• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm sure Gamestop doesn't want to jeopardize any good will as The Saints Row pricing mistake is the most amount of money they've made from their DD.

Veggie are you playing a PS One port of Dark Souls?
nGe5am1.png
I have to admit, palying it at the visual "fidelity" I am, gives me oldschool console vibes.

I dig the retro pixel-look Dark Souls has.

Just passing by with some news on the Indie Royale Mystery Bundle 3. It seems Desura might have leaked 6 more of the games as in if you go on to the Desura page for the game it says "The Mystery 3 Bundle" under the bundles section for these:
Monsters and Medicine (not steam)
Real Warfare 1242
Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle (not steam)
The Few
Smooth Operators: Call Center Chaos
Super Cyborg (greenlit)
Source: Some Reddit posters

Hope that doesn't turn out to be a mistaken listing as I like the look of Smooth Operators.
Captain Morgane and The Few have already been added. Morgane says it's a Steam key. I haven't heard of any of the games, so I have no real opinion, but it's a great value regardless at 99 cents. Smooth Operators doesn't look like my type of game, but it seems fun for what it is, so I'll definitely try it out.

What does 7/7 mean? That you have them all? So, would you say this is a worthy purchase for those of us who don't have most/all of the games in the bundle?

MUnited83

For you.
New Bundlestars(there will be a new one every day this week)

Wrack - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
DARK - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
BlazeRush - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Onikira: Demon Killer
Super Toy Cars - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Magnetic By Nature - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Silence of the Sleep
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight
The Detail - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Z - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)

http://bstars.co/kklcqE
This bundle is INSANE. Buy it.

Turfster

Bundlestars Fully Loaded bundle
Price: 5.25€
  • Wrack
  • DARK
  • Blaze Rush
  • Onikira
  • Super Toy Cars
  • Magnetic By Nature
  • Silence of the Sleep
  • The Joylancer
  • The Detail
  • Z

They're doing a bundle fest, 5 Days, 10 bundles.

Well.

Ascendant - Roguelike action-platformer. It's eh...it's okay I guess. It's just part of a genre that's rapidly getting tired.

Fist of Awesome - More traditional beatemup..though I don't know how traditional you can expect when your health refills like Call of Duty. Otherwise it's just mundane. Lot of punching the same thing over and over again.

Fist of Jesus - SHIT http://steamcommunity.com/id/pepsimanvsjoe/recommended/321110

Reaper: Tale of a Pale Swordsman - A smartphone game. Not really a beatemup either. You just get ambushed by monsters, fight your way out, upgrade your equipment. It's definitely designed for touch-screens (you attack normally by getting close to enemies, you only press buttons to do special moves).

Super Comboman - Not sure what to think about this one, I haven't gotten out of the tutorial stage. However, you know it's a bad sign when the Steam reviews are described as "mixed".
That is very disappointing. :( It's making me second-guess whether I should buy the bundle.

But LOL at your review of Fist of Jesus. Holy shit, that sounds like a train-wreck. I guess I didn't expect anything less though.

Dr Dogg

I have to admit, palying it at the visual "fidelity" I am, gives me oldschool console vibes.

I dig the retro pixel-look Dark Souls has.

Hahaha well that's higher than the typical 240x320 rendering resolution of most PS One games but a bit lower than the PS2 which was 448x512, well vertically (games that supported widescreen 16:9 presentations like RE4 and FFXII were anamorphic).

Still each to their own, different stokes for different folks etc. :p

Zafir

This was the first time that I'd received that ID/Passport request after a few purchases from them. It's an odd request to make after charging my paypal account, but they ended up issuing me a refund after I e-mailed them. I'll refrain from using or mentioning the site from now on. Hope Dragon1893 gets his refund asap.

From what I understand they got hit by a lot of fraudulent buyers or something last year so now they've started doing it. Of course, it means legitimate buyers are put off. I wouldn't send a company my id.

user237

What does 7/7 mean? That you have them all? So, would you say this is a worthy purchase for those of us who don't have most/all of the games in the bundle?

That's a pretty decent bundle for $1.49 aside from the fact that they've all been bundled before. Much better than something like the Hostile Reaction bundle on Indie Gala.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd only want Dark and Joylancer, but I'm not sure about $5.
I'm unemployed right now, cut me some slack.

Dr Dogg

Bundle Rubbish accounted for ~75% of my acquisitions last year and half the reason why I'm trying to rein in my purchases this year. 280-300ish games in a year is not a good thing regardless of it costing next to nothing if you're not even coming close to installing them let alone playing, or perish the thought, beating them.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Please don't be shit.

It reminds me of that mod/scenario that was shipped with Beyond the Sword, Final Frontier, more than it does Alpha Centauri, and that's okay.

Silence of the Sleep

Everyone buy this for Silence of the Sleep.

MUnited83

For you.
I need Wrack, The Detail,Z and Magnetic by Nature. If anyone is interested I could split a bundle with someone.

I'd only want Dark and Joylancer, but I'm not sure about $5.
I'm unemployed right now, cut me some slack.
2.5$ sounds better? :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why would it be UbiArt when it's 2.5D?

UbiArt is 2.5D engine, but Chronicles seems to take it a bit further than the usual "3D space presented as a 2D plane" with levels rotating at certain points. There were rumours last year of a 2.5D Prince of Persia game being built using UbiArt and I'd hardly be shocked if, similar to how the AssCreed 1 was originally a next-gen Prince of Persia, that's how Chronicles came about.

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Magnetic By Nature -- MB-42C6507BF9A8493D - Taken by Mr. Doop. 1 entrants total.
Wrack -- MB-9B1D7262AE1CCC2B - Taken by Baschta. 4 entrants total.
Z -- MB-A26341D6A45FA0BF - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
The Joylancer: Legendary Motor Knight -- MB-9E71FFA5F79B51F1 - Taken by Polishin8r. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DARK -- MB-2DF1C90729B77D15 - Taken by fspm. 5 entrants total.
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-E4FEC546D3C4FACF - Taken by PunishedSnake. 3 entrants total.
Super Toy Cars -- MB-151600AFD95DF080 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
The Detail -- MB-753BD505AD33EBBC - Taken by redlacs. 3 entrants total.
Onikira: Demon Killer -- MB-7504B86174CE94ED - Taken by xezuru. 2 entrants total.
BlazeRush -- MB-A1BF45995C77DBBE - Taken by HBP. 2 entrants total.

t1421690733z1.png

Parsnip

Silence of the Sleep

A bundle that I don't own a single game from. A rare occurrence indeed.

AHA-Lambda

The major problem with Gat Out of Hell is that the series' other traditional methods of delivering jokes – its mission design and scripting – are almost entirely absent. Instead, its mission givers offer playlists of open world mini-game activities. Saints Row IV did this too, but only as a diversion between the main missions. Here, there are no missions. Your job is to complete activities until you've caused enough carnage to attract Satan's wrath. Do so, and you'll unlock the final boss fight. The entire process took me around five hours – albeit with plenty of other activities left on the map.

Wow, that sounds bollocks =/

http://www.pcgamer.com/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-review/

Jawmuncher

Fuck. This is just cause 2 all over again for me.

-----------

From the Dysfunctional Systems Kickstarter

It's taking a long time to receive my refund. Why?
We can only send refunds when we have the money to do so. It's a lot of money, so it could take several years to refund everyone. I'm sorry about this, but there isn't much I can do about it.

Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom