• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

RE0 has to come next, and Code Veronica X HD hopefully makes an appearance on the PC platform not to far in the future.

Edit: On the subject of action Resi, the 5 Steamworks patch can't come soon enough.

+1 to every single word.
I hope Rev 2 doesn't suck, please let my dear Claire have a worthy comeback.
I'm cautiously optimistic, it seems to build upon the good parts of the first game.

Jawmuncher

+1 to every single word.
I hope Rev 2 doesn't suck, please let my dear Claire have a worthy comeback.
I'm cautiously optimistic, it seems to build upon the good parts of the first game.

I'm liking what I have seen so far. Seems to be fixing the complaints I had.

kevin1025

Banned
Pick Life is Strange instead.

EDIT: Im bitter that I couldnt buy it at launch so fuck Neptunia lol. (Until I get some sort of income to be able to pay for games again)

I did pick up Life Is Strange, playing it tonight finally! I usually go on gaming splurges at the end of the month and then groan at all the sales and bundles until the next time.

Edit: Bought Neptunia. I am now part of the club.

So, I find myself downloading Planetside 2 once again. I think I last played it almost a year ago, as one of the red guys...

What am I in for SteamGAF?

I am enveloped by a crushing boredom.

Miguel81

RE0 is all but confirmed after they showed and then removed it from that PS4 theme preview. CVX who knows. It's already on MT Framework so all the work is really already done. Guess it just depends on if they ever get around to it.

They have been ofdly quiet about the steam works patch. Part of me thinks they're doing more than just that.

Yup, I'm hoping that Capcom will do the cool thing and provide the Gold content along with that patch. It was my favorite PS3 co-op game and having another go on PC with all content would be ace.

rtcn63

I almost beat RE0 on the GC. I liked it, more accessible than the REmake, but the fact there were no item boxes... I ended up just dumping dozens of items in the main foyer.

Jawmuncher

I almost beat RE0 on the GC. I liked it, more accessible than the REmake, but the fact there were no item boxes... I ended up just dumping dozens of items in the main foyer.

That was the main idea, since you go to that area so much. Leech Man (the one that randomly pops up) is amazing for keeping you on your toes. Was a nice chane up from having to deal with Crimson zombies. I only played it once but I really liked Zero. The idea of a faux coop game was pretty cool.

People are too busy shitting on the game's graphics, it's annoying.
Hell, it feels like 90% of the discussion these days is about graphics, I don't think it's ever been this bad.

Yeah it's funny that there's so much graphic bashing when it looks fine. People seem to forget its a cross gen and also budget game.

Then they wonder why we don't see more mid tier budget stuff.

That was the main idea, since you go to that area so much. Leech Man (the one that randomly pops up) is amazing for keeping you on your toes. Was a nice chane up from having to deal with Crimson zombies. I only played it once but I really liked Zero. The idea of a faux coop game was pretty cool.

I also liked it a lot.
Can't wait for that Steam version.
I hope CV comes right after it, I've been wanting to replay it.

Miguel81

I also liked it a lot.

Same here. I'm also interested in seeing the new lighting system that does away with the circular shadows from my PS2 copy. It's probably only a matter of time since it shows up. Hell, I'd never expected to get the REmake on Steam, and here it is.

Parsnip

And here was me moaning about Resi 6 being hard. REmake is busting my chops, though more mentally than anything else. It must be about 7-8 years since I've played this and I've pretty much forgotten everything. I'm running back and forth across this fecking mansion, inventory full up so have no free slots when I need to grab a specific item from the area I'm in, or forget which one's I have to combine or juggle around to solve the puzzle, even have to peg it back to the item box because being an idiot brought the wrong assortment of knick knacks to the room I thought they were to be used for. Yet despite all of that I'm still having a blast. Why aren't more games like this anymore? Bloody homogenised industry.

Yup. I was sort of blown away in the beginning at just how much harder the game was than what my memory of it was.
I also didn't remember all the buttshots.
2015_01_31_00005_by_majorparsnip-d8g6o6m.jpg

I also liked it a lot.
I played CVX HD on 360 not too long ago, it doesn't hold up as well unfortunately. I think most of the time the new lighting also looks weird.

Jawmuncher

CVX is such a odd game. Mainly since its newer on the timeline but mechanic wise it falls behind both REmake and RE3. That knife is killer though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Deadlight failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1422796877z1.png

Hrm... PlanetSide 2 killed my Internet connection while downloading, apparently. Weird! And now the horrible launcher hardlocks on launch / cannot connect to anything.

Time to verify the download I guess...
go Blue, be a sniper, bask in your superior rifle

But red is a better colour.

fenners

Cat Goes Fishing is the real deal. Most relaxing, stressful, fishing game I've played in years - best since Sega Marine Fishing on the DC. Love it.

donny2112

1 thread for the month. :O Awesome! Was concerned we'd be going to weekly threads soon. :p
Due to moving to Community, I'm sure.

Welp, verifying Planetside 2's files and failing to connect once was all I needed before it finally, magically, started to work. Hooray!

Now it's time to redownload another 9GB of updates because launchers suck.
We're gonna be rocking a January thread in Febuary. Title for febuary needs to be random as all hell. Like "cheese is a dairy product".

Community is Strange.

Blue is the best. (What are we talking about?)
War, of course.

fenners

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

Someone needs to press the Reset button on ModBot hmm?

Nope, not modbot's fault - I won a key for deadlight & turns out I owned it already (the first time this has happened & a sign I have too many games....). Talked to the giver & I tried to run another giveaway for it but modbot sent me a PM back saying it couldn't because the key was already registered. Didn't know it'd gone ahead & posted about it regardless, doh!!!

Momentary

Banned
When Nuclear Throne is finally complete it will be a contender for game of the year for whatever year it gets released in. Damn. Made it to the end and damn. Can't wait to see what the finished product is like. I'm going to stop playing it now until it's finally released.

Miguel81

CVX is such a odd game. Mainly since its newer on the timeline but mechanic wise it falls behind both REmake and RE3. That knife is killer though.

THAT knife. The game was a step back/sideways from 3, true, and it's main draw was the real-time backgrounds and new hardware(hasn't aged well). I missed the sense of urgency from part 3, the dodge mechanic and gun powder + that save room theme.

My internet was on and off all day so I spent some time cleaning and found this.

nA4ejmz.jpg

Might as well open and register the CN code. I still need to play 999.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Windows 8.1 64bit (OEM copy) $80

Newegg Code: EMCAKNX36

For the first year, Windows 10 will also be free to anyone who owns Windows 7 or 8/8.1. So consider if you want to wait or not.

*The keys sold on reddit are gray market, so the usual risk applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom