• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
wait.. Evolve seriously have an edition called PC Monster Race?

I thought people already knew that since it's one of the images on the game's store page.

ss_5ef766d91199a0ea35822293f840292199991a1d.1920x1080.jpg

Kiru

Many of us got in on that ~$6 Evolve from the Asian price mistake awhile back. Still hoping the game is worth that much.

Would be cool if they would give us the Monster Race Edition... I mean back then there weren't any other Pre-Orders available...

Dr Dogg

Also how is the Resident Evil HD version on Steam? Gotten addicted to the game again (GC version was previously part of my top 5 favorite games of all time) and not that far off from getting the Platinum on PS4, but I really want to get the PC version and do even more playthroughs after checking out some of the character mods I saw. Does it atleast run at 60fps? Thought it was wierd that the console version couldn't run this game at 60 considering how old it is. Does the PC version also have the same issue with some of the music? Alot of the tracks in the console version just sound really off at times to me, don't know why.

Just as I remember it (or forgotten as is the case in my post above). Though the new control scheme, easier difficulty and hacked together 16:9 presentation (which scales and scams the image giving IQ a big hit) aren't my cup of tea but the original GC game is here intact and yes 60fps is a doddle to achieve. Not too sure on the CPU front as it does look more the case of a sequential load (with the graphics driver getting a big hit close to maxing one CPU core) but that's about the only reason, in terms of hardware, it wouldn't be able to get to 60 on the newer consoles. Some in the OT have said it's more than likely for consistency with the prerendered cutscenes and what not but I've got it runing at 3840x2160 and it's so light weight that my GPU downclocks itself to about two thirds and still only has a 50-60% load. That's 8 times as many pixels as what the PS4 and XO are pushing so surely they both have more in the tank.

Nonetheless they don't make 'em like this anymore.

Tizoc

Meh, with the voices randomly cutting out every 5 minutes, I'm not sure I can even recommend it for that either. Especially not for the price they're charging on Steam. £36 is daylight robbery.

I think I got it for like under $30 =V

Maniac

Banned
Durante really needs to start a consulting business. Every company doing ports should pay him to work on it for the last week and fix their issues.

Ports? Psshh, even devs who do native PC versions should consult him.

In fact, everyone should.

Zafir

I think I got it for like under $30 =V

Yeah that's pretty much the amount I paid, back before the Russian trading went down.

I'm not entirely sure whether it's worth even $30, I'm kind of undecided what I think about the game. I think I need to play the story more. The story may go somewhere interesting, but at the moment I'm just constantly having to do small things to move it on without it really developing much. At least the environments don't look terrible I guess.

The ship stuff may end up being decent, but at the start you're constantly being put into battles against multiple ships which you just can't take. Ground combat is a load of jank, though.

Hugstable

Banned
Blah, I knew some issues would come up in terms of my controller for PC since I havent' played much with my DS4 on steam since the fall, but after connecting it and trying to turn on the scp drivers, it gave me the "installing xbox360 controller" message like it hadn't been installed, when I knew everything was installed back in the fall and I never deleted anything. Now even with the SCP drivers on, I can't get any games to recognize my DS4. Really hope I don't have to redo everything all over again or something, I lost my links on what I'm supposed to do.

Turfster

Asked Linus and he recommends Asus' Xonar cards, so I'll have a look-see what those are about.

I have an (old-ass) Xonar D2X.
It's pretty great, and most driver problems it had at the start (like 7 years ago) are not a problem any more.

On vacation here, been out all month. Is the GOTY award voting closed?

Closed long ago... and then ORANGE got eaten by a grue.

Hugstable

Banned
Hmm so I got my controller working, and now I'm just guessing that Neptunia doesn't work with it? Seems to be the only game not recognizing my DS4 right now :(

EDIT: NVM I figured it out, I'm an idiot. Playing on console for the last few months made me dumb about PC settings for some reason >_>

Tizoc

I was gonna ask if I could make the Feb. thread....then I realized I can't.
...and even if I did, I'd just copy pasta some of what MRORANGE would normally post and just call it a day.

Hugstable

Banned
I was gonna ask if I could make the Feb. thread....then I realized I can't.
...and even if I did, I'd just copy pasta some of what MRORANGE would normally post and just call it a day.

What happened to Mr. ORANGE? Also I thought that was just a tag and you weren't an junior?

denx

I missed the voting. Oh well, it wasn't as if I played many games released last year. I probably would had difficulties trying to fill up even a Top 5.

Jørdan

+
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want.

Hexcells Plus -- MB-86BC3A0ED1037853 - Taken by mrks
Hexcells Plus #2 -- MB-F0C46339C3CF2AB0 - Taken by ramoisdead
Hexcells Plus #3 -- MB-9FEC55A1D333E240 - Taken by billmcdougal
Hexcells Plus #4 -- MB-FDDBB0945BDBD86F - Taken by Kirosia
Hexcells Plus #5 -- MB-A7791A610D66B7AB - Taken by Annubis

Jørdan

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Hexcells Plus -- MB-6A3FB4F41FA6B4C6 - Taken by Bayonetta

I missed out on a funny :(

Personally I'd just hang on to it rather than trade at a loss, Amazon price matches most of Steam's major sales.

That is a bad idea. Amazon directly sells game keys that activate on Steam. As long as you aren't only interested in niche indie titles, you don't need to purchase a Steam GC.

Amazon sells a lot of PC games that are redeemable on Steam. In other words, you buy the game on Amazon and they email you a code that you type into Steam, and your game appears in your library. Since Amazon discounts games frequently, I would just keep the Amazon credit if I were you, rather than convert to Steam credit at such a bad exchange rate.

An option would be to buy games from Amazon as steam keys. Amazon usually matches deals from Steam. (But not every game is available there).

Thanks for the suggestions. Too bad Amazon seems to sell nothing but the big $60 titles. Can't find any of the smaller games.

Miguel81

And here was me moaning about Resi 6 being hard. REmake is busting my chops, though more mentally than anything else. It must be about 7-8 years since I've played this and I've pretty much forgotten everything. I'm running back and forth across this fecking mansion, inventory full up so have no free slots when I need to grab a specific item from the area I'm in, or forget which one's I have to combine or juggle around to solve the puzzle, even have to peg it back to the item box because being an idiot brought the wrong assortment of knick knacks to the room I thought they were to be used for. Yet despite all of that I'm still having a blast. Why aren't more games like this anymore? Bloody homogenised industry.

It's too bad that they feel the audience isn't big enough to make these games in high quality like they used to.

I'm not sure if you've arrived there yet by now, but the Aqua Ring is an ugly mess(in a bad way), like they couldn't be asked to put actual effort there and those scenes stand out like a sore thumb. It looked great on the GC version.

Hugstable

Banned
Just getting to the second dungeon in Neptunia, this game is actually pretty fun so far! Battle System reminds me a tiny bit of Chrono Cross or Xenogears with the 3 different attacks thing. It's running really good too, so smooth seeing this game at 60 fps

Expires today if anyone wants it.
ModBot said:
I am giving away poop. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

XSplit Premium 3 Month Subscription -- MB-26771E8D95616288 - Taken by Toshin

Deitus

Just getting to the second dungeon in Neptunia, this game is actually pretty fun so far! Battle System reminds me a tiny bit of Chrono Cross or Xenogears with the 3 different attacks thing. It's running really good too, so smooth seeing this game at 60 fps

Hmmm.. now you're making me consider the game.

I had always assumed the reason people liked the Neptunia games was for the moé, fanservice, and to a lesser extent the video game references. If it's actually a decent game, I might want to play it. Especially now that Durante has fixed the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom