• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

So I was playing Oil Rush for the Playfire rewards, it's basically like Eufloria, got bored of it before getting the achievments I needed. But I just noticed one of the achievements for it.

iNodkRE.png

Uh...hmm.

Great one :D

Speaking of achievements:

I think I've asked this before, but what are people's opinions on the 'grey market'?

Currently The Witcher 3 (ROW) is going for 13 TF2 keys - £18.20 or so, or the RUS/CiS version from GoG (with a proxy) is £12.33. That's a decent chunk of change from £39.99 on Steam.
I usually don't actively seek those traders, in Witcher 3's case, I was very happy to pay full price for it, I only did it because I know I'm going to buy from GOG or pick up the collector's edition later.

I have no guilt for buying cheap copies of games that are region locked, censored or have Ubisoft's AAA premium bullshit pricing.

OMG Halo 2 on Steam
You got me excited for a second, you're horrible.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I always seek the cheapest possible price. Some people have a family to think about; I have my game count.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Multiplayer achievements have been systematically killing my desire to 100% open world games, I guess I should be thankful for when they're included since it means I don't waste as much time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -- MB-5437C388AF470A3F - Taken by Halo 2

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Multiplayer achievements have been systematically killing my desire to 100% open world games, I guess I should be thankful for when they're included since it means I don't waste as much time.

I wish devs would go update lists to dynamically show no multiplayer achievements after a point (so later players can still 100%), but still show the achievements that people got when the multiplayer was still alive so that they can still feel cool or something. But yeah, fuck 'em. No one wants to play that tacked on crap.

JaseC

I wish devs would go update lists to dynamically show no multiplayer achievements after a point (so later players can still 100%), but still show the achievements that people got when the multiplayer was still alive so that they can still feel cool or something. But yeah, fuck 'em. No one wants to play that tacked on crap.

I feel for "achievement whores" who'll fire up a Uplay game in 10 years' time and find that half of the achievements are unobtainable because they're tied to the MP and the service is dead.

Won Alien Zombie Megadeath from a generous Gaffer here and was so surprised by what a cool old school experience it is that I was compelled to seek out the bundle it's in (which is here but ending in a few hours), so now I have an extra copy to give away. The screenshots don't look all that good, but don't judge a book by its cover on this one!

I accidentally tried to redeem Galcon Fusion, only to be informed I already have it. I was still able to create a gift link though, so it should still work. If it doesn't, I apologize.

The last key is for COH2 multiplayer access. I honestly have no idea how that works, if it still works, or if you need the base game. I'm giving it away anyway, in the hopes that someone will know more and can use it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Company of Heroes 2 Multiplayer Access -- MB-A173D3096F36400E
Alien Zombie Megadeath -- MB-62030A8EAD5963D8 - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.
Galcon Fusion -- MB-B5892ECE82AF6586 - Taken by Dimitri2401. 1 entrants total.

t1402760116z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I feel for "achievement whores" who'll fire up a Uplay game in 10 years' time and find that half of the achievements are unobtainable because they're tied to the MP and the service is dead.

I'm crossing my fingers for Uplay's death leading to Steamworks overhauls for the entire Ass Creed series, achievements and all... with the lists updated to exclude multiplayer. It would be a great excuse for an 8K 240 fps series replay.

Vazduh

Bump

ModBot said:
Instructions for Vazduh:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

State of Decay -- MB-230FBB35687C43C1 - Taken by Majukun. 63 entrants total.

t1402762615z1.png

Derp

So Destiny on PC is a "heavy point of discussion" according to Activision, and a "natural fit" for the game.... as expected. After yesterday's conversation in this thread, it's amusing timing

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ac...-destiny-on-pc-is-a-natural-fit/1100-6420475/
Activision's PR talk is hilariously degrading. My favourite parts:
"It is [a good fit], and it's something we're talking about and looking at very carefully, and obviously it makes a lot of sense with the genre and the type of game it is,"
"You know, developing on PC is a different animal than developing for consoles"

JaseC

I'm crossing my fingers for Uplay's death leading to Steamworks overhauls for the entire Ass Creed series, achievements and all... with the lists updated to exclude multiplayer. It would be a great excuse for an 8K 240 fps series replay.

I just hope it results in Ubi finally putting Tintin on Steam. ;)

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Muffin Knight -- MB-1C3D794D0613541D - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 5 entrants total.
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-60544E8AD527E1A8 - Taken by liezryou. 1 entrants total.
Iron Grip: Warlord -- MB-A7B0554BCBC341C4 - Taken by nature boy. 1 entrants total.

t1402761317z1.png

Good luck.

Tizoc

They will crash hard.

...but is it on the first day of the sale? Cuz if so, the following games require under OR whereabouts 10 Keys each and I'm planning on stocking up for them:
Divinity OS
Transformers: Rise of Dark Spark
Witcher 3

Other games I could save up keys for include odd Indie game everyone's getting all hype over.

...I need to check my wishlist again >_>;

Nzyme32

I just hope it results in Ubi finally putting Tintin on Steam. ;)

Since there is another Tintin movie in the works, I'd assume there would be another game. They might just put both up on Steam around the same time. Bit of a stretch but a possibility.

Dr Dogg

And despit Call of Duty getting shat on by all and sundry at leat they have seperate apps for both SP and MP with achievement lists for each. That's how it should be and something like Tomb Raider who's MP was DOA with about a fifth of the avhievements tied to them wouldn't matter so much as you could just ignor the MP app.

I feel sorry for someone trying to play a Uplay game in 5 years time and it not starting due to not recovering their profile as the service is dead. Had a mini panic when AC II wasn't working the other day but I needed to download licences from Uplay's servers to allow the game to work with Uplay offline.

JaseC

Since there is another Tintin movie in the works, I'd assume there would be another game. They might just put both up on Steam around the same time. Bit of a stretch but a possibility.

Yeah, I'm hoping Ubi was contracted for both films, akin to Acti's commitment to Sony with TASM. Time will tell.

So, what's the site that cross-checks the games and achievements you have with the playfire rewards?

http://steamlessness.appspot.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom