• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

3 videos for grim fandango remastered explaining how they mostly did nothing? amazing :)

It's an hour long montage of Double Fine employees shrugging sheepishly. Then you have the extended dance remix versions as a bonus.

Those are some pretty good summaries for the videos. It could easily have been done in one video, which would also have been pretty meh. I don't think it is much of a project best suited to a making of. Hearing about the making of the original is the only interesting part

3E98DB4B29B931B961FC9D53DC79CB411FA4838E

Yep, it worked.
I think in a day I can translate the whole game, dunno if I really want to do it.

You should charge them for your services! I'm sure you could post it on the forum and get a lot of attention if no one else is up to the challenge. Maybe you'll become the Durante of multilingual games

So now that there has been an influx of anime games (and visual novels), does anybody know if any of them have achievements with an icon of panties?

Um, for research?

Chariot

So now that there has been an influx of anime games (and visual novels), does anybody know if any of them have achievements with an icon of panties?

Um, for research?
I don't think so. Only anime game on steam where I could imagine panties is HuniePop, which doesn't have achievements. Only other games that may or may not involve sex in their original form are If My Heart Had Wings and NekoPara, both have achievements, but no panties (and no sex in the steam version for that matter).

I don't think so. Only anime game on steam where I could imagine panties is HuniePop, which doesn't have achievements. Only other games that may or may not involve sex in their original form are If My Heart Had Wings and NekoPara, both have achievements, but no panties (and no sex in the steam version for that matter).
There's one for Borderlands, strangely enough, which I was gifted long ago, but I don't know if I can play it after having spent so much time in the sequel.

Deitus

Um, for research?

Well, a google search turned up the following:

9731d56e89ebba599693f7ed880155419ce9df0b.jpg

Borderlands

and

f898b7440dd4529087f9ed7805d4e1081bc0de38.jpg

Cave Story+

Not sure if that's what you were looking for.

Borderlands

and

Cave Story+

I have the one for Cave Story (and Epic Battle Fantasy 4).

I searched on astats, but didn't find anything beyond these three.

Chariot

There's one for Borderlands, strangely enough, which I was gifted long ago, but I don't know if I can play it after having spent so much time in the sequel.

Borderlands

and

Cave Story+

Ok, I need to tweet that to the HuniePop dev. It simple can not be that we're missing out on the panties.

Anteater

I still don't understand how to use GeDoSaTo.

You mostly just have to activate it and run the game, most you have to do is adding a game to whitelist (or if a game is supported, it's already on the whitelist), or edit an ini and change resolution, not harder than what you usually do in a game.

The readme explains everything

Knurek

I really love that we're clear of the Gaming side filth.

I mean, really:

Hiko> Yes, I'm sure a penny pinching company like SE will dedicate time and pull resources off other projects just to port an old FF game to PC.
Grief.exe> Well, Square's ongoing strategy has been to use time and resources to port older FF games to Steam.
Hiko> You mean those FF games which already had PC versions? I'm sure those were really hard to put up on Steam...

Don't you just love console warriors and their reality warping fields?

fantomena

Ravens Cry - Stealth release of the year so far.

It's like the devs/pub didn't want anyone to buy it, so they just released it in silence.

Topware have not even written anything on their twitter since july last year.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I really love that we're clear of the Gaming side filth.

I mean, really:

Hiko> Yes, I'm sure a penny pinching company like SE will dedicate time and pull resources off other projects just to port an old FF game to PC.
Grief.exe> Well, Square's ongoing strategy has been to use time and resources to port older FF games to Steam.
Hiko> You mean those FF games which already had PC versions? I'm sure those were really hard to put up on Steam...

Don't you just love console warriors and their reality warping fields?

But how else can I be enlightened by gaming side's Japanese culture experts?

FF9, FF10 and FF12 will never go to non sony platforms.

DO you know of some deal others do not?

nothing concrete but i've heard of an honor deal. Honor and your word is a big thing in Japan. I believe the games will remain exclusive to sony platforms.

Zafir

I was expecting something smooth since the game didn't look all that demanding graphic wise instead I got some pretty weird performance.
I just tried it again and, apart from no weird freezes during the opening naval battle I was getting low fps as soon as I left the ship (26 at most walking around).
I tried to put each setting off or at the minimum possible to see if one of the settings would do the trick to let me get a smooth experience... I ended up with everything off/minimum and the game looking like this:

but my fps only going up to 46. Feels really weird and annoying.
I was fine during the tutorial, but now I'm out of it and into Bridgetown, my frame rate is all over. Sometimes it manages to stay above 40, and then sometimes it just drops all the way down to 20. :I I have got AA all the way up, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.
Ravens Cry - Stealth release of the year so far.

It's like the devs/pub didn't want anyone to buy it, so they just released it in silence.

Topware have not even written anything on their twitter since july last year.

Considering the state its been released in, it seems like they just want to get it out because it became a money sink.

There seems to be a solid foundation somewhere underneath, but the rest seems rather rushed. It feels like it needed even more time, really.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fucking piece of shit. I did this: https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/560924871602237442

And now the Free to Play video is sitting in my installed library all the time. I can't watch it because it says "Purchase". I can't hide it like other games because apparently I don't own it, but it is in my library, in my installed section.

I don't have OCD, but this is some big sack og poop and shitfuck.

Here's a novel idea: don't try beta stuff with the expectation that it will work properly. ;)

fantomena

Help me out here. I must be missing something. It's probably obvious and I just don't see it.

Well, on the bottom, the '2' has 3 possible places for blue. One on the left, and two on the right. So, there will be at least one on the right. This, thanks to the {6} will rule out the top '1' having blue on the right.

dex3108

Fucking piece of shit. I did this: https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/560924871602237442

And now the Free to Play video is sitting in my installed library all the time. I can't watch it because it says "Purchase". I can't hide it like other games because apparently I don't own it, but it is in my library, in my installed section.

I don't have OCD, but this is some big sack og poop and shitfuck.

Strange, for me entry is in Video section and i can watch it without issue.

Well, on the bottom, the '2' has 3 possible places for blue. One on the left, and two on the right. So, there will be at least one on the right. This, thanks to the {6} will rule out the top '1' having blue on the right.

The column with the (6). At the bottom, at least one has to be blue, so you can remove the top orange one in that column, beside the 1.

At least one of the Hex on 1 are full, so you can remove the hex 2.
http://i.picpar.com/3Rmb.png

Others already replied but I spent the minute to edit your picture in paint so might as well post it anyways~

Ohhh. Thanks so much. That's what I get for playing Hexcells the moment I wake up. -_-

I'm still debating with myself whether to pick up Evolve. I know Nuuvem is selling the "PC Monster Race Edition" for about $64 ($36 off the normal price). If I do get it I will go there as long as it says with no region locks which as of now it's still safe. I assumed the game was just MP only but you can set it to be solo and just play with AI. I have a little over a week to make up my mind I guess.

Jawmuncher

I'm still debating with myself whether to pick up Evolve. I know Nuuvem is selling the "PC Monster Race Edition" for about $64 ($36 off the normal price). If I do get it I will go there as long as it says with no region locks which as of now it's still safe. I assumed the game was just MP only but you can set it to be solo and just play with AI. I have a little over a week to make up my mind I guess.

I would totally wait if I was you. Unless you plan on absolutely killing MP for months to come. Since if you're just going solo all signs point to a quick price drop much like Bioshock Infinite because it's 2K. Can easily see it being on sale with numerous DLC by summer/winter on Steam. Plus the way it's set up, the community will be there I bet for a good bit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm still debating with myself whether to pick up Evolve. I know Nuuvem is selling the "PC Monster Race Edition" for about $64 ($36 off normal the price). If I do get it I will go there as long as it says with no region locks which as of now it's still safe. I assumed the game was just MP only but you can set it to be solo and just play with AI. I have a little over a week to make up my mind I guess.

I love how 2K screwed over early adopters by announcing higher-tier editions months after the game became available and completely ignored calls for upgrade options. It's the perfect example of how embarrassingly close-minded publishers are: "If we don't offer upgrade options, then surely they'll buy the full package!"

Tizoc

Some games you don't really play them for the gameplay, but rather the setting and theme keeps you playing on; is Raven's Cry such a game?

Dr Dogg

And here was me moaning about Resi 6 being hard. REmake is busting my chops, though more mentally than anything else. It must be about 7-8 years since I've played this and I've pretty much forgotten everything. I'm running back and forth across this fecking mansion, inventory full up so have no free slots when I need to grab a specific item from the area I'm in, or forget which one's I have to combine or juggle around to solve the puzzle, even have to peg it back to the item box because being an idiot brought the wrong assortment of knick knacks to the room I thought they were to be used for. Yet despite all of that I'm still having a blast. Why aren't more games like this anymore? Bloody homogenised industry.

Though if you want a real exercise in frustration try ordering some directly from Microsoft on their store. I't worse than having your teeth pulled out. My card expired with them years ago but haven't really been bothered to update it but getting it removed was a pain in itself. Then trying to use PayPal as a check out method kept on prompting me to provide a billing address without letting me enter one. This went back and forth for close to an hour just trying to check out, all to save a couple of quid on a Type Cover for my Surface Pro. Hardly seems worth it to be fair.

Maniac

Banned
Guys... A moment of silence, a press of F to pay respects. My magnificent fucking soundcard has died. It served me well for the past 11 years and will be missed.

I really don't have money for a new sodding card. :|

RIP in pieces Creative Labs SB0770 X-Fi Xtreme Gaming, you will be missed.

kudoboi

wait.. Evolve seriously have an edition called PC Monster Race?

Knurek

Guys... A moment of silence, a press of F to pay respects. My magnificent fucking soundcard has died. It served me well for the past 11 years and will be missed.

AC97 chip on your MB does not work?

Hugstable

Banned
Moesluts and loliwhores at least =X

lol but is the gameplay fun at least? :X

expect the unexpected ;)

lashman! I'm going into this game with no expectations at least haha.

Also how is the Resident Evil HD version on Steam? Gotten addicted to the game again (GC version was previously part of my top 5 favorite games of all time) and not that far off from getting the Platinum on PS4, but I really want to get the PC version and do even more playthroughs after checking out some of the character mods I saw. Does it atleast run at 60fps? Thought it was wierd that the console version couldn't run this game at 60 considering how old it is. Does the PC version also have the same issue with some of the music? Alot of the tracks in the console version just sound really off at times to me, don't know why.

rtcn63

RIP in pieces Creative Labs SB0770 X-Fi Xtreme Gaming, you will be missed.

You still have integrated audio?

Zafir

Some games you don't really play them for the gameplay, but rather the setting and theme keeps you playing on; is Raven's Cry such a game?

Meh, with the voices randomly cutting out every 5 minutes, I'm not sure I can even recommend it for that either. Especially not for the price they're charging on Steam. £36 is daylight robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom