• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

Games that were 2014 on Steam, but were 2013 or earlier elsewhere are okay for GOTY votes right?

edit: nevermind, I see.

Vecks

I don't think I played much new stuff this year on steam. Just mostly been playing older games. Going to take a while to think about this one.

I wonder if that guy who says working at DICE is better ever met the folks at Trauma Studios.

In case you don't know who they were... well, Battlefield 1942 was a World War 2 themed game. A mod team known as Trauma made a 'modern combat' mod for the game called Desert Combat and it exploded in popularity. There's an argument to be made that they started the initial craze of modern military shooters that is all pervasive in the industry today.

So, this mod team made a fantastic BF1942 mod. DICE actually hired them to work on Battlefield 2, which unsurprisingly, was a modern combat shooter. A few days before BF2 released, DICE fired everyone at Trauma and shut down the studio.

Yea. The stick is so far up this guys ass that it could be used as an extraterrestrial antenna.

Monooboe

Considering if I should go back to Wolfenstein to see if I will think the same about it now or if I should vote according to how I remember it?o_O

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Should post a link to the new thread before you lock it! That is how I end up never going to threads that get thrown into community.

Can I get an example vote post to understand the format? I don't get the "why I want this game as GOTY" part, is that for just the number one game?

Turfster

I did my part.

Also, I'm going to break my own rule, sort of, and post a non-exhaustive list of things I'm especially looking forward to next year that haven't been hyped up before - or that I haven't mentioned yet in one of my other posts. Yes, it has a lot of stealth games. Shut up =p

Jørdan

Magnificent start to the year.

Also a fan of the voting system, not having to pour my heart out over each title means I'm more likely to submit one - I think I can scrape together five choices.

iosefe

Also, I'm going to break my own rule, sort of, and post a non-exhaustive list of things I'm especially looking forward to next year that haven't been hyped up before - or that I haven't mentioned yet in one of my other posts. Yes, it has a lot of stealth games. Shut up =p

ಠ_ಠ

Can I get an example vote post to understand the format? I don't get the "why I want this game as GOTY" part, is that for just the number one game?
it is only for number one choice. so guess like this?
Code:
This War Of Mine (2 points)
Divnity: OS (3 points)
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (4 points)
Dark Souls 2 (5 points)
Why I want this game as GOTY: Dark Souls 2 is a formidable sequel to one of the best action games ever made. 
It is very challenging but thanks to its great mechanics never leave an impression of being "cheap". 
Enormous replay value, customization and different tactics make it easily one of the games to play many years to come.
i've put dozens of hours already into it and will likely do countless more while never getting bored - but enraged from time to time.

it is only for number one choice. so guess like this?
Code:
Game 5 (1 point) : INSERT GAME NAME HERE
Game 4 (2 points) : this war of mine
Game 3 (3 points) : divnity os
Game 2 (4 points) : mgs ground zeroes
Game 1  (5 points) : dark souls 2
Why I want this game as GOTY: dark souls 2 is a formidable sequel to one of the best action games ever amde. 
it is very challenging but the great mechanics never leave an impression of being "cheap". 
enormous replay value, customization and different tactics make it easily one of the games to play many years to come.
i've put dozens of hours already into it and will likely do countless more while never getting bored - but enraged from time to time.
Thank you!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hello new thread, hello friends.

Is there a way to turn off the constant scrolling down when it comes to Steam store website's search? In Opera 12 it still works as I want to, via pages, but not on Chromium and the like browsers.
For example if I want to look at all the games of 2014 I just give this link and it's 25 by page. I try it on Opera 26, Chrome, Firefox, etc it's just a constant scroll that will only show games released earlier than that (not to mention be a very long page quickly).

It makes it very hard to search for specific periods of time.

All very interesting games I'm looking forward to as well, but high and above is The Girl and The Robot for how much love is going into making the game, and I'm a sucker for anything that reminds me of Studio Ghibli

Chariot

1024x573.resizedimage

You're creepy, sis :(

voted for Dragon Age as GOTY. Come at me.

yes, not steam. blah blah blah.

assume nomination doesn't require a full playthrough?

if it did, no one would be able to vote.

yes

I did my part.

you monster.

Just sent the voting PM, sorry Arthea...
Game 5 (1 point) : The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Game 4 (2 points) : Hexcells Plus
Game 3 (3 points) : Valkyria Chronicles
Game 2 (4 points) : Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
Game 1 (5 points) : Might & Magic X - Legacy

Mine's in.

Game 5 (1 point) : Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition
Game 4 (2 points) : Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
Game 3 (3 points) : Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Game 2 (4 points) : The Evil Within
Game 1 (5 points) : Dark Souls 2

voted for Dragon Age as GOTY. Come at me.

yes, not steam. blah blah blah.

if it did, no one would be able to vote.

yes

you monster.

(1) For GAF GOTY or Steam GOTY? I think we're looking at a BioInf scandal again if the latter...
(2) Lies. I've beaten all 5 of the games on my list and 100%'ed at least 3 of them (almost 4).
(3) Who cares. It's optional.
(4) Hey, if he wants to join the list of the fallen... that's totally his call.

Sent the list. Forgot to vote last year(i think), but not today :p
Hope the results are as "fun" to read like last year.

Game 5 (1 point) : South Park: The Stick of Truth
Game 4 (2 points) : Dark Souls 2
Game 3 (3 points) : Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Game 2 (4 points) : The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Game 1 (5 points) : Wolfenstein: The New Order

Khronico

My PC GOTY list
Game 5 (1 point) : Breach & Clear
Game 4 (2 points) : Insurgency
Game 3 (3 points) : NEO Scavenger
Game 2 (4 points) : Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Game 1 (5 points) : Endless Legend

If we are counting non pc games, my overall true GOTY is
Wolfenstein The New Order

Monooboe

My PC GOTY list
Game 5 (1 point) : Breach & Clear
Game 4 (2 points) : Insurgency
Game 3 (3 points) : NEO Scavenger
Game 2 (4 points) : Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
Game 1 (5 points) : Endless Legend

If we are counting non pc games, my overall true GOTY is
Wolfenstein The New Order

But that's available on Steam, even if you did play it console wouldn't it still be eligible?

Is anyone elses activity feed out of whack at the moment? It seems to indicate about 3 days passing since yesterday and there was a very short day around the time jasec bought all the games.

If we are counting non pc games, my overall true GOTY is Wolfenstein The New Order
it's on steam. should be totally ok to include it in your vote.

just checked my library and turns out i have way more games released in 2014 than i thought o_O

i think i'll play some of them before the vote ends. wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom