• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
I wonder, do you guys consider being universally good at video games a skill or do you dismiss it?
(For clarity: no matter the game, no matter the genre - being (well) above average. Not a specific game or just a type of games)

Lomax

Well, since we made it through the entire first full non-sale month in community with only one thread, I wonder if we'll see the same type of steady increase in posts throughout the year like we saw last year, or if it will stay more stagnant over here. It really is striking how much post volume dropped off compared to being on gaming side.

Momentary

Banned
QP Shooting is no joke folks. That game is kicking my ass. I thought I was going to have 7 games completed in the month of January for the 52 games in one year challenge, but nope. It didn't happen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, since we made it through the entire first full non-sale month in community with only one thread, I wonder if we'll see the same type of steady increase in posts throughout the year like we saw last year, or if it will stay more stagnant over here. It really is striking how much post volume dropped off compared to being on gaming side.

I don't see things changing much now that this thread is "out of the way".

Sch1sm

I got a noob question, do I have to go through any VPN loops to buy Life is Strange from Nuuvem? It isn't region locked or anything either is it?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2591-life-is-strange-complete-season-episodes-1-5

11.20~ USD. Okay, now I have to buy it.

Pro tip: if it's region locked, it'll tell you in big, bolded red under "Importante." REGION LOCKED, just like that, with some extras after a : letting you know that it's locked to South America.

JaseC

Pro tip: if it's region locked, it'll tell you in big, bolded red under "Importante." REGION LOCKED, just like that, with some extras after a : letting you know that it's locked to South America.

Nuuvem's region lock notice isn't overly reliable.

Came to $11.48 for me. Great deal, look forward to playing it.

About an hour and half into The Fall and it has a great atmosphere. Puzzles so far aren't too bad. Seems like some dark stuff went down on the planet you land on

It's a quiet evening. Here's a small raffle.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Farmers 2-Pack -- MB-7418EDEA43CA34FE - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-36B85CFCADC17710 - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
Hunters Of The Dead -- MB-6416A71148E4ABFB - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Bret Airborne -- MB-784D090D3E6495C8 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
March of the Eagles -- MB-CEB89AC981D10606 - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.

t1422774020z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
this is like my fourth attempt to finish this bottle of rum

no one wants to drink cuba libres with me T_T

i don't have much gaming-related to say, might play a bird story since i think that's pretty short. i want short-game (2hrs~) suggestions

this is like my fourth attempt to finish this bottle of rum

no one wants to drink cuba libres with me T_T

i don't have much gaming-related to say, might play a bird story since i think that's pretty short. i want short-game (2hrs~) suggestions
The Stanley Parable if you are not big on 100% everything.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-02-01_07-51-19.jpg

sounds about right ;)

---

what the actual fuck?!? O_O

Germany ... what are you doing?!? Germany ... STAHP!!! O_O

zkylon

zkylewd
The Stanley Parable if you are not big on 100% everything.
i played the original a whole bunch but haven't felt like buying the new one since it's never been the perfect price for me

but yeah, stanley parable-esque short game suggestions are much appretiated

Reposting for the new page.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Space Farmers 2-Pack -- MB-7418EDEA43CA34FE - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Hunters Of The Dead -- MB-6416A71148E4ABFB - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
March of the Eagles -- MB-CEB89AC981D10606 - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just updated my bundle keys text file... currently have 125 outstanding games that are Greenlit but not yet released / no keys provided yet.

Kuroyume

Banned
I hate when games get greenlit and the dev loses all interest in putting the game on steam. So fucking stupid given how there are devs out there that havn't been greenlit.

This game for example: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=114464371

Greenlit like ages ago. Goes on to make Standed Deep. Forgets about this game. Yeah, it looks like shit compared to Stranded Deep and most games in general... But fucking finish the job.

yeah from my spreadsheet: "A spider hunting sidequest in the japan section (chapter 2). Fairly big realistic looking spiders"

so nope

also didn't find it all that funny

I finished it and it was...okay.

The humor was hit or miss. I enjoyed some of the jokes enough to finish the game, but it's totally skippable too if it doesn't look great to you.

I am also full of rum.

JaseC

I guess the issue is that I don't understand the rule. It was my understanding that anyone with 8.1 (or 8.0, etc, for that matter) got the upgrade for free. Now I'm confused.

You misread his post. He said that XP/Vista users can't upgrade to 8.1; he wasn't talking about the Win10 upgrade.

Edit: D'oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom