an error, telling me it needs the base game; it also mentioned that the content will remain in my inventory until I've activated the game proper.

"No worries", I thought, adding the base game to my library, as well as the remaining DLC items. However, I now find myself without the aforementioned DLC item. It shows up in my account transaction history, but it's nowhere to be seen in my Steam inventory, despite the fact Steam told me I'd find it there.

In short: For fuck's sake, Valve.

Edit: It appeared and I unpacked it, and now the store page says I own the content. Weird. Crisis averted, nonetheless!

Edit: 21GB. Wat.

PaulLFC

Ha, LOTR is £20. I got it for £8 on GMG :D

Also, BUY MAFIA 2. Amazing, underrated game. A beautiful homage to all things gangster. Seriously.
Same, I saw the 20 quid "deal" price and laughed. £8 LOTR from GMG, now that's a deal.

And yes, buy Mafia 2. Loved what I played of it, still need to finish it though.

Trying to decide between Mafia II and Shogun 2. Neither are games that I traditionally purchase but I'm kind of looking to expand horizons and stuff. I guess the weakling's way out is to buy both.

Weenerz

Banned
Reviews aren't too friendly, either. Holding off for the time being, I think.

Back on! I liked those controls. Man I don't know what to do about this one ;p

It's been a while since I have played it, but it wasn't nearly as enjoyable as Zombie Driver. I'm stuck at work, or I'd link a video of some gameplay.

Jasoco

Banned
I am going to buy the two Left4Dead games because I've always been interested in them. As well as Edge. I already have it on my iPad though, but it's cheap enough. I probably won't play it ever though. Maybe I will. Too bad it doesn't have game syncing between the Steam version and iOS versions.

Anybody need help buying from the US steam store? Still 3 more hours left to grab Dead Space 2 for $5. PM me your steam id.

Also uncensored copies if you are living in one of those countries.

I have to add my voice to the Binding of Isaac recommendations. I've gotten 30+ hours of play out of this game, and the soundtrack is all kinds of awesome. Buy it!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A kind friend who'm I really don't talk too all that much just gifted me Dead Space 2 from the sale yesterday. I had 24 coal and though that I may craft some before the sale ended. 3 crafts, 3 coupons. 50% off Airline Tycoon, 50% off Section 8 Prejudice, and 50% off Oblivion GOTY. I know I will likely use the Oblivion one when that goes on sale but damn, I wish I would have got at least 1 game damnit!

Prophane33

Is there anymore DLC coming out for Shogun? If so I may just wait for a complete version. However, at this price and the fact that I own literally all the other Total War games makes it tempting.

Also worth if for the left 4 dead 1+2 pack, or should I just grab 2?

What is the facebook objective? Where can i see all this objectives?
Open the store page. Click the great gift pile. Enjoy.

Its simple. Just link your facebook account. Ones you're done remove Steam from your facebook apps.

I got coal for it. At least it wasn't a coupon...
Edit: Crafted coal: got Flatout (meh...I have the sequel) and 25% OFF Deep Silver :(

vazel

Banned
Is there anymore DLC coming out for Shogun? If so I may just wait for a complete version. However, at this price and the fact that I own literally all the other Total War games makes it tempting.

Also worth if for the left 4 dead 1+2 pack, or should I just grab 2?
All the maps in L4D1 were ported over into L4D2. You get the benefits of the gameplay additions from L4D2(melee weapons and more types of special infected).

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
wastelandangel_english.jpg

Yeah I know I got excited too.

coopolon

Had 4 achievements today, finally got a game - Gratuitous Space Battles. I was really excited despite knowing nothing about the game ... until I realized I already got it in the HiB.

Zaphod

I am going to buy the two Left4Dead games because I've always been interested in them. As well as Edge. I already have it on my iPad though, but it's cheap enough. I probably won't play it ever though. Maybe I will. Too bad it doesn't have game syncing between the Steam version and iOS versions.

Left 4 Dead 2 has all the maps and characters from Left 4 Dead in it so you might pass on the original.

...and beaten by a Rocketeer.

duckroll

Fuck this fucking goddamn fuck shit. Today's haul so far:

50% off Dogfighter (it's 75% off right now!)

33% off Football Manager 2012

#&%)*#&)%(&#(%)($

I'm not even getting coal anymore. >_<

Askani

I won't be buying Mafia II right now, sorry. Need that magic $5.

That being said, how is the first Mafia game? I'm probably getting it anyway, but impressions would be nice. Review scores seem to favor it.

Jasoco

Banned
So should I forget the first L4D if the second has all the maps? What do you not get? I am only interested in single-player mode though. No multi-player. I am only in it for the story.

Yay finally got a game from the pile. ArcaniA - Gothic 4. I don't know what that is but I'll take it.
Does anyone know how long the Binding of Isaac achievement takes to complete? I assume it's a bit of a time investment since you have to get up to a boss?

I'm thinking about Mafia II for today. Is it kinda like a GTA sandbox-y type of game?

Zaphod

So should I forget the first L4D if the second has all the maps? What do you not get? I am only interested in single-player mode though. No multi-player. I am only in it for the story.

There isn't much story but I enjoyed playing the game single player. There is not anything missing from the first game levels in L4D2 that I know of.

1-D_FTW

I'm sure Edge will be included in a hundred different indie bundles soon enough, but I just bought it. Demo is much better than I expected.

vazel

Banned
The story is very basic. There are no cutscenes, you have to infer the story through bits and pieces here and there. If you don't want to play versus you should at least play co-op. The offline AI is very very very stupid.

plc268

Fuck this fucking goddamn fuck shit. Today's haul so far:

50% off Dogfighter (it's 75% off right now!)

33% off Football Manager 2012

#&%)*#&)%(&#(%)($

I'm not even getting coal anymore. >_<

Dogfighter sucks. You should check out Skydrift though. It's a different style of game, but it's fucking fantastic and honestly needs more people online.

Edit: Oh... I thought you bought it. Reading comprehension fail.

MooMoo

Sweet. The Facebook achievement got me a free 'The Void' game. Never heard of it though lol. Also, another day without buying anything and supposedly only two more days of new deals. I'm hoping Darksiders goes on sale one day.

Piano

Banned
So what are the best Total War games? I played Rome back in the day and loved the shit out of it (mostly the turn based overworld part...I suck at RTSs) but haven't touched the series since.

Also debating picking up the original Unreal Tournament for $2.50

Just skip to 2. As many have already said there isn't much story to the games, but the L4D2 characters are significantly more interesting, the atmosphere and environment are more engaging, and companion AI isn't completely horrible. It isn't great by any means but it's nowhere near as bad as L4D1. I enjoyed both of 'em for their single player components, but I wouldn't go back to L4D1.

Where are you Anno? :(

I know right :(

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Got my first free game from the achievements - Cthulu Saves the World/Breath of Death double pack >.<

Great games, but I own them, as does most of my friends list, and I've gifted it to like 15 different people already as it is.

I like the extensions on the daily deals. They let me show less paypal spam on my CC at the end of the month. I got the binding of Issac and 2 of the 2D Serious Sam games. My poor wishlist only has 2 games left. I doubt they will be a daily deal, but I shall wait like a good mindless drone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom