• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

oh god spelunky minis are coming back and there's even new ones

BqCY4-CCMAAIrWb.jpg:large

I just hate blind boxes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I lov when bundle games come out on steam and they are ridiculously expensive

well I love it if they give you keys of course

danielcw

Here is a small giveaway.
Credit goes to JaseC, because the game came form him originally

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising -- MB-C314A4FCBD33D740 - Taken by Knurek. 2 entrants total.

t1402737316z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GMG encore day 2 is the same deals we just had 2 days ago, literally. its the rockstar and codemasters deals and shit... well ok then

You guys ignoring the gog sale are missing on some of the best games ever made that will probably never be on steam, shame on you and kudos to the fellow gog lovers.

Yakkue

GMG encore day 2 is the same deals we just had 2 days ago, literally. its the rockstar and codemasters deals and shit... well ok then

Supposedly there'll be some completely new deals tomorrow.

You guys ignoring the gog sale are missing on some of the best games ever made that will probably never be on steam, shame on you and kudos to the fellow gog lovers.

Which games are you refering to?

Rhaknar

Supposedly there'll be some completely new deals tomorrow.

i just thought it was weird, I caught the sale late, like thursday or friday, so I have to assume in the first few days there were other publishers, I wasnt expecting the same ones from 2 days ago :p

edit: where did you see something about new deals anyway? they say this is the last day

Green Man Gaming ‏@GreenManGaming 18m

So, it's come to this. The very final day of our Summer Sale. Encore Day 2 starts now! http://ow.ly/xYl9d

Yakkue

edit: where did you see something about new deals anyway? they say this is the last day

Green Man Gaming ‏@GreenManGaming 18m

So, it's come to this. The very final day of our Summer Sale. Encore Day 2 starts now! http://ow.ly/xYl9d

Well, they didn't specifically say anything about new deals, but they said this in yesterdays email:

Be sure to stay tuned this weekend. Day 2 will start at 10am UTC on Saturday - you will find all the other offers you missed - plus we will have loads of surprises for you on Sunday.

Rhaknar

Well, they didn't specifically say anything about new deals, but they said this in yesterdays email:

cool. because right now im slightly miffed I didnt have the 25% voucher when I was raping my credit card and now that I do have one, theres nothing left :p

also the "other stuff" or whatever tab is a sea of missed opportunities. Contrast, Brothers and Betrayer could really have used more than 50%

edit: also Dark sale on GMG continues to taunt me because they have that ridiculous base price, so a 75% there is like 50% on steams base price

Dr Dogg

Ah bollocks! It's showing as $7.49 for me now. You have to have narcolepsy when it comes to GOG and Steam sales these days.

jEQa57G.png

IGN should hire this guy

"everything's terrible 8/10"

I think that's probably a 'Recommendation' before the positive and negative thumbs were added. All recommendations when the system transferred over automatically became positive so you'd have to manually change it. Which makes my sarcastic review of Deus Ex: The Invisible War work on another level now.

Edit: No looking at the post date that's waaaaay after. Obviously they got designs on being a professional 'reviewer'.

MoonGred

Does anyone know if there's a way to find out what keys you've already used from Indie Royale bundles?
Every time I go into a bundle the steam key is hidden, at first I figured that it's hidden because it hasn't been used, but that doesn't seem to be the case either.
I've got some many games double that I'd prefer to give away, I just don't know what keys have been used...

I know a lot of you use a spreadsheet to keep track of it, and I've been meaning to do this for the last 2 years, but procrastination and all...

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Does anyone know if there's a way to find out what keys you've already used from Indie Royale bundles?
Every time I go into a bundle the steam key is hidden, at first I figured that it's hidden because it hasn't been used, but that doesn't seem to be the case either.
I've got some many games double that I'd prefer to give away, I just don't know what keys have been used...

I know a lot of you use a spreadsheet to keep track of it, and I've been meaning to do this for the last 2 years, but procrastination and all...

I believe Steam no longer eats keys for games you already own, so if you load a key up for something it'll just pop up a "Product Already Owned" error and you'll be fine. The exception to this is when you "upgrade" a subscription to include DLC or extras like soundtracks. There's not too many of those though, comparatively.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If you think you've used them, you can do this:

Steam -> Change user -> Retrieve account info -> I don't know my account name -> I remember the product code I used

Unlike the product code activation form, however, this form doesn't validate the key (even typing in gibberish results in the "An e-mail has been sent ..." screen), so you'll need to check your inbox each and every time [you] input a code; if you don't get an e-mail, then it hasn't been activated.

Locust

http://www.desura.com/collection should have unclaimed keys still hidden. Note that you probably need to attach the Indieroyale bundles to your Desura account first with the "Your Desura key for this bundle is: X. Click it to connect these games with your Desura account." button on top of each individual bundle page.

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna clean up my wishlist today. I got 246 games on it, and should cut a lot of games and only go for the games I really want.

Rhaknar

what time do Gamersgate deals switch over? I have no idea where they are located

MoonGred

First time using Modbot let me know if things don't work

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeons of dremor -- MB-85505665AC52C0A2 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

So in my little tradition of "if a game is on sale, I own it and haven't beat it" I've re-installed Thief which I kinda, sorta gave up on three hours in. I was almost immediately reminded of why I didn't like it, there's simply too many actions tied context sensitive prompts. Beat the third mission and thankfully it looks like there's only five more. Gonna try to hammer through it this weekend.

Rhaknar

I bet Ill enjoy Thief, since Ill play it like it was some sort of Dishonored prequel, and not a Thief game.

Just like I enjoyed Hitman as a Splinter Cell game, or Tomb Raider as Uncharted

MoonGred

Seeing as it worked, here's another one.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Binding of Isaac Plus DLC -- MB-11BF16B06B4434B0 - Taken by Benedict

Rhaknar

seems its Squeenix for 48 hours on Gamersgate, but very limited. just Sleepy Dogs, Deus Ex and TR stuff

theres also a DRM free (not steam key) Witcher 2 deal, before people ask if its a steam key

Tizoc

A PC port being developed in tandem could explain why it took 18 months to port the game to the Wii U.

THE PLOT THICKENS!
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they had various other titles planned for Steam/PC but just waited for their finances to be at such a point that after releasing these games on PC, their stock/financial performance won't take a hit so as to please stockholders.

seems its Squeenix for 48 hours on Gamersgate, but very limited. just Sleepy Dogs, Deus Ex and TR stuff

How much they offering for TR Underworld and Guardian of Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom