• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck would they region lock it?

For a supposedly open developer who hates limits and drm that seems really dumb.

capture54ev2.png

Because fuck Namco is why.
Also probably Warner Brothers, but Namco especially.

Jawmuncher

ibvxom31tv2Nw6.png

bought it with keys...

You'll never be clean again.

-------

Gotta say my hype for Witcher 3 is absolutely null at this point. I liked 2 ok enough but after beating it on 360 I sure wasn't dying for the sequel either. Still need to play the first game. Will probably play 3 just because I have enjoyed the books I have read thus far.

Ezalc

I see that Chronicles of Riddick Dark Athena is on sale on GOG. I've been wanting to play the Riddick game (games?) for a while. 2.99, worth it?

Salsa

it's more likely for GTAV to have achievements, i'd say almost guaranteed

Witcher 3 is a bit iffy since by the looks of it they're already pushing the GOG version far more than 2 and they might not wanna give any reason for people to buy it elsewhere (it's currently cheaper and has "exclusive" content there)

also GOG Galaxy is gonna be out before it's release and maybe that has achievements

I'm asking I heard there was some kind of remake or something for it? I don't know the difference between assault on dark athena and escape butcher bay. It's a sequel right? Is the first one going on sale soon too?
Assault on Dark Athena has the sequel (Assault on Dark Athena :p) as well as a remake of Butcher Bay.

danielcw

I'm asking I heard there was some kind of remake or something for it? I don't know the difference between assault on dark athena and escape butcher bay. It's a sequel right? Is the first one going on sale soon too?

Dark Athena includes an enhanched version of Escape From Butcher Bay

That $3 price tag for both Riddick games no doubt is the all-time low for those games together. Only thing more outrageous would be getting a Deadly Premonition deal equivalent to the one witnessed during Spring Insomnia.

Ezalc

Assault on Dark Athena has the sequel (Assault on Dark Athena :p) as well as a remake of Butcher Bay.

Dark Athena includes an enhanched version of Escape From Butcher Bay

That $3 price tag for both Riddick games no doubt is the all-time low for those games together. Only thing more outrageous would be getting a Deadly Premonition deal equivalent to the one witnessed during Spring Insomnia.

Well damn, bought then.

Bloodrayne on sale there too, never played one of those games. Should I gaf?

Card Boy

Banned
everyone's buying it purely out of fear of it being region locked

the GOG version apparently already differentiates between region versions so it could happen and soon

or.. not happen ever

fear driving sales!

I know thats what i did + i didn't want to pay the rip off Aussie Tax of $76 USD. Can't go wrong with $29 USD. Fuck Scamco.

I'm just wondering what part of Dragon Age 2 made people want to jump quickly onto 3...

I'd probably wonder the same thing about the Witcher 2... but I'd never say that out loud.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You guys click on the GAF logo in front of the Steam thread, right?

I don't think I've ever done that (and, yes, I know that it takes you to the latest unread post). I always have this thread open, so I just refresh the tab and keep reading.

Salsa

I'm just wondering what part of Dragon Age 2 made people want to jump quickly onto 3...

I'd probably wonder the same thing about the Witcher 2... but I'd never say that out loud.

eh I mean

im not the biggest witcher fan but the witcher 3 looks insane, i'd be tempted to get it in what the game promises and looks like regardless, not only from a technical standpoint but because it looks ten times bigger and a lot more different than the previous 2 in terms of even genre. No game before focused on tracking down monsters in a huge open world.

Dragon Age 3 looks more like 1, but from what they've shown so far yeah, nothing really convinces me about it. I know a lot of people didnt like The Witcher 2 compared to 1 but DA2 was a straight up dud.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What is up with Mass Effect 3's graphics non-options? It had no options section in the main menu so I started a game and it started out in 720p 360 ass mode, as soon as I got into gameplay I set it to 1080p but it was still in 360 mode, then the first planet I land on I meet up with Liara
waifu
and we're magically in full resolution textures and better lighting and effects. The gameplay is also in this weird practically-auto mode that seems to have less tactical control with target selections than ME2 which is disappointing.

On DA3:
Looks great. DA2 seemed really awkward from many youtubes I watched but this is way better. Tactical view returning and I saw some stuff (time magic) in the dragon fight that was completely badass. I also like that you are the actual boss, not just some chosen one bullshit. I am generally a hardass/borderline sociopath in WRPGs so that is perfect. Seems well set up for exploring, more like you advancing a personal cause and discovering factors than a real pressing issue (blight) that makes all situations you come across seem trivial and unreasonably bitchy.

On Witcher 2:
I seriously couldn't even get past the first area with the camp because the controls and everything were soooo damn laggy and awkward. The menus were the worst of all, like trying to walk through mud. I can't play that shit so I watched youtubes. Unless they have made a completely new engine from the ground up, I have serious doubts in the playability of Witcher 3. The conversation options in Witcher games also seem to have a "tryhard" weight to them. Like for whatever reason, because you are a witcher, what you say influences everyone like 10,000x more than a normal person. So whatever side you pick on issues has extreme consequences in whatever directions they gave you. It comes off too cheesy to believe.

I bought it from Mexican Origin for 39.99.
That's allowed?

No game before focused on tracking down monsters in a huge open world.

I can't remember the name, but I'm pretty sure there is some franchise based around Hunting Monsters in an open world.

Anyway it may well turn out a lot better than the Witcher 2 (which I thought had a good first act but then fell apart). But judging it so early on what has been shown seems a little risky to me.

Because Watch_Dogs looked pretty darn good a year before release too.

Durante

eh I mean

im not the biggest witcher fan but the witcher 3 looks insane, i'd be tempted to get it in what the game promises and looks like regardless, not only from a technical standpoint but because it looks ten times bigger and a lot more different than the previous 2 in terms of even genre. No game before focused on tracking down monsters in a huge open world.

Dragon Age 3 looks more like 1, but from what they've shown so far yeah, nothing really convinces me about it. I know a lot of people didnt like The Witcher 2 compared to 1 but DA2 was a straight up dud.
From everything I've seen so far, only superficially. It's still an ARPG design they are shoehorning "tactical" options into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom