• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Unfortunately, no. This is something that's controlled server-side by Valve. The best I could do would be to assign user-changeable sorting values to let you sort it manually, but it'd be kind of weird to manage since things in your inventory can be added or removed really often.

So yeah, unfortunately that'll be something we'll have to wait on Valve to do.

Valve's inventory code is really a total rabbit hole. Normally I can look at source and trace what's going on, but I went through it with breakpoints and I still didn't manage to make much sense of how they threaded everything together.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I wonder how many people are giving away bundle games because they wanted to or because of the giveaway.

Probably because of your giveaway. It's sad that many of them are giving away exploited games to bypass the restriction

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ah that make sense. Still its an amazing feature :) thank you.

Now if only steam give us a separate list cf from our wish list that we can put games into so that our friends won't accidentally buy us games we're just monitoring at the moment.

Yeah, it'd be really nice if they took a few cues from Amazon in regards to wishlists. You know, like making multiple wishlists, being able to name them something that means something, giving each individual list privacy settings, letting you add comments to your wishlist that others can see, etc etc etc.

Personally I wish you could add packages to your wishlist. Like "Skyrim Legendary Edition" which contains all of the Skyrim stuff or the "Alan Wake Franchise Pack" that has all the Alan Wake stuff. They say that you can't do it since packages like that are designed to come and go, but it'd be pretty trivial for them to add something (again like Amazon does) where if it were no longer available for purchase, it's just let you know in red or something and give you an easy way to remove it. Or better yet, make automatic suggestions of things to replace it with.

A lot of wasted opportunity there.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-655AD7747ACB084A - Taken by bluechox2
Kairo -- MB-A9A697E720A6F152 - Taken by weemadarthur
Personally I didn't like this, I found it too slow. But maybe you will

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just saw that The Room is coming to Steam on the 28th, one of the few mobile I actually want to play.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/23/the-room-will-release-on-steam-next-week-in-fully-enhanced-hd/

s1A4GiC.gif

L.O.R.D

finally
first 100% achievements on steam
c8VRlun.jpg

RE Revelations i still need one achievement , kill 10000 zombie on raid mode , i think i killed 6000

also

and this on HARD mode
very good , first time i see my name on leaderboard in the first 100

but how someone finish the game less then 1 hour ?

BorntoPlay

Spare key...=D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BorntoPlay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

FTL -- MB-DB8A7B9348263732 - Taken by Toshin

Caerith

Yeah, it'd be really nice if they took a few cues from Amazon in regards to wishlists. You know, like making multiple wishlists, being able to name them something that means something, giving each individual list privacy settings, letting you add comments to your wishlist that others can see, etc etc etc.

Personally I wish you could add packages to your wishlist. Like "Skyrim Legendary Edition" which contains all of the Skyrim stuff or the "Alan Wake Franchise Pack" that has all the Alan Wake stuff. They say that you can't do it since packages like that are designed to come and go, but it'd be pretty trivial for them to add something (again like Amazon does) where if it were no longer available for purchase, it's just let you know in red or something and give you an easy way to remove it. Or better yet, make automatic suggestions of things to replace it with.

Or "Van Helsing The DLC Never Goes On Sale Screw You Early Adopters Pack."

Personally I'd rather they discounted packs for people who already own parts of them and/or had price-scaled "upgrade to X edition" as standard, but I know that's more on the side of the publisher.

RAFFLE
AUTOREPOST
NOLURKERS
NOWINNERSDAILY
PAYITFORWARD
BLACKLIST
NOTHANKS
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-95C29A3089854695 - Taken by Cheddahz. 24 entrants total.

t1406144560z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Or "Van Helsing The DLC Never Goes On Sale Screw You Early Adopters Pack."

Personally I'd rather they discounted packs for people who already own parts of them and/or had price-scaled "upgrade to X edition" as standard, but I know that's more on the side of the publisher.

If I had like a billion more hours of free time in my life, I'd just go ahead and start a Steam competitor and put all of these changes in place from the word go. Sadly I don't think I'd get anywhere without at least the majority of publishers agreeing to give people copies of their games on my service if they already purchased them on Steam. At this point, I don't think anyone really wants to start their library over from scratch unless there is a damn good reason for them to want to do so.

Shadownet

Banned
Probably because of your giveaway. It's sad that many of them are giving away exploited games to bypass the restriction

It's even sadder that some of them are doing it anonymously, so they won't have to face the fact that they might never give away a game if it wasn't for the PayItForward rule. Maybe Stump can make an alternate rule, where the cost of the game has to be over $5 or something. Couldn't modbot detect games over $30?

Either way, I can only hope some of the more upstanding and regular members of Gotham City, win this instead of them.

I agree with you on that last point, not being able to add packages sucks. I remember wanting Alan Wake Franchise but not being able to add it to wishlist at the time was mind boggling.

But you're improving Steam one enhancement at a time. You're doing God's work. Thank you:)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
RAFFLE
AUTOREPOST
NOLURKERS
NOWINNERSDAILY
PAYITFORWARD
BLACKLIST
NOTHANKS

We'll get you there, we swear.

The stuff I quoted only goes into the PM to Modbot.

Also, is this mystery game different than the Thief Gold you posted earlier? Because that key is definitely gone.

It's even sadder that some of them are doing it anonymously, so they won't have to face the fact that they might never give away a game if it wasn't for the PayItForward rule. Maybe Stump can make an alternate rule, where the cost of the game has to be over $5 or something. Couldn't modbot detect games over $30?

Either way, I can only hope some of the more upstanding and regular members of Gotham City, win this instead of them.

I thought that anonymous giveaways did not count towards giver statuses and such?

Hugstable

Banned
:)

I'm still wondering why Dead Island Epidemic didn't get the shit icon yet. Ain't nobody want that shit!

Speevy

Banned
NOLURKERS
NOJUNIIORS
NOVEGANS
NOCHRISTIANS
NOATHEISTS
NOJEWS
NOLEFTHANDED
YEARLONGRAFFLE
INDEBTEDFORLIFE
GARBAGEDAY