• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never gotten into the Devil May Cry series and I kinda want to. Questions:

1. How are DmC, Devil May Cry 3, and Devil May Cry 4?
2. Will they be on sale during the Steam sale next week?

1) Great, Amazing, Fantastic, respectively.
2) DmC will likely be a daily deal or flash sale, Capcom puts it up a lot. DMC3 and 4 come in a bundle super cheap during all sales.

danielcw

I've never done that myself, so I can't really give you any advice on that, sorry. However, I believe most game-for-keys-trades are made at this site, and this guide might help you along.

Thanks, but that and some basic googling did not really help me understand, yet.

If you have to buy keys with real money, why dont people just buy the game with real money.
Or are there people willing to trade keys against games at a "loss", or exploiting regional price differences?
Did TF2 keys become a meta currency?

Jawmuncher

Capcom games are always on sale at one point or another during the sales.

Port wise DmC and DMC4 are great ports. 3 is older and not perfect but still easily playable and works well enough.

If you've never played DMC before you need to know that DmC is really its own thing/spinoff and doesn't play like 3 and 4. With that said playing them in the order of release is the best bet. But if you only want to play one then 3 is the way to go. It has the deep combat and the best story out of the first 4 games.

1) Great, Amazing, Fantastic, respectively.
2) DmC will likely be a daily deal or flash sale, Capcom puts it up a lot. DMC3 and 4 come in a bundle super cheap during all sales.

Yay! Now I wait.
299.gif

Edit:
I'll probably play all of them so I'll start with 3. Are there mods to upgrade the graphics? Also how much are they usually on sale for? The DMC3 and 4 bundle is $30 so -75% would be $7.50. DmC is $50 and -75% is $12.50 (cutting it close to my limit for the price of one game).

zkylon

zkylewd
Everything to me in the game worked fine. The only thing that I really found negative was the reusing of areas. That was pretty unforgivable but I had fun with everything else especially the characters.
hmm ok i disagree i think it was terrible in almost every way and it rolled back on most of what was interesting about da1 plus reused maps and enemy wave things but you know if it was your thing more power to ya

tbh i liked it better than mass effect 3

since it's confusing i'll just give my opinions on all of em (but 2)
dmc: no idea

dmc3: best one in the series easily, awesome boss fights, levels, weapons, the story is fucking suda51 insane, i love the style system and everything about it is amazing.

dmc4: refines some stuff about dmc3 but i don't find nero nearly as much fun to play as dante and just overall it's a less fun less exciting game

i think i heard dmc3 pc version is pretty bad tho, i played it on the ps2 and it's the best shit ever but i dunno

Jawmuncher

hmm ok i disagree i think it was terrible in almost every way and it rolled back on most of what was interesting about da1 plus reused maps and enemy wave things but you know if it was your thing more power to ya

tbh i liked it better than mass effect 3

I was never involved heavily with DA1 like most people despite really liking it so the changes never bothered me. Though to be fair I don't mind radical changes in sequels. I was even excited for Dino Crisis 3 at one point but fuck that game.

Yakkue

Thanks, but that and some basic googling did not really help me understand, yet.

If you have to buy keys with real money, why dont people just buy the game with real money.
Or are there people willing to trade keys against games at a "loss", or exploiting regional price differences?

I think it basically comes down to regional price differences. Especially in russia games are far cheaper, so traders from that region can make a profit by trading games for keys.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was never involved heavily with DA1 like most people despite really liking it so the changes never bothered me. Though to be fair I don't mind radical changes in sequels. I was even excited for Dino Crisis 3 at one point but fuck that game.
systems wise i really really disliked them taking out all the outside-combat skills and just making it a linear thing rather than open world-ish

it just turned a game that was reminiscent of old school rpgs into a mass effect-like thing in which neither the lore nor the actual quest design/combat was very good

like da1 didn't have all that much going for it but for me it captured a good amount of the essence of like good rpgs so you know, it was pretty cool.

so like it's not that i was really invested in da1 or anything (tho i did really enjoy paladin dude from da1 becoming a deadbeat drunk in da2 after i dumped his ass in da1), but more about bioware walking away from the things they copied from the really good games that made da1 special for me

but yea nowhere near close to the trainwreck that is me3

Gibbo

Man I want to play Dragon Age 1 (have never tried it) , but I'm relatively new to modding. Took a look at some of the mods on Nexusmods and the process of applying those mods itself seem abit too much of a hassle.

Arma III's performance is really weird, I need to look into what is killing my framerate other than visibility distance. Was crazy though, game is obviously very CPU dependent as I turned the game scaling from 100% to 200% and only lost 2 frames. Lol Didn't seem to gain much extra performance from overclocking either though so I don't know what's up.

Man I want to play Dragon Age 1 (have never tried it) , but I'm relatively new to modding. Took a look at some of the mods on Nexusmods and the process of applying those mods itself seem abit too much of a hassle.
Most of the mods work with nexus's mod manager, other .dazip files can be used with DA:O's built in mod tool.

Levyne

Banned
I found Dragon Age 1 to be a really fun experience and I didn't even look into modding it. But yeah, the tool/configuration executable (whatever) that it uses for the .dazip files is really intuitive and easy to figure out, so if mods are able to use that then it shouldn't be a hassle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It can work out a little cheaper when you're buying higher-priced items. For example, let's assume somebody wants to buy The Witcher 3 and the trader has the full 20% discount: 839.2 rubles converts to approximately $24.40, which would cost you 13 keys or $25.50/$26 through PayPal. At market prices, 13 keys would set you back around $31, making PayPal the more attractive option; however, if you instead bought them at, say, $1.85 a piece through a trader, you'd be looking at a total cost of approximately $24.05.

The latter.

Think of them like $2 coins for Steam.

If you apply one mod to Dragon Age this year, apply Skip The Fade.

zkylon

zkylewd
Think of them like $2 coins for Steam.

$2.43 coins for me T_T

Don't bother with DMC3 or 4, DmC is the best in the series by far, well worth the money.
huh what you're talking about

i haven't played dmc but why would you not play dmc3 aka one of the best character action games evar because some other game with different mechanics made by a different studio with a different main character and story is better (which i bet is arguable as fuck)?

play dmc3 and dmc4, they're both amazing games

I beat Origins on the PS3 back when it come out and remember nothing about the Fade other than the kid it was tied to. Certainly don't remember it being any worse than any of the other areas in the game. What's so bad about it?

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i played da1 with just the mod that removed the spiders

man those things were really fucking nightmarish

Yeah, but 90% of the time they're worth $2+ to the seller.
also when buying it i found out about the "tf2 fee". basically steam takes 10% from your purchases for random reasons

like i get what i'm doing is pretty shit already so i shouldn't be complaining but when you're taxing stupid stuff like this you deserve everyone backdooring your system with trades and paypal and crap

don't worry cdpr, i'll back all of your kickstarters, i have money saved up for that

What are you, zkylon 2?
hey now let's not be hasty

there can only be one me

$2.43 coins for me T_T

huh what you're talking about

i haven't played dmc but why would you not play dmc3 aka one of the best character action games evar because some other game with different mechanics made by a different studio with a different main character and story is better (which i bet is arguable as fuck)?

play dmc3 and dmc4, they're both amazing games

The story in 3 was lame and playing through everything twice in 4 was the worst, DmC has the best story and gameplay in the series, in my opinion. By all means, he should play 3 and 4 to see if he likes them though, just stating my opinion on the matter.

Skip DmC, play DMC3 on consoles since the pc version is broken, buy DMC4 during the summer seal.

There, i solved it for you. :)
Yep, this is the best way, well you could also play DMC3 through PCSX2 if you don't have it a console, but yeah this is definitely the way to go.

DMC3 and DMC4 are amazing.
TheGamingBritShow recently released a video discussing DMC3 and DMC4 and it's a pretty good review on the games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPqrXC5hpSQ
Spoilers are involved though so don't watch it if you haven't played the games or if you dont care about the story

zkylon

zkylewd
The story in 3 was lame and playing through everything twice in 4 was the worst, DmC has the best story and gameplay in the series, in my opinion. By all means, he should play 3 and 4 to see if he likes them though, just stating my opinion on the matter.
yea like for me it's cool if you like dmc better and i won't really argue with you since i haven't played it but i can't imagine it being badass enough to render 3 and 4 obsolete, specially 3

also i dunno i really liked how hilariously silly the story was in dmc3, it's the kind of story i like in this sort of games since it just works as an excuse for ridiculous fighting scenes and crazy bosses and characters and shit

it really elevates the game for me, it's one of the reasons i love bayonetta so much even if it runs like shit on ps3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
also when buying it i found out about the "tf2 fee". basically steam takes 10% from your purchases for random reasons

Well, 10% is the developer cut, but you could make the argument that it shouldn't be present on items for Valve's own games that weren't community-created, seeing as Valve has a market-wide 5% cut.

Jawmuncher

I need to make a few badges when I get back so hopefully I can make the summer badge and sell the left over summer cards again for a good price.

Salsa

I forgot all about that Aquaman! I never really got into The Brave and the Bold, but that was definitely best Aquaman. None of that 90s angst to get in the way of class.

the trend of people in this thread not watching the best cartoons continues

mrgone

the trend of people in this thread not watching the best cartoons continues

I watched the shit out of Batman The Animated Series and Justice League. Next you're gonna tell me Teen Titans was awesome or something (was it? I could never get past the whole animu thing)

Salsa

I watched the shit out of Batman The Animated Series and Justice League. Next you're gonna tell me Teen Titans was awesome or something (was it? I could never get past the whole animu thing)

TAS was GOAT but brave and bold is second

gonna ignore the australian like saoirse does

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, 10% is the developer cut, but you could make the argument that it shouldn't be present on items for Valve's own games that weren't community-created, seeing as Valve has a market-wide 5% cut.
yeah like i can accept a general service fee or whatever but that added 10% was just painful

next time i might just go shadier :3

probably not, this already scared the shit out me

Tizoc

SPawn%20Series.jpeg

The goat.

The comics were mediocre at best I hear. I plan on reading the first 40 issues then stop.
Someday.

The 90s DID have some good comics though like Hellboy. Dunno about early 90s though...ah wait there was Mark Waid's Flash run which was during the early 90s.

The comics were mediocre at best I hear. I plan on reading the first 40 issues then stop.
Someday.

The 90s DID have some good comics though like Hellboy. Dunno about early 90s though...ah wait there was Mark Waid's Flash run which was during the early 90s.

Never read the comics, but the show is great and holds up reasonably well. For people one of the first "adult" oriented animation shows it's not nearly as crude as others of the same era. Doesn't really have much of an ending though, should have done another season HBO ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom