• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a thing? Writing impressions for games we complete? Because I just 100% Metro 2033 yesterday and felt like writing something up to convince others to play it if it's in their backlog.

I gather post-game impresions are quite welcomed in this thread, as long as you put things under spoilers when needed.

As for Metro 2033, I started it but I could not get into it
I was stuck at the gate of some city as I was low in ammo so I disintalled it as I didn't feel like starting it again
so I would like if someone talked me into it.

rtcn63

If you blow its legs off,
doesn't it start doing the worm
?

They shimmy IIRC

tioslash

Is this a thing? Writing impressions for games we complete? Because I just 100% Metro 2033 yesterday and felt like writing something up to convince others to play it if it's in their backlog.

Just started playing Metro 2033 last week, would like very much to read your impressions on it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fly'n -- MB-86C576E9443D3769 - Taken by Hugstable
Jack Lumber -- MB-7B8BADD6F5C17441 - Taken by derExperte
Mr. Bree -- MB-6EFB6D29AD0A9B41 - Taken by Knurek
Savant: Ascent -- MB-0093D3FF4C6FDD04 - Taken by salazar547
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-9CCC7757AEFA068B - Taken by Speevy
Akane the Kunoichi -- MB-6692A4534B2E3333 - Taken by Kifimbo
Oozi: Earth Adventure -- MB-B805B8E662CF279C - Taken by Saty

Lomax

Thanks for the PCGamer heads up, Turfster. It actually gives +3 on your game count once you redeem the key. Link for the lazy http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/23/free-steam-key/

3ac64c631b.png

I missed my 300 thinking it was only one game. Oh well :(

I already had Race 07 and GTR from another bundle, but activating this key still gave me +2 to my game count. Of course the original key from that bundle was like +9 or something, they have that game set up so weird in the store it's hard to even know which one to play.

Crayons

Banned
WTF. This is one sad, pathetic individual.
o_O
Wow. That's... sad.

Yeah. I've also done some research, and I found out this person lives fairly close to me. I have a bad feeling that it's this guy who I used to know...and we stopped talking to each other.

Or it could just be someone I don't know? I don't know, but it was still very unpleasant to wake up to a literal stream on insults.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey everyone - I've been out for a couple of days, did I miss anything exciting? I see that the new episode of The Walking Dead is out - can't wait to play it.

In the mean time, I'm working on this:

Basically, once you add something to your wishlist you'll be able to go in and leave yourself a little note as to why it's on your wishlist. Of course, it'll be totally optional. But it might help jog your memory as to why it was there in the first place.

Hey everyone - I've been out for a couple of days, did I miss anything exciting? I see that the new episode of The Walking Dead is out - can't wait to play it.
Basically, once you add something to your wishlist you'll be able to go in and leave yourself a little note as to why it's on your wishlist. Of course, it'll be totally optional. But it might help jog your memory as to why it was there in the first place.
Wow, that's a very useful feature. You really do put a lot of work into this, thanks man.
How did that job offer you had last week work out? Hope the deal is sealed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow, that's a very useful feature. You really do put a lot of work into this, thanks man.
How did that job offer you had last week work out? Hope the deal is sealed.

They offered the job to someone else who was willing to start that very same day, unfortunately. The job market where I live is pretty cutthroat. I just didn't feel right giving my current employer absolutely no notice that I was leaving.

Also, awesome Arkham Knight giveaway! I just started Arkham Asylum the other day, haven't played Arkham City, and don't even own Arkham Origins, so I'll be sitting this one out.

Shadownet

Banned

Can other people see it too? So I can leave them a note. "Dont get me this game? I'm just putting it here as a reminder!"

That's an amazing feature!

Altazor

Yeah. I've also done some research, and I found out this person lives fairly close to me. I have a bad feeling that it's this guy who I used to know...and we stopped talking to each other.

Or it could just be someone I don't know? I don't know, but it was still very unpleasant to wake up to a literal stream on insults.

whoever he/she is, that kinds of stunts denote a very immature person. I don't know how some people can stoop so low to do shit like that.

Sounds cool!
Mine will look like this:

Game 1: SteamGAF hyped me.
Game 2: SteamGAF hyped me more.
Game 3: I like the artwork.
Game 4: Curse you SteamGAF!

jshackles

Can other people see it too? So I can leave them a note. "Dont get me this game? I'm just putting it here as a reminder!"

Unfortunately that would be a bit tricky to pull off. Any time other users need access to information you enter, I have to throw up a "sign in with Steam" dialog any time you change something so I know it was you that changed it and not some prankster.

For now, this will just be notes you leave yourself.

Porcupine

Damn, I really want Arkham Knight, I'm very hyped for this game after the E3 Presentation.

Also looking forward to play the new Dark Souls II DLC on the weekend =)

AHA-Lambda

In case anyone wants it and didn't grab it from the PC Gamer giveaway, so just take it. It comes with an extra key to giveaway too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun Monkey -- MB-91EC665891349E70 - Taken by Teppic

Caerith

It had a store page since it got announced. Did they open up the preorder for it?

It's not open for pre-order yet, I think they need more time to come up with the most-convoluted DLC scheme imaginable. (I didn't notice the store page until it was linked earlier.)

jshackles

Is there anyway you can implement being able to sort your inventory manually?

Unfortunately, no. This is something that's controlled server-side by Valve. The best I could do would be to assign user-changeable sorting values to let you sort it manually, but it'd be kind of weird to manage since things in your inventory can be added or removed really often.

So yeah, unfortunately that'll be something we'll have to wait on Valve to do.

another day , another hammerwatch giveaway :D
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hammerwatch -- MB-AFEDBF0A03F268A9 - Taken by YianGaruga. 3 entrants total.

t1406134115z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
lol. worth a try.

I entered. Now I patiently wait.

Unfortunately that would be a bit tricky to pull off. Any time other users need access to information you enter, I have to throw up a "sign in with Steam" dialog any time you change something so I know it was you that changed it and not some prankster.

For now, this will just be notes you leave yourself.

Ah that make sense. Still its an amazing feature :) thank you.

Now if only steam give us a separate list cf from our wish list that we can put games into so that our friends won't accidentally buy us games we're just monitoring at the moment.

Rudakus

ModBot [b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-B4A1D010B8C7A9C2 - Taken by Super_Chicken. 1 entrants total.

t1406134235z1.png

Got the pack for CSD and the baseball game won't ever touch this. I've seen it posted a lot, but maybe there is someone else who wants it for free lol

They offered the job to someone else who was willing to start that very same day, unfortunately. The job market where I live is pretty cutthroat. I just didn't feel right giving my current employer absolutely no notice that I was leaving.
Sorry to hear. Hopefully your consideration of others will move the wheels of fate to your advantage.
another day , another hammerwatch giveaway :D
I entered all three you made. Let's see if the third will be the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom