• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

also gotta love how that Dead Rising dev showed up, pretty much said we're all right in what we assumed, and there's already a bunch of users who were pissed apologizing or acting all kind just because the dude popped up as if he was a cop or something

Grief.exe

Goddamn that 21:9 monitor thread. I'm now semi-serious in getting one.

I'm hoping that OLED yields steadily increase and drop the monitors down to consumer level pricing. Would love to get my hands on a 1440p, OLED, 120Hz, Gsync monitor sometime in 2015.

I generally play console games using my monitor, I'd imagine even PS4 games would look horrible upscaled to 1440p, let alone PS3 games. I guess that is where something like an XRGB comes in, though those might not go up to 1440p either.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All this talk about Final Fantasy games coming to Steam. I would buy them all.

Another series I'd like to see represented (but will never happen): Dragon Quest. They remade IV, V, VI for the DS. They also made IX for the DS. They even recently re-released VIII (originally a PS2 game) on Android.

Even if they just released lazy ports of the DS / mobile versions (like they did with Final Fantasy III recently) I would buy them all again.

EDIT: Also give us Final Fantasy Dimensions, please and thank you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Another series I'd like to see represented (but will never happen): Dragon Quest. They remade IV, V, VI for the DS. They also made IX for the DS. They even recently re-released VIII (originally a PS2 game) on Android.

Even if they just released lazy ports of the DS / mobile versions (like they did with Final Fantasy III recently) I would buy them all again.

I've been playing Dragon Quest I/Dragon Warrior for the GBC recently to get into the franchise, and I would buy that immediately if it was put on Steam.

dream

I feel like a terrible, undiscriminating because I love the Dead Rising series so much that I don't care if Dead Rising 3 is 30fps. I just want to play the thing.

Arthea

If FF3 sales impressed SE somewhat, we can assume that 4, 5, 6 will be coming, even Dimensions and FFT are likely, other than that, too much work for SE and DQ is not popular enough in the west for SE even to consider.

Tizoc

yeah it also took them 9 years and it becoming one of the most well regarded games of all time

Did it really take them 9 years to do all that ish for RE4 though >_>; ?
I'll just say what I said the first time the 30 FPS thing was brought up regarding DR3:
This is just the initial backlash that is being over exaggerated. Once the game is out we'll find eventually find a fix for the FPS thing and none will be the wiser, OR the game will run fine at 60 FPS.

I've seen posts where people were glad with Capcom's PC ports and now all of a sudden they flip a 180.

Salsa

FC0D9D40A7AA58A3D742F00F6BC1D45367D45B1A

no one can see me while I cook this shitty dinner

Salsa

Did it really take them 4 years to do all that ish though >_>; ?
I'll just say what I said the first time the 30 FPS thing was brought up regarding DR3:
This is just the initial backlash that is being over exaggerated. Once the game is out we'll find eventually find a fix for the FPS thing and none will be the wiser, OR the game will run fine at 60 FPS.

I've seen posts where people were glad with Capcom's PC ports and now all of a sudden they flip a 180.

you mean people have standards now and demand what's expected? oh damn we've all gone to hell

shit im as glad as anyone that Dead Rising 3 is coming but let's not get silly. The game costs money, I work to have money, I dont wanna "settle", I wanna play it like I should be able to. This videocard cost me money. moneymoneymoney

"you should be happy it's coming to PC at all!" is some dreadful Dark Souls reveal memories that I dont wanna relive. customers are weird.

pahamrick

I feel like a terrible, undiscriminating because I love the Dead Rising series so much that I don't care if Dead Rising 3 is 30fps. I just want to play the thing.

Don't feel bad, I'm the same way. I'd rather crank the effects and AA and lock at 30 then turn stuff down for 60. Probably helps that I play on a TV though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Have you seen Dragon Warrior III on GBC? Apparently it is very good, but very rare at this point.

Yeah, I've got a copy of it that I bought back in December of 2013. It wasn't CIB, but it did come with the cart and the manual for $15. I'm planning on playing the series in order in time for DQ VII 3D to be localized. Only ones I don't currently have access to are VII and VIII.

Tenrius

Not really a problem the benefit of support 1440/1080 keeps your game looking perfect at non native resolution with black bars, having played on a 21:9 screen with a game at 16:9 is not a problem and the focus on black bars disappears within a minute or two.

Of course you can always fix most games to support that resolution:

Pictures from Stallion Free and Dr Dogg.

I recognize Alan Wake, Dark Souls and Dead Space, but what is the fourth game?

Nzyme32

Would preorder the day of announcement. I want my HD Lightning.

Is this FFXIII? If so that is a bit more likely than some of the others since they aparrently were all running on a PC at one point http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-in-bringing-future-final-fantasy-games-to-pc

All this FF talk is bugging me, I've never played one, but the way everyone talks about it, I know if they were on steam at a cheap price for me to start at, I'd give it a good try and see how I felt

Tizoc

you mean people have standards now and demand what's expected? oh damn we've all gone to hell

shit im as glad as anyone that Dead Rising 3 is coming but let's not get silly. The game costs money, I work to have money, I dont wanna "settle", I wanna play it like I should be able to. This videocard cost me money. moneymoneymoney

"you should be happy it's coming to PC at all!" is some dreadful Dark Souls reveal memories that I dont wanna relive. customers are weird.

I don't think the last part is what I was going for, but rather that there were games where on GAF we bitched about how it didn't get released as expected but GAFfers still ended up buying it and ended up liking it (Watch_dogs for example). Furthermore I've come to not take much of what developers say about PC versions or Ports too at face value (Killer is Dead requirements seemed overstated for me).

If anything, Capcom's past PC ports over the past year have been good, so despite the 'limitations' imposed due to the XBone ver. we wouldn't know how severe the issue would be running the game at 60 FPS will be until we actually play it.

As such I think GAFfers are jumping the gun regarding DR3, and by the time the game gets released and it turns out the issues aren't as severe as initially thought...well the cycle won't ever end there >_>

Arthea

About Sprintires, what exactly is goal of playing, if there is one. I watched some vids, but it remains unclear to me (considering adding it to my wishlist). Is it exploration and vehicle building game?

Yakkue

I already own them all as well, but would buy them immediately at full price. I'd love to play them on a bigger screen someday.

Salsa

I don't think the last part is what I was going for, but rather that there were games where on GAF we bitched about how it didn't get released as expected but GAFfers still ended up buying it and ended up liking it (Watch_dogs for example). Furthermore I've come to not take much of what developers say about PC versions or Ports too at face value (Killer is Dead requirements seemed overstated for me).

If anything, Capcom's past PC ports over the past year have been good, so despite the 'limitations' imposed due to the XBone ver. we wouldn't know how severe the issue would be running the game at 60 FPS will be until we actually play it.

As such I think GAFfers are jumping the gun regarding DR3, and by the time the game gets released and it turns out the issues aren't as severe as initially thought...well the cycle won't ever end there >_>

I mean, it's a dev posting on a forum, it's not a PR statement

if he says it I believe him, and he's basically saying he's not happy about it but that's how it is, so why should I be?

Stealth is good in Splinter Cell, it's more "technical". In fact, excluding the "F5 abuse", SC is somehow a "stealth simulator". Also if you trigger too many alarms, the mission is over, so you are forced to act perfectly. The story sadly is "boring" (but I find it boring because is "so true", plot is based on ipothetical scenarios written by Tom Clancy).

BUT

Metal Gear Solid has such a beautiful story, with an amazing soundtrack and some weird stuff, so I love it more compared to SC.

And finally, all Metal Gear Solid title are very good, while on PC only SC1-2-3 and partially 4 (PS2 version) are great game, while Convinction and Blacklist are not so stealthy and way too easy.

Also I love Thief saga, but I'm stucked at Mage Tower from two years, lol. Even on Easy, Thief is very hard.
You played the PS2 version of DA? How is it?
I stopped paying attention to the PS2/GC versions of Splinter Cell after the neutered version of the first game(so much easier, and so much stuff was removed!) so I'm interested to know if it's the same as the Xbox version or if it's also been made easier.

And yeah Thief is actually really tricky, I tried to get into it for a while but it just didn't click with me and I ended up giving up, Splinter Cell is the stealth series for me(and MGS to a lesser degree, I've only finished MGS3 and MGS PW)

Momentary

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835913&page=7

might have exagerated on a bunch, but it just bothers me to see that attitude

if you're gonna complain about something dont be afraid to complain at the developer's face, specially if he shows it and talks straight answers instead of just circling it. you're paying them money

I can't post in threads like that anymore. I start to become condescending towards people and get banned.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
interesting. buying something triggered my playfire money (as in, triggered me getting it on my gmg account)

anyway, reckon we will finally see 75% on Prison Architecht this sale?

Nope, the crappy PC one, because sadly I haven't a PS2. But I saw some videos, and it's very good, completely different from the "next gen" version. The team behind it is the same one of Chaos Theory.
Ah shame, yeah I keep hearing how good the last gen version of DA is, would love to play it at one point, Double Agent on PC is pretty bad, keeps crashing after load screens and the resolution can only be set to 720p in game(have to change some files around to get it to play at 1080p) but Chaos Theory can be set to 1080p in the menu despite being older than Double Agent and imo it looks worse than Chaos Theory, just crazy how much they managed to mess up(that's not even getting into things like the level design and all that)

Miker

Just started The Swapper, and it's really neat so far. Nothing terribly taxing in the first hour and half of play, but the puzzles are clever and satisfying enough to make me want to play to the end.

The story, though, is vague as hell. Not that it's bad, but it's not for me. Telepathic rocks with cryptic messages and reading shipping logs and all that stuff. I don't yearn for cinematic AAA nu-Tomb Raider levels of hamfisted storytelling, but I also don't think I have the patience to puzzle together a story through lore, etc.

Uzzy

Just started The Swapper, and it's really neat so far. Nothing terribly taxing i the first hour and half of play, but the puzzles are clever and satisfying enough to make me want to play to the end.

The story, though, is vague as hell. Not that it's bad, but it's not for me. Telepathic rocks with cryptic messages and reading shipping logs and all that stuff. I don't yearn for cinematic AAA nu-Tomb Raider levels of hamfisted storytelling, but I also don't think I have the patience to puzzle together a story through lore, etc.

If I remember correctly, the story gets a lot more clarity towards the end of the game. Glad to hear you're enjoying it, it's one of my favourite games of last year.

Heh, someone bought my Mysterious Card 8 (foil) for €3.40, despite there being like 15 cheaper cards of those to buy. Why would anyone do that? It's not the first time it happens either. Not that I'm complaining though. I just find it odd.

Santiako

blackwellconvergence.jpg

I just finished Blackwell Convergence, if you like classic Point and Click adventure games, you really should play these games, they are fantastic.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
blackwellconvergence.jpg

I just finished Blackwell Convergence, if you like classic Point and Click adventure games, you really should play these games, they are fantastic.

I really hope the Blackwell Bundle goes on sale for a cheap price during the sale, $4.99 would be the perfect price point to force me to buy it.

Terra_Ex

blackwellconvergence.jpg

Agreed, now play the rest of them. Wadjet Eye just "gets" how to make a good Point and Click game, so many others try and fail to nail particular aspects.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres a new coming out soon I think? the final one

Salsa

WadjetEye is a publisher

edit: yeah. but it seems Dave Gilbert made the Blackwell games and he's the guy at wadjeteye so I guess it's not a false statement. Not Gemini Rue tho, for exmaple.

ncmw6om.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom