• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Everything seems fine on steams stats. The problem is probably on my end, though I'm not sure what is wrong.

I read about flushing the DNS servers and tried that with no change. It was working fine at the beginning of the week so I'm not sure what has changed.

Edit: The error code from the store client is "steam error code 105"

have you Tried resetting your router ?

Anteater

Grid 2 looks incredibly pretty, too bad I can't really force too high fsaa or downsampling with my card, the slight jaggies kind of ruin it a bit but it's not so bad. The game feels a lot different than Grid 1 as well so I kind of enjoy it.

The camera for replays could use a little work though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Best Aquaman.

True but Adult Swim Aquaman is close.

aquaman.jpg

Think I might pick up Croixleur Sigma today. Been sitting on my wishlist for a while now and I'm too impatient for a Steam sell.

Course Armored Hunter GUNHOUND EX is pretty tempting too...

Tizoc

Think I might pick up Croixleur Sigma today. Been sitting on my wishlist for a while now and I'm too impatient for a Steam sell.

Course Armored Hunter GUNHOUND EX is pretty tempting too...

Gunhound EX is a much better game than Croixleur Sigma IMO.
It's like traditional Metal Slug and has replayability. Only thing I have issue with is that it's pixelated and I don't know to smooth the sprites....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's like traditional Metal Slug and has replayability. Only thing I have issue with is that it's pixelated and I don't know to smooth the sprites....

1316713879_castle_reaction.gif

Dambrosi

Banned

is what the above poster really meant.

It's called Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken, you beautiful child of the Sun, you. No, I don't care if you're too young to remember the SNES.

Also, just because Gunhound EX is better doesn't make Croixleur bad. They're completely different game types, and besides, Croixleur has waifus, while Gunhound has waifu (singular). So it depends on your tolerance for animu gals in your vidya.

Vazduh

Not much, but something's better than nothing :) :

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

State of Decay -- MB-230FBB35687C43C1

t1402762615z1.png

Take my spare ....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-C3CBF8B335C2CAC5

t1402762765z1.png

I hate steam reviews

1. some people put a million words into their reviews, aint no one got time for that shit, tell me in as few words as possible why it owns
2. length of review does not correlate to people's ratings of your review. If you post a short "game sucks/owns" or post a long "go into detail on why it sucks/owns", if everyone likes the game, you'll be voted up, otherwise expect to be downvoted because you are voting "differently"

"what do you mean you don't like the game? obviously you're a fucking moron"

Hey, suck my dick retards.

Ain't no one got time to scroll through 5 reviews at a time when there's over a thousand for the game.

Out of the first 20, barring any major changes to the game, the top reviews will be selected for the course of the game.

warheat

Just finished this game for the first time
9K27VEF.png

HL1 is miles better, spent 1/3 of the game driving stupid car or whatever that is, what happened with good old run and shoot, the boss fight is almost non-existant.
The battle in City 17 where you have to kill bunch of Striders
is really really great though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not much, but something's better than nothing :) :

not much? not only is State of Decay awesome, but its fairly recent, and not bundle fodder. Why downplay your giveaway? I blame the duck avatar

anyway, this ubisoft bundle at GMG is actually steam keys, slightly tempting since I dont own half of it

Lomax

not much? not only is State of Decay awesome, but its fairly recent, and not bundle fodder. Why downplay your giveaway? I blame the duck avatar

anyway, this ubisoft bundle at GMG is actually steam keys, slightly tempting since I dont own half of it

Seems like the Ubi deals are EU only :( Guess I'll wait until the steam sale to pick up Gunslinger.

Sorry if this has been asked like clockworks.

Is there any working GMG voucher currently? Can I use it with credits?

There are no vouchers working currently that work with credits.

Generic 15% off - IFDSUM-MERSAL-E15OFF

One time 25% off - https://freegame.greenmangaming.com/

Tizoc

is what the above poster really meant.

It's called Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken, you beautiful child of the Sun, you. No, I don't care if you're too young to remember the SNES.

Also, just because Gunhound EX is better doesn't make Croixleur bad. They're completely different game types, and besides, Croixleur has waifus, while Gunhound has waifu (singular). So it depends on whether you can stand animu gals in your vidya.

Well I actually can't stand animu moesluts and loliwhores, so on the one hand you can say I have a bias :V

Putting aside the waifu nonsense, I found myself enjoying Gunhound EX a lot more, especially since I played it AFTER Mercenary Kings which disappointed me sadly. The Musou gameplay of Sigma kinda wore off on me after some time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Mr. Bree -- MB-B1DDB40E6AB83EFF - Taken by Scipius
Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-D73B5858C4535CBC - Taken by Eanan

yatesl

I think I've asked this before, but what are people's opinions on the 'grey market'?

Currently The Witcher 3 (ROW) is going for 13 TF2 keys - £18.20 or so, or the RUS/CiS version from GoG (with a proxy) is £12.33. That's a decent chunk of change from £39.99 on Steam.

Dunbar

Is there a fast/easy way to turn on voice chat through Steam if you're playing a game that doesn't support it natively? I'm getting ready to play Baldur's Gate:EE with a friend and it doesn't have a voice chat option in the game.

Zafir

Is there a fast/easy way to turn on voice chat through Steam if you're playing a game that doesn't support it natively? I'm getting ready to play Baldur's Gate:EE with a friend and it doesn't have a voice chat option in the game.
Do it through a chatbox with the person, or make a group chat for a group, then enable it in that.

Edit: To add, it's a menu on the top right of the window.

Deques

I think I've asked this before, but what are people's opinions on the 'grey market'?

Currently The Witcher 3 (ROW) is going for 13 TF2 keys - £18.20 or so, or the RUS/CiS version from GoG (with a proxy) is £12.33. That's a decent chunk of change from £39.99 on Steam.

Get The Witcher 3 in Steam and redeem it on GoG

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's rewarding but potentially holds nasty surprises if you don't know what to look out for (e.g. buying the RU/CIS version of Thi4f would've been a bad idea) or who to buy from (e.g. I wouldn't trust an account that's only been around for a few months).

Yakkue

Do it through a chatbox with the person, or make a group chat for a group, then enable it in that.

Edit: To add, it's a menu on the top right of the window.

If you need a guide for that: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=164655181

KarmaCow

So I was playing Oil Rush for the Playfire rewards, it's basically like Eufloria, got bored of it before getting the achievments I needed. But I just noticed one of the achievements for it.

iNodkRE.png

Uh...hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom