• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
you forgot to include on their phones, now this post is ruined.

So, what you have been playing when you left us for so long? just curious

Actually not much. Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 mostly.

Just your totally in-character brogamer stuff.

fertygo

Finally new thread, yay

uyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Pachimari

This year is gonna be real different to me, in terms of Steam and to some extent gaming in general. I plan on actually play through my games in my 992 games library and do my best to complete a few titles, if not throw them to the wayside and accept it.

I'm already 6 hours into Final Fantasy VII and is totally
sucked up into it. That haven't happened for a few years. I really hope it'll become the first Final Fantasy I complete. After that, I plan on finishing Undertale, or actually do it during my playthrough of FF VII. And then I want to finish off Life Is Strange.

My long-term goal will be to complete as many Final Fantasy games as possible this year. But I won't rush through it and I won't do it if I burn out. I would at least like to complete the story of Final Fantasy XI before it's too late.

Happy new year and here's to a great year with my fellow steamers.

bigzgod

Maybe I am ;_;.

First, you'll find yourself talking about dinos more than usual.

Then, you'll start thinking about how cool it'd be to have Snake in the next Smash.

Finally, before long, you'll find yourself buying games and then never finishing them unless they have dinosaurs or Snake.

The transformation will then be complete :p

Copons

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Copons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-9C6BD6F2606B865D - Taken by Polishin8r. 1 entrants total.
DeadCore -- MB-8A8E98284E74AE98 - Taken by jdw_b. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-B64028B66AA5D9DE - Taken by Haunted. 4 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-4E57B2DFD9A39581 - Taken by neonglow. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-186EE2A10AEDA4B9 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-F7C3B979F9D73CF7 - Taken by Community Forum. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-18B4F2A943FF1E31 - Taken by Cyldman. 1 entrants total.

t1451950188z1.png

Some Humble spares.
Some of those may be already taken, in that case... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTsDqIcpHUc

2016 SteamGAF thread off to an interesting start I see. I'm looking forward to hearing about more games from Dusk Golem. Speaking of games Dusk Golem probably likes I managed to spend an hour playing SOMA this morning before it got too light out for me to continue playing. I'm really liking the way it starts off, super creepy and all that jazz. But it's definitely a game that needs to be played in a dark room.

Asgaro

Steam GAF I need ur help! How do you permanently remove a game from your account. Long story short my sister's stalker gifted her a game and she played it out of sympathy and now wants it gone realizing it is one of the underaged anime hentai/bondage games.

Let her embrace it.

Also, gift her this game.

hUTR2tk.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
2016 SteamGAF thread off to an interesting start I see. I'm looking forward to hearing about more games from Dusk Golem. Speaking of games Dusk Golem probably likes I managed to spend an hour playing SOMA this morning before it got too light out for me to continue playing. I'm really liking the way it starts off, super creepy and all that jazz. But it's definitely a game that needs to be played in a dark room.

I'll say this on SOMA, it has a lot of interesting twists and turns. If you want to post your thoughts as you go through, I'll be interested in reading. SOMA has a few rougher areas, but a game I think is completely worth finishing due to a very interesting narrative that begins to take hold, and some memorable scenes that may stick with you. Without saying too much, the last few hours of the game will likely stick with you the most.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Real profile pic January, reporting in (finally)

Pachimari

I've been going back to Kerbal Space Program recently, and man, it's still so great. I just love the tinkering with a rocket until you think it's just perfect...only to then have it spin out of control seconds after launch. Once you finally nail it though, so satisfying.
This is the first time somebody have actually made me curious about this game. I'll pick it up in the next Winter sale.

I also just read the OP (nice one Mr Orange!) and I didn't know I wanted Oxenfree. Thanks for the description, that one goes on the wishlist.

When it comes to the winter sale, I ended up buying 55+ DLC/packs/passes and 160+ games eek.

Wok

For these of you who want to know who the murderer might be in the winter comic, there is this Reddit post which explains (with proofs) a nice theory. I cannot be the only one who felt that the ending was a bit dry.

Kyougar

I'm an uncle! My niece loves to help out with Europa Universalis 4, she picks the next colour on the map for me to conquer.

awwww :>

My niece is only 2 years old. I hope that Minecraft is still a thing in 4 Years or so, so that i could play a game together with her, that I understand and "get".

Asgaro

Pretty sure half of them are just uncles and grandpas that have this as the homepage and are afraid to close it.

Yeah, it's really trending. No wonder Microsoft got pressured to replace Microsoft Edge with the Steam client in the upcoming W10 update.

nbraun80

What. That doesn't fit remotely the description. Don't delete Nep-Nep, wtf! It's a fun game!
I think for many people it could be the best rpg out there, but that's thrown out the window when it looks like its just a bunch of big boobed anime fix. Definitely wouldn't want my sister playing it...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i should hang around this thread more, seems fun
laugh.gif
Also doorkickers is a great little game that i bought for next to nothing in the steam sale, glad to see they are making a sequel in 3D.

Pachimari

So did cool cats come over?

I am pleased to let you guys know I'll be posting even more about horror games and underlooked niche games maybe no one but me cares about to a further degree in 2016 than 2015.

I will make you all embrace the horror.
Yes. Please do this. Appreciate it.

This reminds me, that while I'm doing a playthrough of Final Fantasy VII, I'm also doing my first playthrough of Resident Evil: HD Remaster and it feels so damn good. Can't believe I'm so enthralled by a horror game. I used to be a wussy. Not anymore, cause now I have started eating carrots.

Dusk Golem

On Neptunia, I know where she got mistaken.

In the first Neptunia game, this scene happens fairly early in the game.

fF9VqZIfNs7XJUZjOiwuMNu8KENJ6u9wdjVKn9CYSi1EsavT292kj59bftLlCadLkchnLgx1ucnuhHnnDGg0lNEt6gQ=w426-h240-n

I can see how one might get that impression it was a bondage hentai game from that, but it's just a sort of lewd parody JRPG game. That said, if not for her, she certainly can get it off her account.

cicero

Has 1C pulled any of their games from Steam recently? I was wondering why Faces of War was no longer available for individual purchase. IndieGala still had it on sale, but it was annoying to see it suddenly removed from the Steam store and no longer available for purchase during the Steam sale with my Steam monies.

Dusk Golem

Yes. Please do this. Appreciate it.

This reminds me, that while I'm doing a playthrough of Final Fantasy VII, I'm also doing my first playthrough of Resident Evil: HD Remaster and it feels so damn good. Can't believe I'm so enthralled by a horror game. I used to be a wussy. Not anymore, cause now I have started eating carrots.

Back when I was young, I thought horror wasn't for me, I was a scaredy-cat, through and through, and the possibility I could even like horror didn't process for me. I saw a scary movie once on TV, and I had nightmares that plagued me from it.

But there were a lot of signs I secretly deep down did like it, I was just scared by it. I always liked Halloween, I always liked cool monsters in movies, when I was younger I liked Scooby-Doo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Goosebumps, etc., among other things. I just mentally had blockaded the possibility that I like it out of fear.

Ironically, Resident Evil 4 was my first game that I played of horror that I loved, and I followed up with REmake, which settled it for me. REmake can be scary and challenging, but pursue and you may find a side of yourself you were unaware of before.

Wish you luck, and also look forward to hearing impressions.

Has 1C pulled any of their games from Steam recently? I was wondering why Faces of War was no longer available for individual purchase. IndieGala still had it on sale, but it was annoying to see it suddenly removed from the Steam store and no longer available for purchase during the Steam sale with my Steam monies.

Curious, It's in the steam bundle but is the only game with "N/A" next to the price. Is there some licensing deal they're renegotiating perhaps?

Grief.exe

Closing the redundant Steam Community thread and making a mega thread on gaming seemed like a great success. It was an excellent experience meeting new people, discussing niche game choices, and having a generally good time.

Looking forward to doing it again for the Summer Sale.

Pachimari

Hmm, I'm actually thinking of getting No One Lives Forever 2 on disc tomorrow. Found it used. And I already got the first game, I just need to make it run with a mod without visual glitches.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Closing the redundant Steam Community thread and making a mega thread on gaming seemed like a great success. It was an excellent experience meeting new people, discussing niche game choices, and having a generally good time.

Looking forward to doing it again for the Summer Sale.

I agree steam sale thread was a pretty good place.

Jawmuncher

Closing the redundant Steam Community thread and making a mega thread on gaming seemed like a great success.

It was an excellent experience meeting new people, discussing niche game choices, and having a generally good time.

Yep I think it worked out especially when it slowed down for the members who couldn't handle the speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom