• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Big Vicera Cleanup Detail update with new level

Devil Daggers update with new enemies

Slain! update on the update, looking good

Five Months Later, How Has XCOM 2 Changed?

Wot I Think: Furi

Definitely not Dex -- in my recollection, it was pretty action-focused with little-to-no story beyond the basic setup of you vs. some kind of Sci-Fi fortress. Whatever it was, I think I only looked at its store page, and Ghost 1.0's screenshots and description feel like less of a match to my vague memories than CRYPTARK does, but thanks anyway.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/386340 ?

Would you recommend to a fan of Fallout 1 and 2's gameplay?

yea, although i think fallout 2 is a better game story wise. most of the quests in wasteland 2 are serviceable at best. If you do play the game, I recommend using Ralphy as one of your rangers, he's hilarious. there was one time where we met these drug dealers and he goes "drugs are cool, i wanna be a drug addict" and another time when you rescue a girl he gets disappointed to find out that the girl already has a lover and comments "i hate everything".

10/10 companion, would recommend to anyone.

mp1990

Banned
If this had been announced earlier this hear I'd might have been interested, since the concept is theoretically interesting, but now with Overwatch being a thing I have zero interest in any other MP focused shooters. Good for the people who been look forward to this though (let's be sincere, everyone saw this coming), I wonder how they'll handle the people who already bought the game.

EDIT: oh they explain that in the link, nevermind.

zkylon

zkylewd
i liked wasteland 2 a lot for what i played it but back then i didn't feel like putting up with its annoyances for like a full game

i think they fixed a bunch of my issues with it but now i have so many other shit to play that idk

I wonder if they will give something for those who already have it, even something cosmetic like when TF2 went F2P.

Anyone who owns classic Evolve will be given “Founder” status in the new free version, and all the content you already own comes with you to the new version. As long as we work on Evolve, we will show our appreciation for our committed fans and early adopters with gifts, rewards, and special access. Why? Because you believed like we did, and we will never forget that.

So you'll get something. But what that something might be is anyone's guess.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of neonglow, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-14E028A39C3FF01E - Taken by data. 4 entrants total.
Back to the Future: The Game -- MB-2186AB33FFE429CF - Taken by darkpathwalker92. 8 entrants total.
Her Story -- MB-546E23B28525DB50 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 5 entrants total.
Broken Age -- MB-665EB5E2A2E65AEB - Taken by someguyinahat. 16 entrants total.
NOT A HERO -- MB-383761F39745818E - Taken by Hero Prinny. 13 entrants total.
A Fistful of Gun -- MB-31360B8FBAC57469 - Taken by Eila. 10 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-D6E778121A11D0B7 - Taken by spacellama. 10 entrants total.
Read Only Memories -- MB-2624C91255A002BE - Taken by jgalat. 7 entrants total.
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-AE095E21DBEFB921 - Taken by Barajas_201. 3 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-79994A42A1EACE6E - Taken by Asiratlan. 2 entrants total.

t1467866591z1.png

Lain

When I see numbers like this, I kind of wonder -- how do you people all use the wishlist? Admittedly, up until now (and still somewhat so), I wasn't much of a PC gamer, so I only really used it for stuff I was absolutely sure I would want to play someday but wasn't ready to buy right now. Recently I've started to add things that I was more strongly considering but not as definitely as the former category, but even with that I only have 17 things listed right now. Are the power users basically just using the wishlist as a way to collect/track things they notice once, thing "hmm, that might be neat someday" and throw it on the pile, or what?

The wishlist for me is primarily a way to remember games exist, given the amount that comes out daily/weekly/monthly. Anything that looks interesting/promising ends on there and later on it gets bought or removed during sales. It's also a way to quickly see if a bundle could be a worthwhile purchase.

Sarcasm

wireless adapter... for a bluetooth device? what?

Probably so you don't have to guess which adapter that costs 5 bucks actually works with the controller. Not every BT adapter actually works with the DS4 currently. DS3 even pickier. So if they made one that is a guaranteed working one, then yes make it.

I saw a guy walking around wearing one of those Mass Effect N7 leather jackets today.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Unmechanical -- MB-11A329B8FB05C14C - Taken by Mikurden
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-B997579A816240EC - Taken by Gez

Eila

Welp, I won the same game twice, lol.
I did send ModBot a message that said disqualify me, so I thought I was out.
Was I supposed to get a reply? Because I didn't.
How do I give the key back now?

Grief.exe

Is it Stardew? Because if it is, slide it my way.

Is it possible to add any game to your steam library?

Steamworks games you can permanently add to your library.
Non-Steamworks games (think Blizzard titles), you can temporarily add to your library so you can get Steam Overlay functionality and let your friends know you're playing a game.

mp1990

Banned
None of you guys has played Furi on PC yet? I've seen some people disappointed with it but the sparkling reviews plus that INCREDIBLE trailer is making hard not to jump into it. I just got two big releases, so I'm on a budget, that's why I don't wanna go blind on it, but ahhhhhhhh this game pushes all the right buttons with me.

Pachimari

That nightmare sequence in Wolfenstein: The New Order is sick as fuck. Wow I were surprised, such a cool idea! Great game so far. I'm looking for Max's toy car.

Backlogger

None of you guys has played Furi on PC yet? I've seen some people disappointed with it but the sparkling reviews plus that INCREDIBLE trailer is making hard not to jump into it. I just got two big releases, so I'm on a budget, that's why I don't wanna go blind on it, but ahhhhhhhh this game pushes all the right buttons with me.

I was probably doing it wrong but I couldn't seem to get parry to work consistently. Maybe I was trying to use it against unparryable attacks or just flat out had the timing wrong but after a few instances I lost patience.

All the other moves seemed to have a trick to them but parry I couldn't figure out. it just seemed like the controls were clunky because of this.

That was enough for me to just go play a different game with my limited spare time. I will probably revisit it but not in any hurry to.

Phinor

The problem is that the magical first pick-up-play of the game they mention is actually true. After that magic fades (typically within first 5 matches), you just quickly lose interest in playing the game. I still think it's a fantastic idea, pretty good implementation but for some reason it just doesn't have any staying power. Titanfall was actually kind of the same, though maybe the magic lasted a bit longer.

Wok

I am torn regarding INSIDE: either I buy it on Steam for 20€ with the possibility to refund, or I buy it on Humble Store for 18€ without any possibility to refund.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I am torn regarding INSIDE: either I buy it on Steam for 20€ with the possibility to refund, or I buy it on Humble Store for 18€ without any possibility to refund.

I feel like if you think you're that likely to want to refund it, you're probably better off getting something else or playing something you already have.

Hektor

I played it through psplus. The combat is really awesome and challenging but the forced walking + the narrative that starts interesting but doesn't really go anywhere drag it down a bit. The last two bosses were also a bit too easy compared to the others.

I'm not sure I would recommend it at 25$. I think 15 would be a fairer price, especially considering its ps plus appearance.

i liked wasteland 2 a lot for what i played it but back then i didn't feel like putting up with its annoyances for like a full game

i think they fixed a bunch of my issues with it but now i have so many other shit to play that idk

What issues? I can't remember anything really bugging me except for the games balance.

Will be interesting to see the playercount over the next few weeks.

Ludens

Banned

Send a message to ModBot with "nuke" in the subject and the key/link in the body, wait a couple of minutes, than submit again the key.
I would join that giveaway if it's for Stardew :p

Wok

I feel like if you think you're that likely to want to refund it, you're probably better off getting something else or playing something you already have.

One never knows. Imagine the game does not want to start, or some other kinds of weird issues.

Regarding the actual gameplay, I feel like this is not the kind of game for which I ask for a refund: I have been waiting for that game since E3 2014 and I liked Limbo (to some extent).

Maybe you answered my question in fact. :D

Eila

Send a message to ModBot with "nuke" in the subject and the key/link in the body, wait a couple of minutes, than submit again the key.
I would join that giveaway if it's for Stardew :p

Haha where did you get Stardew Valley from? It was A Fisful of Gun, courtesy of neonglow. Hope he doesn't mind me re-gifting it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Eila, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

A Fistful of Gun -- MB-A772933BBE40E815 - Taken by MaxiLive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom