• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Anyone tried Space Colony? The HD-version is on sale on GOG and it looks good.

Thank god I already own my most wanted GOG games so I can used more on the Gaben money rape.

Uzzy

Wonder if we'd get Bayonetta 1 at least on Steam some months after it's Wii U release...

I'd buy it for me and all my friends day 1, but Platinum seem annoyingly determined to make it so all their games are playable by as small an audience as possible.

How much they offering for TR Underworld and Guardian of Light?

£3.75 for Guardian of Light will all the DLC. Doesn't look like Underworld is available.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Human Revolution Directors Cut 50%

Deus Ex Collection (which includes HR Dir.Cut) 75%

I see what you did there Gamersgate

Gvaz

Banned
I know. I also like Colonial Marines more than Bioshock Infinite

Granted both are good games to me, but If I had to pick one to play right this instant it would be DA2.

Well Bioshock infinite is really bad anyways. Bioshock infinite would be better if it was System Shock 3.

DA2 though, it's just awful. It's okay if you like watching a train derail and can't stop watching but there's nothing redeeming about it.

Tizoc

lol you cray
Oh I know I'm cray; I'm a blind optimist.

we're never getting bayonetta T_T
Just because Crows aren't going extinct doesn't mean we gotta shove them down GAFfer's throats every time they become proven wrong.

Look to Jase for positive inspiration, now that's one GAFfer who'll end til the end of the universe for Wheelman on Steam...and he'll get it!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Look to Jase for positive inspiration, now that's one GAFfer who'll end til the end of the universe for Wheelman on Steam...and he'll get it!

I dozed off earlier today and dreamt that I was at Vin Diesel's wedding. I didn't think to ask him about Wheelman, though. :(

Gvaz

Banned
I hate steam reviews

1. some people put a million words into their reviews, aint no one got time for that shit, tell me in as few words as possible why it owns
2. length of review does not correlate to people's ratings of your review. If you post a short "game sucks/owns" or post a long "go into detail on why it sucks/owns", if everyone likes the game, you'll be voted up, otherwise expect to be downvoted because you are voting "differently"

"what do you mean you don't like the game? obviously you're a fucking moron"

Hey, suck my dick retards.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I hate steam reviews

1. some people put a million words into their reviews, aint no one got time for that shit, tell me in as few words as possible why it owns
2. length of review does not correlate to people's ratings of your review. If you post a short "game sucks/owns" or post a long "go into detail on why it sucks/owns", if everyone likes the game, you'll be voted up, otherwise expect to be downvoted because you are voting "differently"

Only one sentence long joke reviews seem to be getting attention. It's really sad, because many people clearly put a lot of effort in their reviews and they get ignored. Same thing with Steam Tags, it is more like a plaything for users rather than a tool to sort out games in categories

Mechazawa

I hate steam reviews

If you're resorting to random Steam users to dictate a purchasing decision instead of any number of other variables, I would think, at that point, you would want someone to make sure they don't come off as an illiterate, mouthbreathing moron and be able to articulate why they like something.

Gvaz

Banned
If you're resorting to random Steam users to dictate a purchasing decision instead of any number of other variables, I would think, at that point, you would want someone to make sure they don't come off as an illiterate, mouthbreathing moron and be able to articulate why they like something.

Because of all the shitty steam reviews that exist, I wouldn't use them for purchasing decisions.

There are other games that don't need reviews really for them, like KOTOR for example. Don't know what KOTOR is other than it's an rpg with star wars? Have you been living under a rock? Honestly, all the reviews should just be "why isn't this in your library already"

Full stop.

M.D

Is Amnesia usually on sale during the steam sales? Its $3.99 on gog right now, but I would prefer to buy it on steam if I can

Tizoc

Actually wait I think I will get it off Gamersgate since the GoL+Kain skin DLC together would be a little over $2.49.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Amnesia usually on sale during the steam sales? Its $3.99 on gog right now, but I would prefer to buy it on steam if I can

I dont remember a steam sale where Amnesia wasnt featured as a daily/flash/whatever

Finished Watch_Dogs and it's now the 67th game I've finished this year.
Took me around 16-17hrs to complete, although I did get distracted with the ctOS missions and the gang hideouts and the criminal convoys.

Anyway, I thought the game was pretty cool.
Day 1 it was a bit meh because of the stuttering issue, but it seems like a driver update or a patch has fixed that because I stopped getting those.

I love the hacking in the game and taking down enemies with putting up blockers or something, although I don't really like how it does a Takedown Cam like Burnout when you get rid of someone, during high speed chases that shit made me crash into a few walls.

Police chases in general were very underwhelming though because they were so easy to get out of, either craft a blackout and sneak your way out Sam Fisher style or make a dash to the ocean because the police don't have any boats, the only police that can follow you are helicopters and there's a pretty cheap upgrade which disables them for 15s and another one which disables them for 30s, more than enough time to get out of their range.

My favourite moments of Watch_Dogs are probably just the moments where i'm driving around in first person just acting all chill, or when it's a windy and rainy night and I'm just strolling along, so calm.

Soundtrack is really meh though, I created my own playlist after listening to nearly all the songs I had at the time and only about 3 or 4 actually appealed to me, which is a shame since ACIV had the sea shanties and basically all of those were my jam.

Multiplayer is very fun, although I do wish there was more to do in the multiplayer, a friend of mine suggested that there should be ways to stop crimes while in multiplayer free roam and I think that'd be really rad.

Overall though, I really liked the game and I'll probably keep it installed for a while.
Oh and why doesn't Uplay keep track of my total time played? It makes sure to tell me after every single session how long I played for, but there's no total time played...WHY NOT?! Well I know why not, because Uplay is crap, but it's just annoying.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh I know I'm cray; I'm a blind optimist.

Just because Crows aren't going extinct doesn't mean we gotta shove them down GAFfer's throats every time they become proven wrong.

well i don't really care how i get to play it on pc as long as i do get to play it

so i'm optimist for an emulator some day down the line

I dozed off earlier today and dreamt that I was at Vin Diesel's wedding. I didn't think to ask him about Wheelman, though. :(
i had a dream yesterday where i was making my own coins with like my face on em

somehow it still managed to be pretty grim like most of my dreams :3

Rhaknar

GMG only allows 5 items in your basket... fucking CUNTS.

MoonGred

GMG only allows 5 items in your basket... fucking CUNTS.

They also change your currency from AUD to EURO for no reason whatsoever.

I'm sure this isn't a common thing, but happened to me, and there was no support to speak of, still pissed off about that.

Elixist

I hate steam reviews

my favorite is seeing year old reviews that are like this shits amazing yo! time played 26 mins.

I'm getting "server not found" when trying to load the steam store from a web browser. The store, forums and friend pages don't load from the steam client either, though I can access my library of games.

Anyone ever have a similar problem? Of course this would show up right before the summer sale.

Darkroronoa

I certainly enjoyed it as a single player game. It shines in co-op though.

Yes especially in co-op.
Lowest it's been is $1.99, without DLC, but the only DLC I'd get are the Kain and Raziel skins.

Great! Thanks for the info! I guess i should wait for steam summer sale, i might be able to grab it from amazon for even cheaper ($/€) if they price match.

Now "off topic", its been 4 hours and still i have not got all 4 trading cards from idling orcs must die 2 >.<

MoonGred

Alright last two for the night. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fear 3 -- MB-A2A4A594A460AF4D - Taken by Knurek
Reus -- MB-6BF7F3DE50C0BC9D - Taken by Sub Zero

oh god spelunky minis are coming back and there's even new ones

BqCY4-CCMAAIrWb.jpg:large

I just hate blind boxes
They go through the effort of re-producing existing ones, even going so far as making new figures and they STILL forget about the pug damsel? Bullshit.

googling "ps3 emulator" brought up some sites that made me feel unclean
Even if there was a PS3 emulator, why would you deliberately want to play that version of Bayonetta? Its port is notoriously bad.

Yakkue

I'm getting "server not found" when trying to load the steam store from a web browser. The store, forums and friend pages don't load from the steam client either, though I can access my library of games.

Anyone ever have a similar problem? Of course this would show up right before the summer sale.
Everything loads fine for me. You can check here if the problem is on your end or if it's for everyone:
http://steamstat.us/

Everything loads fine for me. You can check here if the problem is on your end or if it's for everyone:
http://steamstat.us/

Everything seems fine on steams stats. The problem is probably on my end, though I'm not sure what is wrong.

I read about flushing the DNS servers and tried that with no change. It was working fine at the beginning of the week so I'm not sure what has changed.

Edit: The error code from the store client is "steam error code 105"

Edit2: Manually set DNS servers and that fixed the issue. I don't need these kind of problems in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom