• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evrain

But aren't IAPs only for unlocking levels without completing previous ones? How is that so bad?
Yup. The "naive" user however (especially on Android and even more so in Italy) tends to quickly get turned off by a 5€ expense coupled with IAPs, even if they are just early unlocks. Does not kill the game per se, as it remains neat and enjoyable, but might limit sales somewhat.
Again, this is just my personal opinion, take with a grain of salt and one of pepper.

Salsa

so, its a good game ?
only a single player game ?

I think it's pretty short, gameplay is kinda lacklusting and whatnot. single player yeah

it didnt review well at all, if you care about that

it just seems stupid and charming and weird enough for me

also Robert Patrick is in it as the villain bike

game was inspired by fucking TORQUE. I dont know man all this warrants $1.49 of my money

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I did mention yesterday (I think) that I was going to give something away, so here it is!

Very nice giveaway. I'd also recommend the DLC to whoever wins it as it adds a whole new layer of challenge to the game

Arthea

seriously?

ijNLyrU5ULdVs.png

ibbTi8pZJOlxK7.png

every single time!

why I even try

edited:
forgot most important pic

Thrakier

Is RE: Revelations worth my lifetime? Fan of RE4, meh on RE5, everything else was a disaster. Long time RE fan, still love RE2, but overall it seems like the series is out ouf touch with....everything in the world.

-MD-

Is RE: Revelations worth my lifetime? Fan of RE4, meh on RE5, everything else was a disaster. Long time RE fan, still love RE2, but overall it seems like the series is out ouf touch with....everything in the world.

It's part of the action/shootbang portion of Resident Evil, don't let anyone tell you it's even remotely like the older games in the series cause it's bullshit.

It's better than 5 and 6 though but that's not saying a whole lot.

StAidan

I just went from level 25 to 30 trying to accumulate Mysterious cards. Still missing two of them, although I did get back some of my investment by selling a Mysterious foil for $2.20.

L.O.R.D

I think it's pretty short, gameplay is kinda lacklusting and whatnot. single player yeah

it didnt review well at all, if you care about that

it just seems stupid and charming and weird enough for me

also Robert Patrick is in it as the villain bike

game was inspired by fucking TORQUE. I dont know man all this warrants $1.49 of my money
ok thanks
omg , it 15 GB ? why its very big ?

do it now
best RE in last generation

Thrakier

It's part of the action/shootbang portion of Resident Evil, don't let anyone tell you it's even remotely like the older games in the series cause it's bullshit.

It's better than 5 and 6 though but that's not saying a whole lot.

Thanks, I'll step back then.

KarmaCow

Didn't see this posted yet, but VVVVVV has steam achievements now. (I'm guessing not live yet)

Ha really? I originally waited on playing the game because I heard there would be a patch moving it out of flash and adding achievements. It never came and I kinda forgot I had the game. I only recently decided to check up on that patch and last I heard it wasn't happening.

Grief.exe

I won Corrosive's giveaway! What game do you guys think I should get?

I'm thinking Banner Saga, Thief, or CoH2. Leaning towards Banner Saga.

zkylon

zkylewd

if you care about my opinion, banner saga's not that great but since they rebalanced the final boss, it's prolly the right choice

the game is very flawed but audio, visuals and lore too are all amazing

combat works ok, it's more a problem of the progression being dumb and some very questionable design decisions

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
if you care about my opinion, banner saga's not that great but since they rebalanced the final boss, it's prolly the right choice

the game is very flawed but audio, visuals and lore too are all amazing

combat works ok, it's more a problem of the progression working wrong and some very questionable design decisions

I agree. Some of the game design choices kinda ruined it for me but I still had a lot of fun. The story and presentation were top notch

Arthea

aaand steam is dead

edited:
about Grief's dilemma, the Banner Saga probably will be on sale at summer sale, it was already several times. Unless you don't want to play Thief at all, I would go with it, or maybe CoH2.

Vlad

Ha really? I originally waited on playing the game because I heard there would be a patch moving it out of flash and adding achievements. It never came and I kinda forgot I had the game. I only recently decided to check up on that patch and last I heard it wasn't happening.

Well, it hasn't been in Flash since somtime in 2011. And the game's more than worth playing, regardless of if it has achievements or not.

KarmaCow

Well, it hasn't been in Flash since somtime in 2011. And the game's more than worth playing, regardless of if it has achievements or not.

Oh I know, it's just something that got lost in the shuffle of games. At the time I figured I didn't lose anything by waiting and that led to me forgetting I owned it. I just got a Dualshock 4 specifically for 2D games and was about the start VVVVVV and I found it funny that the achievement patch rumour pops up again right as I'm about to start it.

oh god neck guy is back from the BF3 beta

lEcBfad.png

DICE betas guaranteed neck guy

HAHAHAHA.

I just went from level 25 to 30 trying to accumulate Mysterious cards. Still missing two of them, although I did get back some of my investment by selling a Mysterious foil for $2.20.

I saw that mysterious cards exist.
But I do not know how to gain them.
Someone fill me in.

If you choose Banner Saga, make sure you specify which of the indie bundles you'd like. If for some reason you do not want the second game, I can do a spinoff giveaway.
I think the two bundles with Banner Saga have either Mutant Blobs Attack or Dyad. Mutant Blobs is short, but well done (it's from the creators of Guacamelee! and I liked it enough to 100% it twice [PC, Vita]). I hear Dyad is good, but I've not put in the time yet.
The better "value" in terms of net worth would be Dyad, as I think it's got a higher normal price and goes on sale less often if you care about that sort of stuff. Someone in here was impressed with it recently if I remember correctly. I don't know how to categorize the gameplay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom