• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

None of those are real issues, they just make the game a bit harder.

The only problem that I had was with weapons deterioration. But this actually forced me not to rely on just 1 or 2 weapons.

In a way, the issues that Dark Souls 2 has when running at 60 fps actually improved my experience.

Actually, I didn't even know these were issues until I came across that thread. I thought that that was the way the game was supposed to play.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Dead Rising 3 was so disappointing. They made the game so boring by removing all the challenge.
Eh, I personally love building weapons, vehicles and then proceed to mow down a gazillion zombies. It's so... relaxing.

Uh-oh..

Also I just finished The Grand Budapest Hotel. What a wonderful, silly movie.

Saoirse is captivating as ever.
I loved it, and I wouldn't call it silly.
It's so heartwarming and
so fucking heartbreaking, I felt really sorry for Zero at the end ;_;

Go into the Win10 hype thread. Some people seem to really not like Steam and apparently would rather buy their games on Origin or MS' imaginary new shop because customer service or something.
To be fair, most seem ambivalent with only one user saying that he basically wants GFWL2.0 every few posts.

The most bizarre thing about the PS3 is that if you buy a digital game you still have to download the updates separately -- the build you purchase is the original. I don't know if Sony fixed this for PSN 2.0 but I'd certainly hope so.
It is, and still does that.
Which is weird, because when you download updates you only get the latest one, so it's not like it's useful for downgrading to a specific version or anything of the sort.

Harry Potter and the Game of Thrones.
LOL
Considering how Rowling mentioned that the death in her books made her cry a lot as she was writing them, something like that would break her :p

Aeris in FF7 can be reviewed using Level 4 Revive Materia.
Spoiler warning.
I can review Aeris without using any materia.

Good question, not sure about that but to be fair download, patch installs, basically everything got a LOT faster on PS4. I'm pretty sure you don't even need to download and install each consecutive patch separately to get to the latest version.
You didn't need to do that on PS3 either, unless some game did it and I'm not aware of it.
PS4 at least treats the updates as any normal download, and when you start to download a game the update if available is automatically queued.

I don't have the money for it as work stuffed up the taxation on my pay and I didn't pick up on this for a few weeks, so in the here and now I'm down over $700 (I'll get it all back come tax time). I'd been trying to get it sorted out for the past week and finally managed to get the form I needed earlier today, but when I went back to the invoice office no more than 6 or 7 minutes later, they'd already left for the day even though it was barely 2:30pm. Pays are finalised on Tuesdays (which is tomorrow) so there's a very real chance that I'll be losing around 40% of mine pay yet again.
Damn, that sucks D:
Going to have to kick some fools around or something.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
With birthday threads you know at least someone got laid.

There are few things that can be said of GAF in aggregate, but the posters being black, Canadian, gay, and created from artificial insemination are among the universal qualities.

fallout

My understanding is he made at least the first Ace Patrol game almost entirely by himself (it's quite fun too). In his defense, he's never been one to try to take credit away from others (look at Brian Reynolds for example), he just got turned into a "brand" a long time ago and there's not much that can be done about it now. At least he didn't turn into Peter Molyneux.
Indeed. The whole Sid Meier's <insert Firaxis game> is something that he's very reluctantly agreed to for marketing purposes. He also contributes to the design of many of Firaxis' games, even if only at a high level. E.g., Jake Solomon discusses using Sid as a sounding board in a Tone Control podcast.

Dr Dogg

What games do you guys think the Never Settle Rewards will have this year? I'm hoping for Life is Strange at least.

Western developed title published by Squenix? Pretty much odds on that it will. I'd imagine the other regular AMD sponsored franchises will get a look in as well like Battlefield (might be GPU specific like 4 was though).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This was added to all AssCreed Unity Gold Edition/Season Pass subs a little while ago. It's presumably AssCreed Chronicles (the Season Pass was set to contain just it and Dead Kings, if memory serves), in which case it must be around the corner (hopefully I can run the bloody thing, haha).

According to a reddit person, Valve has added a new anti-phisher comment system:

Valve has added a new anti-phisher comment system. We dont know if this info is how it realy works, but i think this is how it works: If an account gets hacked, or you locked your account then all your placed comments will be changed into blank messages. Hope i can keep you up-to-date.

Someone should verify.

Turfster

REmaster is now up on Nuuvem btw, for 35R$ (13.34$, 11.48€)

Bundlestars store deals:
  • Lovely Planet 75% off
  • Not the robots 90% off
  • No time to explain 80% off
  • Men of War 2 Assault Squad 75% off
  • Edna & Harvey games 80% off
  • Tristoy 25% off + extra copy

Ban Puncher

(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;)
Of course there are friggn tentacles in Sakura Angels.

tumblr_ngphrj3UvP1sc66cvo1_400.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You mean that 'striking a dead body causes an ungodly amount of durability damage when set to 60 fps' is fine?

I'm plowing through NG+ right now and it hasn't effected me in the slightest. Bonfires are like every two feet in the game. I don't think I've had to switch a weapon for durability reasons once this run. I guess I'm just too good at the game.

I'll trade that risk for 60 fps all day every day.

This was added to all AssCreed Unity Gold Edition/Season Pass subs a little while ago. It's presumably AssCreed Chronicles (the Season Pass was set to contain just it and Dead Kings, if memory serves), in which case it must be around the corner (hopefully I can run the bloody thing, haha).

I hope it's a separate download since I already finished Dead Kings (and did everything but the terribly design co-op mission) and deleted Unity for a second time.

Yeah, I forgot how atrocious the default 30 feels compared to the unlocked FPS setting. I'm so glad I got my 100% achievement runs in before all this shit went down.
I'm playing at 25fps with 437p.
Will this new DS1 patch affect me too or is it only bad for +30fps players?
Is the general consensus that the Lost Crowns DLC for Dark Souls 2 is worth it, and is there anywhere you can find these cheaper than $24.99?
Damn, you made me remember that I also don't have the DLC yet. And I fear with the new version coming soon buying the DLC season pass separate will become impossible :/
Went through my bundle backlog and found the following shitty devs not honouring their key commitments (some ignoring all questions, some trying to pull the "you bought a key for my /regular/ edition. the /steam/ edition has over 45 seconds of new content so you're not entitled to a key for it."

The Body Changer Forum Thread 1 - Forum Thread 2 0 users playing now, 4 all-time peak
Hippocampal: The White Room Forum Thread 1 - Forum Thread 2 - 0 users playing now, 4 all-time peak 51% negative reviews PUBLISHED BY STRATEGY FIRST
Roaming Fortress - Forum Thread 1 0 playing now, 13 all-time peak

A reminder that Steam keys cost nothing to create and distribute.
Well, I would become slightly mad when Rougesky devs wouldn't give me a steam key for buying the game from them directly.

Then again is was only 34cents. But the principle would nag me.
Man, Autumn 2015 can't come soon enough...
Gonna be honest. Saw that gif a long time ago already but after watching the trailer I have to say the game doesn't look like it is going to be about that mainly at all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gamesrocket aren't making the cancellation of my order easy. They insist that I should send them an id shot. Sigh...

That's pretty typical of them from what I've read online. It's the reason why I specifically exclude them from the price lookups in Enhanced Steam (even though they are featured on IsThereAnyDeal).

Dr Dogg

I hope it's a separate download since I already finished Dead Kings (and did everything but the terribly design co-op mission) and deleted Unity for a second time.

I'm actually curious how much Ubi are going to charge for it, since essentially it's a separate game and Dead Kings was the only other meaty content of the Season Pass. £14-19.99 coming up.

Miguel81

That's pretty typical of them from what I've read online. It's the reason why I specifically exclude them from the price lookups in Enhanced Steam (even though they are featured on IsThereAnyDeal).

This was the first time that I'd received that ID/Passport request after a few purchases from them. It's an odd request to make after charging my paypal account, but they ended up issuing me a refund after I e-mailed them. I'll refrain from using or mentioning the site from now on. Hope Dragon1893 gets his refund asap.

Tizoc

Nice video Fanto, also your voice is sexy <3
BTW, you don't have to shoot at that zombie, you can have Barry kill it :p

Goddamnit. If I had waited another couple of hours the game would've been available on nuuvem.
Dante81 says he got a refund without much hassle though.

Chariot

Part 1 - Part 2

Here we go again. As always: all links are potentially NSFW and could influence your relationships with friends, family and the people you actually like forever. So be aware where you open these things. For that matter be aware were you read the entire post. People could smell the shit that is Sakura Angels.

LqA0Kog.jpg

The next day starts and the first thing that happens is the bathroom cliche.
Kenta walks right into Shit 2 to discover her changing after a shower. Snore.

8AQWATJ.jpg

The hell is with this kid and his obsession in coming on time in school?
I mean, there are monsters out for him and magical angel girls using his shower.
Getting to class on time shouldn't be priority number one.

GXPsd39.jpg

Magnificent writing. Stephen King would turn in his grave? He is not dead you say?
Well, he is after reading this turd.

gT9fmLI.jpg

3MhIcD2.jpg

The choices are super boring and it feels like they have even less impact than
the choices in TWD. I chose to let the angels cook and eat their food, which was
apparently pretty disgusting. I also let Kenta eat breakfast with Shit 2 on the rooftop.
Sadly they only bounded a bit instead of giving me the option of kicking her from the roof.

lel9Vfa.jpg

After school they go home on the same route were the enemy black angel lady thing
awaits again. Which is all kind of stupid, even if the game tries to lampshade it.

R5wlHId.jpg

They fight again, apparently now with a plan. Because the angels finally work together
and made a plan. Good that I as a reader didn't know any of this because the game was
occupied with showing me underwear. Speaking of underwear...

Of course Shit 1's clothes get shredded while she somehow remains unharmed in the fight.
Mind you: the enemy fights with a scythe.

After acting embarrassed (but honestly, I was much more embarrassed) they reveal
that she can actual regenerate her clothes. And while that HILLARIOUS scene plays
the villain sneaks behind Kenta and attacks him. But with the power of plot armor he
sidesteps her and she declares that she is now beaten for the day and vanishes.
Huzzah.

uqwacBq.jpg

Sorry, you accidentally the what?

Then tentacles appear.

Of course they do.
The cute demon dogs appear also. While Shit 2 get's squished by the tentacles,
Shit 1 is sitting between the doggies who are apparently do nothing but stare at here.
Kenta now decides that he wanna be the hero and the game has the first choice that
feels remotely relevant.

ISMmuVe.jpg

Kenta has to decide to either help Shit 1 or Shit 2. Since I just picked the first choice
every time a choice appeared, Kenta decided to save Shit 1 from man's best friend.
He succeeds in failing, but manages to disattract the dogs so Shit 1 can shoot them
with her bow. Shit 2 gets saved afterwards anyways, so I this was just yet another
bounding point choice. Stupid archer took no point into sidestep.

5bPEvj4.jpg

This is the lamest survival game I ever played, and I bought the War Z.

Sorry for the short post with the mini text bulk at the end, but the game just doesn't
give me much to work with. This is all what happened in the game day and I couldn't
directly show the two pictures of the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom